KC RACEWAY?

Post by on a mission »

Anyone going to the races this weekend?

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Re: KC RACEWAY?

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

6-7 OF US GOING FROM BLUE DEVIL COUNTRY
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE A DRIVER ENTRY LIST IS POSTED??

Layne99L
Freshman Team

Post by Layne99L »

It was a great weekend. They had 106 Late Models and 111 Modifieds. The place was packed. If the seating capacity numbers I have read were correct, there were between 7,000-7,500 people in attendance on the Saturday portion. Anyways, the track was pretty good. It was smooth for all three nights. The track was dry/slick, but never took rubber and got to the "lock down" stage.

Muscatine, Iowa driver Brian Birkhofer won the $50,000 DTWC. 2008 World 100 winner Shane Clanton finished second with Steve Francis third. Local drivers Josh McGuire, Ben Adkins, Eddie Carrier Jr., and R. J. Conley made the feature event. Carrier made the feature by winning the Jim Dunn Memorial Non-Qualifiers race and got the choice of turning down the $2,500 winners share to start the DTWC feature, which paid $2,000 to start. In the Modifieds, Kentucky driver Jason Wheatley took the win. Local driver Rick Hensley out of Oak Hill, Ohio led most of the 30 lap feature, but had to settle for second in the $3,000 to win event.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

hammerdown wrote:i would have like to seen McGuire got the win.

Mcguire is the real deal.....is going to be a star!!!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

hammerdown wrote:i hope he can land a good sponsor he needs a few good engines. he has come a long way since his bomber days for sure.

Why in the world does'nt Miller Bros. step up and give the local guy some money.......They sponsor everyone in the state of Kentucky(it seems like anyway)and aside from Francis and maybe Jackie Boggs(have'nt decided if Josh is better yet :lol: )he is the best driver from that state.I know Jackie blew a motor at Eldora a couple years ago and the next morning Bob Miller had a brand new Pro Power motor setting in the 4B car..........That's the kind of sponsor Josh needs.I really expect someone to step up this year and help him though with the season he had last year.He definitely deserves it.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”