SEOPS HO

Re: Has anyone got a Deer yet?

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats to your brother, nice Buck.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

My cousin came up last week from North Carolina and harvested this 8 Point last Wednesday, the day before he was to head back to North Carolina. The buck came up by my stand and started to go around the hill away from where I knew my cousin was at, I grunted at him and he stopped and looked my way. Instead of continuing around the hill he walked straight up the hill about 300 yards to within 20 yards of my cousin giving him a good shot. He was a good sized body deer. This is the first time he's deer hunted since 91 when we use to hunt togather. He said he will be back next year lol.

Picture of him in velvet.

Out of velvet:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

hammerdown wrote:nice buck,you should have charged him a little for all the corn you have bought. :lol: :lol:

That's allright I have the meat in my freezer lol. I can taste it now, good old corn fed venison on the grill.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Seen a video (after the fact) of 2 huge bucks that were killed this morning 11/13/08. They got their racks locked up while fighting. Both Bucks were checked in and tagged. They were killed out at Pedro, OH. I tried to freeze frame the video and take a picture, turned out ok. Here's a couple of them:

Hope some better photos come out.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

In still trying.

dexter45
Waterboy

Post by dexter45 »

Dude that is one massive buck. Where did you shoot that thing at? :122246 :122246

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

My brother who is in the pictures above took his daughter out hunting for the first time...she has been out with him, but this was her first time getting to hunt herself!! She wouldn't let her Daddy help, so he just talked her through it....after she shot it she grabbed his cell phone, and was calling her mommy and Grandmas!!! I know that we are all proud of her! Oh yea, it was a 5 pointer.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congrats to her, that's awesome.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Nice Buck.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

My brother said that when he took her to have it tagged, she was so full of herself telling anyone, who would listen, how she shot her deer, and then a guy came up to my brother and said, "you shot that deer didn't you?" My brother said NO, she did.....I mean, this little girl would have just spoke up and told you if her daddy had shot the deer!!! This little 2nd grader shot the deer, and will be telling anyone who wants to hear, that she shot a buck!!! I can't wait until I see her Thursday, I bet she will tell that story over and over again!

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

hammerdown wrote:nice buck,you should have charged him a little for all the corn you have bought. :lol: :lol:

I don't think deer carry much money on them when just wandering through the woods. :roll: :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Philly wrote:My brother said that when he took her to have it tagged, she was so full of herself telling anyone, who would listen, how she shot her deer, and then a guy came up to my brother and said, "you shot that deer didn't you?" My brother said NO, she did.....I mean, this little girl would have just spoke up and told you if her daddy had shot the deer!!! This little 2nd grader shot the deer, and will be telling anyone who wants to hear, that she shot a buck!!! I can't wait until I see her Thursday, I bet she will tell that story over and over again!

you can tell by the look on that little ones face, SHE shot that deer. 8)

tell her we all said,,,great job,,,,,,,and we all love deer meat :122246

falcon_2010
Waterboy

Post by falcon_2010 »

killed an 130 pound doe......and missed about 160in 10 point from 46 yards with my bow i brushed a couple hairs off tho lol

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i had a doe the size of a small goat run right up to me this morning. got about 15 feet from me then ran the other way. i was hoping something else would follow it up the hill twords me but nothing else ever came :P

oh yeah, OZZIE....
how do you like that grill you got from walmart????
how have you been???

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I have been ok, We love the new grill. How you been P? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

falcon_2010 wrote:killed an 130 pound doe......and missed about 160in 10 point from 46 yards with my bow i brushed a couple hairs off tho lol

I have been hunting a long time. And I have never been able to judge a buck. I always hear people say a 130 class, 140 class, 12 point, etc.... When I see a buck I have two judgments. That is a small buck or that is a big @## Buck!!!

I once had a guy tell me he shot at a 12 point non typical that would have grossed 170 running full speed 50-60 yards away. What? Can someone please tell me how they are able to see this.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i have been good. work is keeping me from hunting as much as i want this week, but this weekend i will have all morning and afternoon to hunt before i go to work in the evening

if worse comes to worse, i will shoot bambi just to get some deer meat this year, i just dont have time to wait for the big one
my brother in law got 2 bears in west virginia last week, so we will be full on bear meat for a few weeks. he got just over 300lbs of meat from the 2 of them

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I have never had Bear meat.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I have a feeling you already know.

I missed one doe. I hit a doe but could not find it after tracking it for a hour.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

My son sure did all the way home. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”