Black Powder Season Being Moved

1974Viking
Varsity

Black Powder Season Being Moved

Post by 1974Viking »

The State of Ohio is having Public Hearings in the very near future, to discuss moving Black Powder Season, 2 weeks into January 2010. Some of the ODNR people I talked to about the reason behind this move, told me that they hoped more hunter's would hunt more if it wasn't right after Christmas like it has been. Just wanting every-one's input on this proposed change. I will post the hearing dates tomorrow, I left them at my office.Thanks 74 Viking

Strikeout
Riding the Bench

Re: Black Powder Season Being Moved

Post by Strikeout »

Sounds like a bad idea to me. The only thing this is going to do is get more Bucks killed for people shooting them as does because they have already dropped there horns.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Strikeout wrote:Sounds like a bad idea to me. The only thing this is going to do is get more Bucks killed for people shooting them as does because they have already dropped there horns.

I think I agree with that. There will be a lot of trophy bucks killed that don't even have horns.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Proposed Dates for Black Powder Jan 9th to 12th 2010. You can go to www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife to view all the proposed Hunting Changes.
I agree I do not like the changes the State is proposing.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

First of all, I don't agree. I like the time over Christmas.

I personally would like to see the extra weekend of gun season moved to January instead of blackpowder. Sort of a last chance weekend.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
Strikeout wrote:Sounds like a bad idea to me. The only thing this is going to do is get more Bucks killed for people shooting them as does because they have already dropped there horns.

I think I agree with that. There will be a lot of trophy bucks killed that don't even have horns.

I agree with you guys, a really bad idea, I think the dates are fine the way they are now.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

If it's not broken don't try to fix it. I'd say make it in November during the rut if I was going to insist on moving the dates. :idea:

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Let your voices be heard. Email them or write to the ODNR. Let them know they are making a mistake.

wildinfo@dnr.state.oh.us

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I heard on the news but didnt catch it all but they said something about no limit on does next year. Did anyone hear what all thay said?

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I am opposed to the change. Too many bucks have dropped their horns in January and I know guys that have shot does in Jan that were carrying fawns....don't want that personally.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I also heard, there will be no more checking stations. You will have to call in your deer and they will give you a number for that deer. Does anyone have any info on this? I think I heard it will not be this year but 2010-2011.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Regulator wrote:I also heard, there will be no more checking stations. You will have to call in your deer and they will give you a number for that deer. Does anyone have any info on this? I think I heard it will not be this year but 2010-2011.

That would leave the door open for people to fudge a little on what they killed. :idea:

m_martin
Riding the Bench

Post by m_martin »

i also disagree, too many people would kill a nice doe :-D i agree if it is moved, then move it to rut, the only way to prevent it is if it doesn't have horns then dont shoot

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”