State Record Blue Cat

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: State Record Blue Cat

Post by kantuckyII »

I caught a really nice blue cat on a Rapala at the mouth of Storm's Creek about 10 years ago but it sure wasn't nothing like that guy! I don't even recall catching blue cat fish around here as a kid. Are they kinda new to this area? I mean, I know many years ago they were here but were they missing for a while?

oh..mine was probably only around 14 lbs or so but man, it slammed that plug now!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

that thing is huge

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Thats a Really nice fish , I bet it was a hell of a fight, I caught one that weighed 23lbs. and it faught like crazy ..

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yes, i saw that in a fishin magazine.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

someone told me that this is the first year for state records for blue cat....is there any truth to that? the same guy who told me that said he caught one a few years back the was as long as he is tall and weighed 70+ pounds....is this dude just jealouse or is it true this is the first year for the record?

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

SWbaseballFan wrote:someone told me that this is the first year for state records for blue cat....is there any truth to that? the same guy who told me that said he caught one a few years back the was as long as he is tall and weighed 70+ pounds....is this dude just jealouse or is it true this is the first year for the record?

The first year that a record for blue cats was 2008. The state record fish that was caught last year was "only" a 57 pounder.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”