Who is you all time Favorite Late model driver???

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Who is you all time Favorite Late model driver???

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Late model driver. Mine is and will always be CHARLIE SWARTZ.

http://www.dirtfans.com/CharlieSwartz.html

Check that link out, it will bring back some memorys. Im almost sure thats my brother in the second pic the fuzzy headed guy walking from right to left.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Who is you all time Favorite Late model driver???

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I tried that Pennsboro one and it started down loading real slow so I stoped again.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

My all time favorite late modle driver is the late Fred Dillow.

http://www.dirtfans.com/FredDillow.html

Visit the website http://www.freddillowmemorial.homestead.com
The 14th Annual Fred Dillow Memorial will be held August 16, 2008 at Portsmouth Raceway Park. I invite any race fan to attend it is one of the best races of the season. Has anyone on here ever attended this race?

If you have a favorite drive go to www.dirtfans.com the click on Racing 101 there is a list of driver hope you can find your favorite one on this site.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

racenut70
My all time favorite late modle driver is the late Fred Dillow.

He was also one of my Favorites. I go to the race at Portsmouth every year. Ill say hello to you this year when I see you at PRP.

Heres a story I googled. It talks about Fred and his family. Also how he always raced you clean. Real nice story.

http://www.geocities.com/ohiodirtlatemo ... news7.html

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

Thanks for posting that story, I had forgotten about it. If anyone attends the race this year please stop a member of my family and asked where I am. I love meeting new people especially race fans, if you have any pictures of my dad at the tracks, I would like to have copies, I will pay you for them. My mom's house burnt last year and she lost everything. I am going to make her a scrap book for Christmas and need as many pics or articles that I can find. You can pm or email me and let me know what you have. Thanks in advance.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Does anyone Like watching the Conleys heres there race Schedule, Looks like they will be racing at The Fred Dillow Memorial.

http://www.conleymotorsportsinc.com/rjtour.html

Rj and Audi Swartz are two of my Favorites to watch now days. Also Jackie Boggs.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

I know the first 5 memorial races were held at Southern Ohio Raceway, then they closed down and we asked PRP to start holding the race. I will let you know for sure. I will check it out.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

In the 70's and 80's I was anti Conley, any Swartz fan was. Now days I dont go as much, just the bigger shows at Portsmouth and Eldora sometimes. So I root for the local boys.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

You are right. Eldora has ruined racing for me, after watching a race there, and how they run the show its amazing. Biggdowg and I left Portsmouth at 1pm one saturday got to Eldora just for the first heat race it was about 6 or 7 watched 6 heat races and a feature and on our way back home by 1030 the feature was 100 laps. I was at the first DTWC at Pennsboro and I was there a few other times. Do you remember when Tanya Tucker sing there at intermission?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

http://www.kc-raceway.com/Yesterdays%20Heroes%208.html

Check out the pic on this link some names I forgot about on there. All kinds of old pic. Charlie Swartz first sprint car win is on there. Just click on the yellow boxes at the top each one has a bunch of old pic. I seen Dan Aldrige and P.D. Hazalbaker and many others on there. Cahlies dad Audie is on there also. I also seen the 8 ball car driven by Davis. Didnt Charlie drive a 8 ball car at one time? Im pretty sure he did.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

Yes, Charlie drove 8 Ball, a white chevelle at Champion Speedway in the late 1960's. Hammerdown, have you ever meet any of the Conley's? When my dad first started racing I was a Swartz fan and didn't like Delmas. My dad asked me, "How can you know if you like someone until you have met them?" He introduced me to Delmas and he is one of the nicest people. I have been a fan of his since that time. He has done a lot for my family and racing.
But if everyone liked the same driver then it wouldn't be fun. But once you have invested money in a car, you don't like to see anyone torn up. I have a hard time seeing race fans cheering when someone wrecks or tears up their car. To me they are not true race fans. Yes, you can be glad they are out of the race but to stand up and cheer and carry on doesn't make since to me.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I agree I met RJ Conley 2 years ago when he was fishing our Club bass tournys thats when I started rooting for him. He was a real nice guy. Also back in the day if you was a Swartz fan you hated Delmas and vice versa.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

racenut70 wrote:Thanks for posting that story, I had forgotten about it. If anyone attends the race this year please stop a member of my family and asked where I am. I love meeting new people especially race fans, if you have any pictures of my dad at the tracks, I would like to have copies, I will pay you for them. My mom's house burnt last year and she lost everything. I am going to make her a scrap book for Christmas and need as many pics or articles that I can find. You can pm or email me and let me know what you have. Thanks in advance.

OZZIEOHIO, may be able to find some things for you,,,I know for a fact, his brother "who dies of cancer at the age of 38 a couple years ago" was one of the biggest Fred Dillow fans around.

he NEVER missed a race at PRP,and even when Souther was open, he would ride his bike from Portsmouth out to the track and home,when a ride was not available:must times he did get a ride" but if not,he would not miss.

I have sit along side him at many races,and heard him talk of Fred Dillow.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

P.S.

I know ozz maY NOT WANT TO PART WITH THESE THINGS, BUT MAYBE HE COULD MAKE COPIES OF THE PICTURES.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

If I can find out who got his pictures ill look thru them. That may be a hard thing to do.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Check out this first pic Racenut.

http://www.swartzracecars.com/pictures.html

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

That is me on the left and my sister on the right. I appreciate all the kind words and information that you are passing along for me.

If you know of anyone that would like to sponsor the race have them contact me by email or pm. We begin getting sponsors and collecting money until Aug. 10 or so. Your business will go on the back of the Fred Dillow Memorial Shirts and we usually sale about 12 doz or so. We ask for $100 to get your name on the shirt, plus your business is announced for a few weeks on the local radio, at PRP, and a couple of racing papers.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

If you know of anyone that would like to sponsor the race have them contact me by email or pm. We begin getting sponsors and collecting money until Aug. 10 or so. Your business will go on the back of the Fred Dillow Memorial Shirts and we usually sale about 12 doz or so. We ask for $100 to get your name on the shirt, plus your business is announced for a few weeks on the local radio, at PRP, and a couple of racing papers.

Thats a good deal, I can prob get you one or two for that. Ill let you know.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

I would have to say it's Bud Frazier. After 40 or more years he is still racing.Delmas is also a long time veteran and still driving.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I THOUGHT YOU WAS TALKING ABOUT GOLF DRIVERS. SURE HAD A GREAT SET OF CROOKSHANK'S MANY MOON'S BACK. :aaaaa21

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”