Turkeys

BigOrangeOne
S

Turkeys

Post by BigOrangeOne »

I heard a bunch of turkeys go to roost on the hill across from my house this evening. I'm going to be up there at 1st light in the morning and see if I can get some buckshot into a couple of them.

Bassmaster
S

Re: Turkeys

Post by Bassmaster »

I think I'll wait until Monday the 21st. ;-)

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Bassmaster wrote:I think I'll wait until Monday the 21st. ;-)

Around here you have to get out early to beat the poachers. :shock:

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

BigOrangeOne wrote:

:lol:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

BigOrangeOne wrote:

So how do you tell who the poachers are and those who are trying to beat the ppachers :?: :122245

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Does turkey season come in the 21st? Boo seen a guy at Tycoon putting a turkey in a car, im not sure if it was dead or alive. Boo said look at the guys hes got a turkey and he is putting it in his car. I couldnt see it because we were leaving out of there and I didnt ask if it was dead or alive. :aaaaa46

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

The season comes in Monday the 21st.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Bassmaster wrote:So how do you tell who the poachers are and those who are trying to beat the ppachers :?: :122245

:? Thats a good Question :lol:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:
Bassmaster wrote:So how do you tell who the poachers are and those who are trying to beat the ppachers :?: :122245

:? Thats a good Question :lol:

If they are out there before me, they're poachers !! :evil:

Actually, I couldn't hear a turkey gobble if it were sitting on my front porch. I just thought it was time somebody brought the subject up. It's getting close. :-D

Hammerdown,
No, there's not really that many right around where I live.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

set next to 2 tables of professional turkey hunters at the texas roadhouse this weekend, i got all their autograghs, and they offered to send some dvd's. various guys from different outdoor shows that are on tv. had a great time with them. they were dressed like they were nearly ready for the hunt. AND DID NOT LOOK OUT OF PLACE. :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 . I SAID WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GO TO A TEXAS ROAD HOUSE, DRESS LIKE YOUR LEAVING TO HIT THE WOODS, AND FIT RIGHT IN, IN A FANCY RESTURAUNT. . :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

What were some of their names and what Texas Road House was it :?:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'll get the paper out of the car tommorrow. but they are mostly with OUTDOOR INSIGHTS TELEVISION. and it was in ashland,ky.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I WENT OUT TO GET IT. THERE WEBSITE IS :
outdoorinsightstelevision.com

some of the ones i met were, guy hosluter, rich harr, robbie gilbert and nate cline. there were about 10 others, but i did not get theres.

THEY ALSO REPRESENT------game calls by pioneer quest. they were great guys, i plan to stay in touch.

the address is. OUTDOOR INSIGHTS TELEVISION
---------------104 OPAL BLVD.
---------------- STUEBENVILLE, OHIO-43952

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

You had dinner with Turkey hunters and didnt get shot? Gee!! How did you manage that YTB?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I TOLD LOTS OF JOKES TO THEM./ :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 :aaaaa47 MAN YOU SHOULD SEE SOME OF THEIR VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE.

CHECK OUT BIG BUCK KILLER NATE CLINE. :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Wow !! Those poachers better think before they shoot now.

Poachers face tougher penalites in Ohio
COLUMBUS, Ohio - New formula calculates values that incorporate population status, aesthetics and other factors.
Legislation raising the restitution value of wildlife taken illegally took effect today, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife.

"The new standard reflects the present-day value of Ohio's wildlife," said Jim Lehman, law enforcement administrator for the Division of Wildlife. "The monetary value of most of our wildlife can range anywhere from $20 to nearly $2,500, depending on criteria and weighting factors. Trophy deer are an exception; their value can range much higher."

The new restitution schedule stems from legislation (HB238) passed by the Ohio General Assembly last year. House Bill 238 revised provisions governing the restitution value of wild animals that are unlawfully held, taken, bought, sold or possessed. It is the first revision since 1994 and establishes a formula that reflects the current status and scarcity of various species.

Seven categories of value make up the new scoring criteria: recreational, aesthetic, educational, state-list designation, economics, recruitment, and population dynamics. The new restitution values of wild animals taken illegally will result from the total score for each of the seven criteria. The criteria total is then multiplied by the weighting factor of species population status. An animal that is considered abundant has a lower weighting factor than does an endangered species.

Here are some examples comparing updated versus previous restitution values:

Species - new value (old value): trumpeter swan - $2,500 ($1,000); Eastern massasauga rattlesnake - $2,500 ($1,000); wild turkey - $500 ($300); white-tailed deer/antlerless - $250 ($400); white-tailed deer/antlered - $500 ($400); walleye - $50 ($10); largemouth bass - $50 ($10); and steelhead - $50 ($10).

The legislation also addressed increased values for "trophy" white-tailed deer. An additional progressive formula will be applied to bucks with a gross score more than 125 inches on the Boone and Crocket (B&C) scale. Antlered deer scoring under 125 B&C would be valued at $500. Poached deer scoring 125 B&C would have a restitution value of $1,531.25; 150 B&C would result in $4,625 restitution value; and a 170 B&C would call for a $8,585 restitution value.

Former State Representative Bob Latta and State Representative Jimmy Stewart sponsored the new legislation. Governor Ted Strickland signed it into law on December 3.

For more information, call 1-800-WILDLIFE (945-3543) or visit the ODNR website through the link below.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Thats good but it wont help much. The ones who do it think there above the law, and think they wont get caught. What we need is more Wardens to enforce it, then they might make a Difference.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

how about them checking in people's lives wells for a change? again, I know if I was to kill someone, the safest place to hide their bods would be to chop it up and put it in the livewells.

Bass get slaughtered in the spring of the year by minner fishermen and many keep every single one. I watched a show once from the Kentucky Fish & Wildlife and it said that it takes 4 years for a bass to reach 12 inches in this part of the country. That takes a while to replenish that as it only takes 1 year for a bass to reach that same size in Florida

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

kantuckyII wrote:how about them checking in people's lives wells for a change? again, I know if I was to kill someone, the safest place to hide their bods would be to chop it up and put it in the livewells.

Bass get slaughtered in the spring of the year by minner fishermen and many keep every single one. I watched a show once from the Kentucky Fish & Wildlife and it said that it takes 4 years for a bass to reach 12 inches in this part of the country. That takes a while to replenish that as it only takes 1 year for a bass to reach that same size in Florida

I wonder if it is legal for them to look in your live well.... especially without probable cause? They can't just randomly look in the trunk of your car can they?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

So you think they need to call a judge and get a search warrant first?

you probably know when your livewell is going to be searched because suddenly, a concussion grenade goes off in your boat and then you see a half-dozen game wardens dressed in black pants and shirts that are two sizes too small with 'Fish Swat' across their backs swarming you

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”