Champion Bass Boats? Skeeter?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Champion Bass Boats? Skeeter?

Post by kantuckyII »

Anyone know much about Champion? or Skeeter?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Champion Bass Boats? Skeeter?

Post by Bleeding Red »

Both are great boats. They are fast and still handle rough water well. My buddy has an 08 Champion 210 Elite...awesome boat.

The only scary thing about a Champ is that they were taken over by the same company that builds Stratos and Ranger and the Champ is supposed to be an "elite" style of Stratos in the near future. I hope they dont change the fishability of the 210 Elite.

Both boats are going to run you mid $50K range for a 20-21 footer with a 250hp. My opinion would be that you cant go wrong with either. The Champion guys love Champions, the Skeeter guys love Skeeter.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Oh, I can't afford anything like that. I have been looking at the 18' (183CX) Champ with a 150 optimax on it. It's a 2009 model. It's not a real pretty boat though, kinda plain but I've said in the past that would matter but?

sportsmr
Freshman Team

Post by sportsmr »

I have a 20 foot Champion(CX190)h 225 Optimax it is by far the smoothest riding boat but yet fast (will run 73) I have ever been in. I have had a 18 foot Stratos as well as a Triton TR21, Champion by far the best boat. 2009 and prior years are what I call pure Champion models and think will be worth a small gold mine, because they are no longer made. As stated early Stratos, Ranger and Champion are now all owned by same company and Champion are longer being made so Ranger does not have any compition inthe high endboat market. Starting in 2011 Stratos will produce a "Champion Line" in a 183, 202 and 210 (to keep Skeet Reese happy). I hope this new model is as good as prior models but I have my doubts.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Thanks for the info...but...about 3 minutes ago, I just elected to get a Triton as it was a deal I couldn't pass up but I'm SICK thinking about paying for it... :122246
Last edited by kantuckyII on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Nice boat. Did you buy it new at Fannin's?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

and if it makes you feel any better, you are really not paying that much for the boat. Its that black thing on the back that says "200" on it :)

Mine says "225" and it costs way more than my boat too!

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”