Six & Seven Hundred Dollar Fishing Reels?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Six & Seven Hundred Dollar Fishing Reels?

Post by kantuckyII »

You know, have any of you other's seen these things? I'm not talking those big huge deep sea fishing reels but...bass fishing reels. I just don't get this...I mean, if you bought the 500 with the 400 dollar rods, that's 900 a combo. I carry probably at least 4 with me on any given trip...at that price, that's almost 4 thousand dollars. Are people nuts or just have so much money they don't know what to do with it?

Bassmaster
S

Re: Six & Seven Hundred Dollar Fishing Reels?

Post by Bassmaster »

I use Ambassadeur 4600C's and Bass Pro Rods. I usually have less than 150 bucks in a combo. They do everything I need to do. I don't fish tournaments anymore but I would still stick with what I use if I was.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I did lay down $225.00 for a 7'6" Shimano Cumura worm rod that I saved for months to get. I'd do it again too (as a matter of a fact, I'm saving to get another) to me, the extra sensitivity is worth it. I have a dead nerve that runs down my arm from my neck injury so...I need every bit I can get to feel when I'm getting a pick up. I have NO DOUBT that this rod enabled me to catch a lot of fish I would have never knew were biting on some rods. The only thing I don't like about it is the tip is a wee bit soft and flimsy so it's hard to fix like a 1/2 oz jig with a large trailer on it

Ps..my last...trusty worm rod..I paid like 80 bucks for....I had it for over 20 years! I fished all over the eastern United States with it it seems. I'd love to have known how many fish I caught on it before the reel seat came loose and my nephew TOSSED IT into a lake in upstate New York a couple years ago! I could have jack slapped that boy!

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

I bought a 7' All-Star med.-heavy rod with an Abu Garcia bait casting reel on it the other day at a "used" shop for $29. Seems like a good one.
I figure I can fill my freezer with good ole bass to fry up with that one. :-D

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Oh man! you're going to get in trouble, I still can't believe you ate that eagle egg!

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

kantuckyII wrote:Oh man! you're going to get in trouble, I still can't believe you ate that eagle egg!

Why ? It wasn't spoiled.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I bought a 7' All-Star med.-heavy rod with an Abu Garcia bait casting reel on it the other day at a "used" shop for $29. Seems like a good one.

He did buy that combo for $29 dollars because I seen it first and told him it was a heck of a deal. I dont use bait casters so I pushed it on him.... The Rod was a med heavy and cost about 120 by itself. The reel was in good shape also. It was prob around 100 new.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:

He did buy that combo for $29 dollars because I seen it first and told him it was a heck of a deal. I dont use bait casters so I pushed it on him.... The Rod was a med heavy and cost about 120 by itself. The reel was in good shape also. It was prob around 100 new.

I'll wave it at you Ozzie this spring when you are out fishing with your little trolling motor and I whiz past you with my new Merc. :lol: :lol:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

hammerdown wrote:
OZZIEOHIO wrote:

man that baby was hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. :lol:

No, I didn't buy it at your place. :oops: :lol:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

He bought it in a consignment store and has a reciept so hes covered.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote: and has a reciept so hes covered.

I DO ??? :? :oops:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

hammerdown wrote:
OZZIEOHIO wrote:He bought it in a consignment store and has a reciept so hes covered.

but if the true owner comes and claims :lol: it he will have to give it back and out 29.00 :( been there done that fortunetly i didn't lose any money. :122245

I have my initials etched on it.

(and so does the .357 I have strapped to my leg. ) :122246

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

hammerdown wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sounds like you own it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You betcha. !!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hell,I have never paid anything for the ones I use.....I use what evers in the boat I am fishing out of :lol:

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”