Grayson Lake - Fishing Report

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Grayson Lake - Fishing Report

Post by kantuckyII »

As I often do as I'm getting ready to launch my boat at Grayson Lake I think to myself...what the heck am I doing here?! This is a terrible place to bass fish! ...anyway...I did so again today..

How bad was it today though!? the water was very muddy...a few inches above winter pool and falling...and...get this! the surface temperature was 42 degrees! Now, that's some bad fishing conditions...and very cold for this time of the year..I expect water temps to be around 50 to 52 by now..not so though.

I was mainly out there doing a spring shake down run of my boat (got a couple problems) and trying out some new equipment..LOVE The new Ambassador Revo reel I just got last week. I can toss such a small weight with it, amazing!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Grayson Lake - Fishing Report

Post by biggdowgg »

did you catch anything?
any bites at all?

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

I finally had a little success yesterday. I caught 4 trout and 3 largemouth bass. The bass averaged just over 2 pounds and the trout just under 2 pounds.
I ate the bass last night and plan to eat the trout tonight.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:I finally had a little success yesterday. I caught 4 trout and 3 largemouth bass. The bass averaged just over 2 pounds and the trout just under 2 pounds.

I know you said you hadn't fished in years and had gotten a little rusty but you seemed to pick the lying part of it all back up pretty quickly :-D

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

kantuckyII wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:I finally had a little success yesterday. I caught 4 trout and 3 largemouth bass. The bass averaged just over 2 pounds and the trout just under 2 pounds.

I know you said you hadn't fished in years and had gotten a little rusty but you seemed to pick the lying part of it all back up pretty quickly :-D

The EATING the bass part was especially for you. Hmmmmmm tasty. :shock: :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

DID YOU CATCH THEM AT GRAYSON. NO WONDER YOU CAN'T GET AHOLD OF OZZIEOHIO. :aaaaa71 :aaaaa71 :aaaaa71 :aaaaa121 :aaaaa121 :aaaaa121 :aaaaa6

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

was talking to my bro in law today in greenup. he said grayson was a mess , muddy wise. said greenbo was a little better. said he's been having a lot of luck crappie fishin at night at greenbo, with submersible light, big crappies, he said.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

A lot of Greenbo is muddy. How much of it, I can't say. It isn't so much from the rain as it is because they're redoing the whole campground, and while they have silt fences up..there's still a huge bunch of mud that has and is washing into the lake.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”