Has anyone got a Deer yet?

swbaseballfan
All State

Re: Has anyone got a Deer yet?

Post by swbaseballfan »

i'm heading out in the morning. cant wait. only got to go out one time this week, but i have all morning tomorrow. i will come home happy

friend of mine shot an 11 point last night

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Didn't see a deer after 7:15am tues until 4:45pm fri.
where did they all go?

Oh well I still have 3 chances left: crossbow-shotgun-muzzleloader.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

a guy i know took his 5 year old out into the woods with him hunting this year for the first time and the kid outdid his dad!!!! before going out that morning he told his son that when they got in the woods they had to be very quiet and all the other things you would have to explain to a 5 year old, then he stuffed an old t-shirt into his boys shirt sleve against his shoulder and told him that it was for padding if he got to shoot the gun. he was using a 20 guage. that morning they had a 10 point come their way so the dad let his son aim the gun, he got behind him to help him not fly backwards from the recoil and sure enough, the boy dropped that big ole buck!!!!! i bet Jacky Bushman nover done that!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BESIDES I ONLY HAVE 1 BAD KNEE. :122245 :122245

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Who is that good looking fellow??

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i only got one bad knee, and not nearly the rack that thing has. please put it to bed. :-D

falcon_2010
Waterboy

Post by falcon_2010 »

Regulator wrote:
falcon_2010 wrote:killed an 130 pound doe......and missed about 160in 10 point from 46 yards with my bow i brushed a couple hairs off tho lol

I have been hunting a long time. And I have never been able to judge a buck. I always hear people say a 130 class, 140 class, 12 point, etc.... When I see a buck I have two judgments. That is a small buck or that is a big @## Buck!!!

I once had a guy tell me he shot at a 12 point non typical that would have grossed 170 running full speed 50-60 yards away. What? Can someone please tell me how they are able to see this.

yea well the property i was hunting on the guy had many pics of this deer and he is an ex game warden so i think he knows wat hes talkin bout when it comes to scoring deer and he told me that buck was an easy 155 160 class deer......so y be a smarteleck about sumtin small like that????????????

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

GAHS7462 wrote:Didn't see a deer after 7:15am tues until 4:45pm fri.
where did they all go?

Oh well I still have 3 chances left: crossbow-shotgun-muzzleloader.

Deer bed during the day. When you see them in the morning they are heading for their bedding location and when you see them in the evening they are heading to the feeding ground to spend the night. During they peak of the rut you will see them anytime during the daylight hours and there are always a few deer that will disprove your theory. ;-)

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i'm gonna lay a big fluffy matress out in the woods and put a blind right next to it.....deer cant resist a good bedding spot :lol:

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”