OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Big Buck Stories...

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

It took me 20 trys but I got it now to get it on my Avatar.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Sorry i was trying to make the deer pic clearer so you could see the rack better,i sent ZAP a pm to see if he could help

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

"He's been hunting me for 5 years but has never seen me. I am a non-typical 12 pointer with 8 inch drop tines on each main beam."

"He parks his car, slams the door and then tries to sneak into the woods. I found one of his flashlights the first year, and I just flip it on when he walks thru the woods before daylight. It always sends him scurrying the other way."

"I usually bed down beside his vehicle while he is hunting. He smells bad, really bad and even worse when he puts Doe-in-Heat lure on his boots. That stuff is so watered down that it's funny. It comes from goats in Estrus. That Tink's guy is laughing all the way to the bank." :shock:

"He started climbing into trees last year, and is now wearing squirrel camo. We have a woodland poll on how long it will be before he becomes a very still hunter at the base of the tree. I will probably die of old age like all the other big ones."

Troy FeDeer

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:I thought ohio big buck was 140 are you sure it wasnt pope & young ;-)

If you shoot one with a gun its gotta be higher than 140, and if you shoot one with a bow it only has to be higher than 125 or 130... Me and my cousin took our bucks out, his eight point scored 135 3/8 but his didnt make ohio big buck because he shot his with a gun, but mine was a bow kill so mine got in easily... mine scored 138 1/8 ...

Im 100% sure mine made ohio big buck because the guy who scored it gave me my sheet that i had to turn in, i turned it in back to him about a week ago so ill get my certificate probably in the fall

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Oh ok, I never knew that before! I passed up quite a few bucks over the years that could of scored between 125 and 135 with my bow but chose not to shoot them because I wanted a Ohio Big Buck :cry:

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

I didn't know Ohio Big Bucks had separate gun and bow categories.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

BUCKEYE BIG BUCKS CLUB

How to become a member.

"To become a member of the BBBC, your Ohio whitetail deer must be taken by the fair chase and within the limits of the law and tagged by the state of Ohio. All deer must be scored by an official BBBC scorer and witnessed. The buck must meet the minimum score of 140 inches typical or 160 inches non-typical. To determine if your buck qualifies or not, take your antlers to an official scorer and he/she will take the official measurements. There is no charge to have your buck scored. If your buck qualifies, there is a $25 membership fee. At that time your official scorer will take all the information needed to put your name in the record book.
You will be invited to the annual banquet/awards ceremony/membership meeting
the following year.
This is where you will receive your frame able certificate
in recognition of the buck that you harvested."

This, from their site, says nothing about different scores for different means of harvesting.

140 inches typical
160 inches non-typical

Period.

I believe Pope & Young has a minimum score of 125 for typical whitetail deer to be eligible and a minimum "drying" period of 60 days is required before an "official" score can be taken.

Minimum Scores
Species

Minimum Score
Alaska Brown Bear

Black Bear

Grizzly Bear

Polar Bear

Bison

*Barren Ground Caribou

*Central Canada Barren Ground Caribou

*Mountain Caribou

*Quebec-Labrador Caribou

*Woodland Caribou

Cougar

13 8/16
*Columbian Blacktail Deer, Typical

*Columbian Blacktail Deer, Non-Typical

*Sitka Blacktail Deer

*Coues' Deer, Typical

*Coues' Deer, Non-Typical

*Mule Deer, Typical

*Mule Deer, Non-Typical

* Whitetail deer, typical

*Whitetail Deer, Non-Typical

*Roosevelt's (Olympic) Elk

*American (Wapiti) Elk

*American Elk, Non-Typical

Rocky Mountain Goat

*Alaska-Yukon Moose

*Canada Moose

*Shiras' Moose

Muskox

Pronghorn Antelope

Bighorn Sheep

Dall's Sheep

Desert Bighorn Sheep

Stone's Sheep

* Velvet entries are accepted in these categories, the above minimums apply.

Boone & Crockett is a minimum of 170 typical regardless of type of LEGAL weapon used to harvest.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

My brother has 3 bucks the would make it, You should see his wall.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:My brother has 3 bucks the would make it, You should see his wall.

I'd rather see the three bucks.

Ozzie.. did you ever find out where that 190+ one fit in on the Pope and Young record books?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

He took the deer to columbus and was offered big money for it. It got scored but I havent heard what it scored yet i will find out today.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:He took the deer to columbus and was offered big money for it. It got scored but I havent heard what it scored yet i will find out today.

How BIG was the money? I have a few I would consider selling. :shock:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Image

Im not sure where its at, but this buck is on display in columbus this week at a hunting show or somthing like that. if anyone has the link please post it.

Dang, is that a deer or is it an Elk? that's one huge rack!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:

Im not sure where its at, but this buck is on display in columbus this week at a hunting show or somthing like that. if anyone has the link please post it.

that deer has been in my back yard several times,,,there are 2 more,,,just like him..I keep telling oZ to come and get them

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

biggdowgg wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:

that deer has been in my back yard several times,,,there are 2 more,,,just like him..I keep telling oZ to come and get them

Just give ole Ohbuckeye1 a holler and I'll help you out with those pesky critters :122245

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Boo wrote
How BIG was the money? I have a few I would consider selling

My son told me this when ho got back from Columbus with my brother, but I didnt want to post it untill I made sure he was telling the truth. He was offered 20,000 dollars, and they are going to make him a replica and they keep the real deer. He can go to there shows and sit with it if he wants to.

The Deer scored 196 and 1/2

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Boo wrote
How BIG was the money? I have a few I would consider selling

My son told me this when ho got back from Columbus with my brother, but I didnt want to post it untill I made sure he was telling the truth. He was offered 20,000 dollars, and they are going to make him a replica and they keep the real deer. He can go to there shows and sit with it if he wants to.

The Deer scored 196 and 1/2

WoW !! That has to rank up near the top somewhere in the Pope and Young record book in Ohio. Has he checked that out?

ballboy1
Waterboy

Post by ballboy1 »

My buddy and I found a shed on grandma's farm. It was absolutely huge. I had NEVER saw the deer. He put it up on ebay over the next 10 days. Had a bid of $660 for half. Luckily, I convinced him to stop the bidding, because a neighboring farmer called me and said he'd found the match with his sprayer.

I went to see if it were a close match. It was dead on. One split tine (G2) that popped his tire. We put it on ebay the next day, had it scored by OBB using a 4 inch base spread as the start. It was 209 5/8 with what I'd call a conservative base. We sold them in six days for $1600.00. Sure made for more days in the woods!

My brother was the 1st to see him last year. Had a shot at 40 yds. with his crossbow. He didn't see the little limb, glanced it and went right under his belly. Haven't seen the deer since. He sure makes for good talk though.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

do you have a pic of the rack?

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”