Tycoon & Timber Ridge on Spring Break?

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Tycoon & Timber Ridge on Spring Break?

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I go to OSU and our spring break is the 13-24 :!: I was going to go out and fish a few times at these lakes and see what I could catch, can anyone give me any pointers towards what are biting the best in these 2 lakes :?:

I was wanting to try trout fishing for the first time so would it be a good time for that?

catch22
Riding the Bench

Re: Tycoon & Timber Ridge on Spring Break?

Post by catch22 »

I know that the DNR stocked 1200lbs. of trout into Timber Ridge on March 7. I'm planning on trying it out this weekend. Probably Sat. and Sun.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Stocked fish are nasty....at least here the ones they stock are. Thr meat is white and mushy. It takes a couple months for the farm trout to pink up and taste like a healthy wild fish. Here they clip the adipose fin off the hatchery fish so you can tell a native and a wild fish....I always boot the hatchery fish. I have a friend who used to live at lake forrest...there used to be some nice fish in there.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Tycoon? I always loved that lake because my father would take me there as a kid and the fishing then was great. Hard to believe how such a small lake as it is could have produced the number of quality fish it has. If it was the size of Cave Run it would have been one of the nation's hot spots. When I was a kid you pretty much had to snake through bout 1/2 the lake as it had so much standing timber in it. Much of that broke off below the water line by the late 70's but you know those logs are down there. I have been told that there are no less than 3 springs that feed the lake. If that is true or not, I cannot say but something caused those fish to grow like that.

Is Tycoon still a huge bluegill producer? Although I was never fishing for them I have saw guys take out baskets of huge bluegills back in the 80's

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IT'S PROBABLY BEEN THAT LONG AGO, SINCE I FISHED THERE, BUT WE DID CATCH BIG PANFISH. AND SOME QUALITY BASS.

BOONEDAWG, I FISHED LAKE FORREST A FEW TIMES. THATS WHERE I CAUGHT MY FIRST TROUT AT. :122245

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HAS ANYBODY FISHED TIMBER RIDGE LATELY. --------- IF SO , ANY GOOD. :122248

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”