Is ANYBODY catching any bass?

BigOrangeOne
S

Is ANYBODY catching any bass?

Post by BigOrangeOne »

The last three times I have been out I have caught ONE bass total. I talked to a guy at a lake boat ramp yesterday and he had been fishing from 6:30 AM until 2:30 PM and he hadn't caught a one and he wasn't a flunky. He had ALL the gear and knowledge of a better bass fisherman... and had been fishing that lake for 30 years since he was a kid.
I even talked to 8 crappie fishermen there and they had a total of ONE crappie amongst them.
What's going on ????????????

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Re: Is ANYBODY catching any bass?

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

well I caught 5 bass out of my pond the other day on just a blue and white rooster tail by blue fox, and went to a different pond right after that with my girlfriend and my dad and I couldnt catch anything on that same rooster tail. So I put on earthworms to catch some blue gill and I caught one and put it on a hook to catch a bass with it. Then I went to the part of the pond where I knew there would be one that would bite on it and I casted it in, and with in seconds of hitting the water I had a 2 pounder on the hook... I know that wouldnt be much of a bass to many people or to me at any other time but after not catching anthing over 8 ounces this year so far I was glad with what I caught :-D So I ended up with 5 blue gill, my gf had 5 blue gill and my dad was shut out with out anything haha :lol: :lol: :lol:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I caught 24 at lake hope last sunday and 6 last night at lake Jackson. I only fish 2 hours last night.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I have no idea where lake hope is but 24 at this time of the year is pretty good!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

out at a lake that i cant speak of me and 3 friends camped this past thursday night and over a 2 day span we all caught about 50 combined....they hit on chompers, spoons, and rooster tails mostly...colors that were working were grey, light blue, white, and red

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I caught 3 tonight at lake Rupert. I thought they would be biting better.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I caught 24 at lake hope last sunday and 6 last night at lake Jackson. I only fish 2 hours last night.

Run out of dynamite??

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Did you have the large mouth, two legged variety, with you?

No, Since he threw dynomite in the water and scared me half to death, we dont let him fish. :122246 :122246 He could have at least warned me. :mad: :mad:
He said he learned to fish that way when he was running with you.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I caught 5 last night on lake V in back of Ironton. One was over three pounds.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i'm gonna go to the greenup dam tomorrow....supposed to be nice out

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

BOO and I fished all afternoon, and not a bite. At about dark we were about to quit and I caught two bass within a min of each other. I really thought they would be biting today

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i didnt catch anything at the greenup dam either. but after i left i did make a trip to the tackle box in ironton to load up on spoons

tony181stewart
Riding the Bench

Post by tony181stewart »

It should be a great weekend to go with today being in the 80s and saturday being close to 90

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

SWbaseballFan wrote:i didnt catch anything at the greenup dam either. but after i left i did make a trip to the tackle box in ironton to load up on spoons

Hold on, where did you stand at? up on the hill? man, that water still has to be mighty high and muddy. I'd LOVE to see us have one good April again. I don't think we'll ever seen another one!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

kantuckyII wrote:
SWbaseballFan wrote:i didnt catch anything at the greenup dam either. but after i left i did make a trip to the tackle box in ironton to load up on spoons

Hold on, where did you stand at? up on the hill? man, that water still has to be mighty high and muddy. I'd LOVE to see us have one good April again. I don't think we'll ever seen another one!

the concrete slab was under water, but we were able to walk down the rocks and cast out. the water was extremely ruff and we didnt stay long. it was pretty much just an excuse to fish for a while. i am wondering if the water is down yet, havent been out there to check it out. i plan on going back monday

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

at the greenup dam people were pulling in huge stripers like crazy today....rumor has it from a few of the greenup dam vets that this is prime time to catch huge channel cats, for the next 2-3 weeks

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I caught 9 or 10 last night at Jackson lake, my son from Germany caught 5 bass and my son the bass pro caught 1.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

did the bass pro tell you to go to k-mart to get the bait you are looking for? i told him to pass along the message to you

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

No, what is it??

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

chompers.....they have them at the little bait shop on 140 between scioto furnace and ashley corner too...just went there today for the first time and seen them.....also caught 7 bass today in 2 hours at one of the places we cant speak of

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”