Dirt Track Racing

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Dirt Track Racing

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Are you all ready to see some Good racing, I cant wait.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

They are racing in Flordia at East Bay this week. Go to 4m.net and it has all the information about race weeks there and in Daytona.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Go to jayskis.com for nascar, it has it all. Volusia County and Eastbay have their own websites.

Swiper
Waterboy

Re: Dirt Track Racing

Post by Swiper »

I love it all!

redline_24
Waterboy

Post by redline_24 »

I can't wait!!!!! My dad races at PRP in the Late Model class, Joe Whitt in the w1 car. We have the new body on the car and are waiting for the new decals from Jamie at Impact Graphix!!!!

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

I grew up at the track at Southern. My dad took me, sister, and brother there everytime there was a race. Your right, it does have that old track feeling and the races there were always exciting. Couple of times when we were young (I am 41 now) dad would go up in the parking lot on the hill, knock windows out of whatever we drove that night and race it!!! I can remember mom would be so mad at him. But he has raced since before I was born. Just quit about 10 years ago and then my brother took over for awhile. I miss going to the races and watching them. My work schedule will change for the summer and hopefully for the first time in several years I will be off on race night and go out to PRP and watch some.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

BBP,
I grew up at Southern Ohio also, watching my dad race in the 70's and 80's, he had a late model #83. What class did your dad race in and what was his number?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I was at the Southern every week when we was little also.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

Do you still go to the races at PRP or Rocky Top? They have a memorial race at PRP to honor my day, The Fred Dillow Memorial. Have you ever attended that race?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I go down to PRP alot. I dont miss any big shows down there. You may remember my ;ittle brother he was the Redish brown haired guy who rode his bike to the races every week, He died of cancer a couple months ago, at the age of 38. He never missed a race, he even rode the bike out to the southern from Portsmouth to watch the races. Of course we would pick him up and take him if we went. He was a Charlie Swartz fan. He also bought shirts from the Conleys every year. And he like the Boggs.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”