Eldora Mile

racenut70
JV Team

Re: Eldora Mile

Post by racenut70 »

Yes, Earl built that track a while back. It is behind the regular track. If you have ever been to Eldora and seen the guy carry the flag on the horse in turn 2 it is located back behind there toward Earl's new house. My husband has seen the track. He did not sale that to Tony Stewart when he sold Eldora and the rest of the surroundings as far as we know.

sprinter14
Varsity

Re: Eldora Mile

Post by sprinter14 »

We went to Eldora to race in the Mopar Thunder non wing sprint event back in 2004 and we took a tour of the track. It was still very much visible then and I'm sure it still is now. We talked to Earl the next day and he told us that while he was building it, 2 or 3 drivers were killed on the 1/2 mile and he figured a mile would make things worse. I have also heard from other sources that he "built" it (there never was anything really built in the way of structures) to use it as a tax write-off. I just regretted not telling Earl ahead of time that we were going back there because he said he would have been happy to have walked the Mile with us.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”