Who is you all time Favorite Late model driver???

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Who is you all time Favorite Late model driver???

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I always like to watch Barry Bragdon. He could drive the wheels off a car. He got in someones Street stock or bomber one night at Portsmouth, and blew the field away.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

I always thought the same thing about Tony Throckmorton, he is also a very nice person.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Paul Coyan from Jackson wasn't too bad either. He just needed good sponsors which is always hard to find. He drove the #17 car.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

I would like to see Jim Patrick, Pat Patrick, Rodney Combs and Billy Teegarden do battle again. In their days it was racing door to door and today it seems like follow the leader.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Does anybody on her remember Danny Dean from Mount Vernon ,Ohio? Hecould run with the best of them also.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

JHS4EVER wrote:Does anybody on her remember Danny Dean from Mount Vernon ,Ohio? Hecould run with the best of them also.

doid he drive the 555 ?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I think 555 was mike steel I remember Dean. I think he drove the 99 car.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

555 was running at Portsmouth a few years ago, but he couldnt never out run john Melvon so he stoped coming. Dont know if hes racing somewhere else or stoped racing.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

Mike Steel is no longer racing, he did drive the 555 in Street Stock at PRP. He has been out of racing for 5 years or more. I remember Danny Dean and I think he did drive the 99 car.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Anybody remember Sam Ervin who drove the #710 and #711 in sprint cars and late models?

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

Davey Johnson was my favorite.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Sam Erwin was killed while I was still very young. He dies in a sprint car crash at K-C Raceway (back when it was Atomic). I recently discovered where Sam's last race car is and I am trying to buy what is left of it to restore.

As for the Delmas Conley vs Charlie Swartz thing.......rumor has it that those 2 will be going head to head on a race track one more time later this fall. In one of the biggest racing events ever coming up in November!!

Favorite late model drivers for me as a kid: Delmas, Fred Dillow (first race car I ever sat in), Jim Esham, Jim Dunn, Bob Moskie, Danny Dean, Jim Childers, and Don Gosset......too many more to keep naming them all!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Did you race Sprinter?

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Yes, I still do.......been racing since I was 14 years old. So I guess 20 years now (I'm 34). I drive 410 sprint car and I run both with and without wings. I also drive two e-mods part time for a team from Ironton and a team from Huntington. I'm originally from Ironton myself but I reside in Chillicothe now. I will be making my second race at PRP this weekend if anyone is going. I'll be in Jon Broce's #41me modified. I'll be at Willard, KY racing Friday night.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Tell me more about DELMAS VS CHARLIE?

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Delmas vs Charlie......LOL

I have a kart track behind my race shop in Chillicothe called Lunbeck Speedway. It is just a backyard race track that I built so my pit crew could play on old racing karts. It has grown in just 2 years to be a pretty big deal and we are always trying to make our races sound like "world records" and biggest races ever. We are having a race in November called "IT" because all the other race names are taken and since this is supposed to be the biggest race ever, people should simply refer to it as "IT".

I have spoken to Delmas and Charlie both and both have tentatively agreed to enter the race but I have to find them good competitive karts to use. I'll keep you posted on the details.
Rumor has it that a few more big names in racing may enter!!

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

sprinter14, I thought you were going to say Delmas vs. Charlie at the Outlaws finals in Charlotte, Oct.30- Nov.1
I'll be there.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Late model driver. Mine is and will always be CHARLIE SWARTZ.

http://www.dirtfans.com/CharlieSwartz.html

Check that link out, it will bring back some memorys. Im almost sure thats my brother in the second pic the fuzzy headed guy walking from right to left.

I am going to have to say me :-D

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”