85 horse evenrude

dilligaf
S

85 horse evenrude

Post by dilligaf »

hello i have a boat motor that that just woulnt run it will try to run it gets good spark, fuel to both carbs.but i dont think it is getting gas to the left side plugs any help would be great

thanks

Speedofsand
Varsity

Re: 85 horse evenrude

Post by Speedofsand »

It is easy to register here, http://www.iboats.com/ they have great forums to get all the best answers for your question. Hope that helps.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Speedofsand wrote:It is easy to register here, http://www.iboats.com/ they have great forums to get all the best answers for your question. Hope that helps.

Thank you

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I owned a 78 model 85 HP Johnson from 84 up until a few months ago. I had to replace the power pack when I first got it because it would not start sometimes. If you are getting "good spark" that is probably not the problem but I wouldn't rule it out. The new owner just told me that he had to replace it again so it is a common problem with these engines. The carbs are really sensitive on these and I always unhooked the fuel line when done using the motor and let it run till it ran out of fuel to keep the carbs from gumming up. Stabil also helps if you want to spend the money. I would start with a fresh set of new spark plugs and go from there.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

What kind of gas tank do you have??

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

It is a 17 gallon plastic square looks like a box.i took it out and drained it and rinse it out with gas.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”