turkey hunting

reliob
Freshman Team

turkey hunting

Post by reliob »

This warm weather has me ready to drag out the cammo and the calls and hit the woods , but alas i have to wait another month to use the calls. Anybody else getting the fever?

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Re: turkey hunting

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Yeah im definently ready for spring turkey season! Turkey are my favorite animal to hunt that is not a predator! Ive already been seeing alot of turkeys around on my property where I always hunt so I think its going to be a good year this year!!!

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

I have been seeing some big toms around here to but, they always seem to get gone when turkey season starts.Then after the season is over there back in my backyard again .

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I'm ready for some thunder chicken action :!:

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

reliob wrote:I have been seeing some big toms around here to but, they always seem to get gone when turkey season starts.Then after the season is over there back in my backyard again .

Well maybe you should site your gun in on your neighbors hunting spots this year then and maybe you will get yours and his turkey where you hunt :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

reliob wrote:I have been seeing some big toms around here to but, they always seem to get gone when turkey season starts.Then after the season is over there back in my backyard again .

you mean, there is certain times you have to hunt these things? :?:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

I like to get out a couple of weeks early to beat the poachers.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

hammerdown wrote:
BigOrangeOne wrote:I like to get out a couple of weeks early to beat the poachers.

:lol: :lol: so do i plus i like doing the drive by method as well. :lol: :lol:

You guys just aint right :122246 :122245

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:

Well maybe you should site your gun in on your neighbors hunting spots this year then and maybe you will get yours and his turkey where you hunt :lol:

Maybe your on to something there ,but this year is gonna be different. I saw 6 big toms in his back yard this morning so maybe this year during season they will hang out in mine.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

reliob wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:

Maybe your on to something there ,but this year is gonna be different. I saw 6 big toms in his back yard this morning so maybe this year during season they will hang out in mine.

Yeah that might work but I still think it would help out if you sited your gun in the day before season on his play LMFAO!!!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Turkey season needs to be in now :!: I watched 23 birds in the creek bottom this evening and they are hot to trot right now :!:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Bassmaster wrote:Turkey season needs to be in now :!: I watched 23 birds in the creek bottom this evening and they are hot to trot right now :!:

Yea, our season comes in way to late.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
Bassmaster wrote:Turkey season needs to be in now :!: I watched 23 birds in the creek bottom this evening and they are hot to trot right now :!:

Yea, our season comes in way to late.

I like that our season comes in late because I hate it when I have to try and get the toms away from them hens and if they are already nesting i wont have to do that!

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

was out at scottown strip mines couple weeks ago and seen 4 turkeys. One tom was chasin a hen hard, thinkin maybe when season comes in ima go bag me one..

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Ive been seeing alot on our farm and some in full strut with some hens too! I havnt been out in the mourning yet to hear in gobble though so I still havnt heard my first gobble of the year yet...

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

when does the first day officially kick in, cause i honestly dont know....its mid april aint it?

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

bigtimehitter wrote:when does the first day officially kick in, cause i honestly dont know....its mid april aint it?

The 2008-2009 Hunting and Trapping Regulation booklet says it comes in on April 20th, 2009 and goes out on May 17th, 2009.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

ok good deal, thanks orangeone

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

bigtimehitter wrote:ok good deal, thanks orangeone

You're welcome. :) :) :)

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:
reliob wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:[

Yeah that might work but I still think it would help out if you sited your gun in the day before season on his play LMFAO!!![/quote]
And i just found out he is gonna be working day trick the first week. He also begged me to leave a couple for him to hunt the 2nd week.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”