Big Buck Stories...

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Big Buck Stories...

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Everyone has a story on the big one they bag but the ones i like to here are the ones that got away... lol lets hear your stories... :122245

BigOrangeOne
S

Re: Big Buck Stories...

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Remember_The_Name wrote:Everyone has a story on the big one they bag but the ones i like to here are the ones that got away... lol lets hear your stories... :122245

"GOT AWAY " !!!!!! You mean you let one get away???? :lol: :lol:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I watched a 24 point walk away, it was real windy and I had a bow. I couldnt get with in 60 yards of it. It made me sick.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

now you know why the cowboys whupped the injuns. :122245

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Just last rut, the weekend before the first gun season I had my chance at a 160 class 10-point :shock: It was 10 yards away when I drew my bow on it. It was so close all 3 of my pins took up most of the kill zone :!: But it happened so quick and when I pulled back my bow the peep site spun around on me to where I couldnt see through it. The buck set there for two minutes just licking this tree while I was turning the peep around with my tounge. As soon as I got it turned around and started to squeeze my release the deer had its 6th sence kick in and took off back the way it came. While he was running I turned and the arrow slipped out and fell on the ground. He then stopped at 50 yards and turned and came back to 40 and turned broad side. And the way he had me turned I couldnt turn to get my other arrow without him spotting me. He stared right at me and then walked off.

Here in about 10 years I imagine that will be about a 200 inch deer, maybe new state record :lol:

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Nothin but respect to bow hunters. I don't think I could handle it, If I see em I want to be able to dump em......that and I ain't that sneaky. :mrgreen:

I've got a couple buddies who bow hunt elk out here. One will do the ninja trick and actually has gotten in amongst the herd to take his bulls. The other guy is a runner and he'll just take off after the herd and pretty soon they will "forget" why they were running or get tired and stop. Both these guys get nice bulls every year......I try and shoot em from the truck seat and not spill my coffee. :122245
Last edited by Boonedawg on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote
Just last rut, the weekend before the first gun season I had my chance at a 160 class 10-point It was 10 yards away when I drew my bow on it. It was so close all 3 of my pins took up most of the kill zone But it happened so quick and when I pulled back my bow the peep site spun around on me to where I couldnt see through it. The buck set there for two minutes just licking this tree while I was turning the peep around with my tounge. As soon as I got it turned around and started to squeeze my release the deer had its 6th sence kick in and took off back the way it came. While he was running I turned and the arrow slipped out and fell on the ground. He then stopped at 50 yards and turned and came back to 40 and turned broad side. And the way he had me turned I couldnt turn to get my other arrow without him spotting me. He stared right at me and then walked off.

We call that BUCK FEVER :aaaaa18

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

I think I posted this year before last. My brother brought this one down in Frankfort, ohio. He had a big smile on his face for a week.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

^^^^^^^^^ Awesome deer :!: What did it score :?:

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

I was bowhunting on thanksgiving day of my freshman year in HS, 2004... I got done eating my dinner around 3 and I decided to hunt for a few hours before dark, I walked about 200yrds in the woods and sat on a stump with my bow in hand. 10min. later a doe flys by me so i knew it was being chased... lagging behind was a nice 10pt. It walked below me about 20 yards and stopped... i pulled back my bow and put whai thought was a great shot on it... I went to go get my grandpa and one of my friends to help me track it.. we went and looked and seen puddles of blood so i knewi put a great shot on it... when we got to this hillside, my grandpas rolled down a hill and into a creek so we decided to call off the search and look the next morning. I went that whole night wondering if i was going to find it... i got a call the next morning around 8 and it was my friend.. he went out early that morning and found my buck... I put a perfect double lung shot on it, but the funny part was, it was 12 feet from where my grandpa rolled down the hill,.... lol ... so ii cleaned it and took it to get cut up and went to a scrimmage against the girls varsity team an hour later... lol

I just got the buck scored abouta month ago in Rutland Ohio... theres a guy there that is an official scorer but i cant remember his name... It made Ohio Big Buck with a score of 138 1/8... I was prett happy to get a good trophy like that...

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

I thought ohio big buck was 140 are you sure it wasnt pope & young ;-)

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I am going to post some of the bucks that some of my Family members got this year. this one my Brother got with a bow, It scored 190 somthing I cant remember the exact score.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

This my brother's (the one who shot the deer in pic I posted) little boy. He's got him in training already!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

That Deer was shot with a bow here in Scioto county

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

OZZIO bring back the picture of that buck you had before on your avatar. it was a treat to look at.

Im working on it, Lost the pic when my PC crashed.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Im not sure where its at, but this buck is on display in columbus this week at a hunting show or somthing like that. if anyone has the link please post it.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Image

Im not sure where its at, but this buck is on display in columbus this week at a hunting show or somthing like that. if anyone has the link please post it.

I think that it is the expo that is held at the columbus fairgrounds. Here is the website that I think it might be http://www.deerinfo.com/ohiohome.asp

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Image

I am going to post some of the bucks that some of my Family members got this year. this one my Brother got with a bow, It scored 190 somthing I cant remember the exact score.

That's getting up pretty close to the top for Ohio Pope & Young typical whitetails isn't it??

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”