SEOPS HO

Youth Gun season starts

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Tomorrow. Is anyone else going?

GAHS7462
All Conference

Re: Youth Gun season starts

Post by GAHS7462 »

Don't think anyone went. I was in my tree stand(crossbow)at 6am it was 10 degrees. I never heard a shot all morning.

Must have been to cold for those gun hunters.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

My son hunted both days. We was 30 yards from a nice 8 point and he let it walk. Then he missed a doe a few hours later at 35 yards.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

yea but now when your hunting out your back door it's a lil easier hammerdown.. :lol:

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

:lol: :lol: :lol: you letting our kentucky secrets out .. good thing is never have to use a tag lol.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

sounds like little ozzie needs a new teacher.

all 3 of mine have bagged 2 a piece not more than 100 yds from the back door

Thats what I was going to say, we dont use a spotlight and we hunt during the day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

hammerdown wrote:
wellstonrockets wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: you letting our kentucky secrets out .. good thing is never have to use a tag lol.

the best secret is a beagle. :122245 very few things compare to listing to a beagle run a deer. ;-)

So that's why you wanted me to grab that beagle that's been chasing those deer on my property. :lol: If I catch him you can have him that's for sure. :122245

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:My son hunted both days. We was 30 yards from a nice 8 point and he let it walk. Then he missed a doe a few hours later at 35 yards.

Now why would he let a nice 8 pointer walk at 30 yards and then shoot at a doe at 35 yards later??
Sounds like he needs some training from a QUALIFIED adult deer hunter and not a bass fisherman.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

He has a ten point on the wall, and if he shoots a buck he wants a bigger one than the one he has. The doe was for dinner but got away.

Now during the youth hunt and the first three days of gun season he looks for a bigger one, after that we try to just use the tags.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

You wait you may never see a bigger one. Better take what the good lord gives you.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Look at the Avator I have, he has lots of sons running around here. Theres a 14 and 20 point that we have seen for sure. We bow hunt a little after the youth hunt, but now with the gun season coming up we will be hunting for meat. I told him this morning that he better get what ever he can tomorrow, because it gets harder each day of the week to see a buck.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”