PRP

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: PRP

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

They will prob start in April. I havent seen Bob down there for a couple years, but I dont go every week.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Bob was dominating..UNTILL the Conleys started running down here :mrgreen:

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Are they racing boats there this weekend???????????????????

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yes, but trolling motors only

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yeah, I remember when he was on a run,,no one could hang close to him..made for some good racing when they got to lap traffic though.....Ive seen some dandy races at that little track

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I dont remember the dates,or how many, you are close though...he just seemd so much faster then everyone else..actualy rumor is, after he won all tghem races is what started drawing some of the bigger names in,,like Boggs,Conley, and even Charlie Swartz ran a couple of times,,,everyone wanted to beat the man that was the man at the time :lol:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Looks like there scheduled to open May the 10th. Here the link to there site. Go to the link that says drivers link and click on each car to see there site.

http://www.portsraceway.com/

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I know when the track first opened, the Conleys was running at K C a lot,,R.J. , would run Portsmouth more them Delmas and Rod.

then Rod ran with the stars for a while......I just know it was some great racing back then,,,I was at the track every night they run...I did not stop going , untill I went to the Million Doallr race at El Dora,, after that all of the races I went to just didnt interest me 8)

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

The mighty ELDORA got me to, after a race there and you see how they run a show its hard to go anywhere else.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

I invite all of you to one of the best races of the year at PRP, The 14th Annual Fred Dillow Memorial held aroung the third weekend in Aug. Some of the best racing you will see, regular admission prices, and honoring a wonderful man. My late father.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

We go to that race every year Racenut, We dont miss any races at PRP that are bigger than normal races and we do go to some of the reg show also.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I have seen your DAD race many races at the old Southern Ohio Raceway. I miss them days all the time.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

To have a race in Honor of Fred Dillow is the best respect anyone could ever do. This man was one of the cleanest racecar drivers around. I watched him race ever since I was 16 years old. It also shows respect to his wife and children because they are one great family.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

Thanks for the kind words about my dad and our family. If anyone comes to the race in Augus,t I would love to meet you. Make sure you find me, usually I am in the pits selling memorial shirts or up in the tower in turn 1 with my family, then after the features start I am close to the flagmans stand to give out the trophies. We have met many people who watched dad race at Southern Ohio, K-C Raceway(Atomic Speedway), and other tracks. They always have interesting stories to tell us about how dad helped them or what a good man he was. It is always great to meet new people.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

we will be sure to find you and meet you at this race

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

if you are a dirt track fan,,you HAVE to mek it to one of the big ones at Eldora...its unbelievable racing....the crowds they get are amazing..peope of all kinds...

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Yes but make a weekend of it. You can camp all around the track, and have a good time.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

I agree, there is nothing like the Eldora experience. You either love it or hate it. I have been going to The World 100 since 1978, missed my first one this year because my son had is first college football game. Will be able to go back this year and I can't wait.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

If you have never been to Eldora, you should go at least one time to enjoy the experience of what big time racing on dirt is all about. When they come off the turns 4-5 wide it is just unbelievable. It's dirt track racing at its best, just go one time and see for yourself. I have been going there since 1975 and can still relive the memories.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

This post should be after hammerdone's when he asked about Prelude to The Dream.. the time is off alot today.

No, I don't go to that, but my brother takes his 5 year old little boy. They say it is awesome. I haven't been to the Dream in a few years.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”