Dale Hollow Lake, Tennessee

burgdude12
Waterboy

Dale Hollow Lake, Tennessee

Post by burgdude12 »

I'm Planning on taking a trip over this upcoming summer to dale hollow.I'v never been, please post any information, personal experiences, opinions and any other suggestions on other lakes farely close to ohio
Last edited by burgdude12 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Enforcer
SEO

Re: Dale Hollow Lake, Tennessee

Post by The Enforcer »

Hey check out www.ohiogamefishing.com you can get better info there on your trip, I know alot of the guys there go there alot.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Maybe KYII will have some info

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Might want to try this site. Free registration and loads of information.

http://www.dalehollowfishing.com/

burgdude12
Waterboy

Post by burgdude12 »

.........any other suggestions

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Summer to Dale Hollow? to do night fishing? It's a VERY CLEAR Lake and night fishing is probably the only thing you're going to do successfully on the lake in the summer. Dale Hollow is tough fishing any time of the year though. Many also call spring fishing there in late Feb or early March for smallmouth. I've been there in late March and up to early May. I like the area towards Trooper Island, there are two different rivers you can run up there

I've done well on the lake tossing crankbaits in the spring (Wiggle Warts are good on the lake, crayfish colored and green crayfish) right up on the bank and slow digging them into the bottom. I would dig them in...barely turning the reel handle, then, when'd they'd hit the bottom pause for a couple seconds and dig 'em right back again all the way to the boat like that. I would not set the hook until I felt a fish either shake it's head or move off with it. Also, Carolina Rigging Lizards on the flats there. Of course, jigs are good anyway. Also, I like a steep running crank bait like Hot Lips to toss up against bluff walls

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

You may want to consider Lake Guntersville in Alabama. Regarded by many as a top 5 largemouth lake in the US, I can personally tell you that it is probably the best fishing within a 7 hr drive.

I spent 4 days there last week, the fishing was really good. I am talking about boating 80-100 largemouths per day, with the "dinks" being between 1-2lbs and many that you catch close to 3lb.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

I had a friend that went to Guntersville week before last and he said the weather was terrible. Four guys in two boats caught a total of 11 bass in 4 days. Sounds like you hit it just right. :)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BigOrangeOne wrote:I had a friend that went to Guntersville week before last and he said the weather was terrible. Four guys in two boats caught a total of 11 bass in 4 days. Sounds like you hit it just right. :)

I would think that this week would be even better based on what the fish were doing last week! :)

lebronjames
Waterboy

Post by lebronjames »

what do you guys think about cave run this week? or in generall...........

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Haven't fished Cave Run much but I do know it's .9 foot above summer pool and falling. This heat coming is going to be brutal. Mid-90's for about 4 days this weekend

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i loved lake guntersville we were there first week of june last year, and the topwater bite was awesome, frogs, prop baits, buzzbaits, spinerbaits, and hollow bellied plastic swimbaits got ate.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I think Guntersville is an awesome lake. Perhaps the best I've ever been on period. I am really going to spend more time on Kentucky Lake though. However, it's a pain to find launch ramps and such on Kentucky Lake. Guntersville has awesome ramps and they're numerous

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

yes kentucky lake definately has some poor quality docks. there are a few nice ones there on malcolm creek, thats where we stayed in a cabin at, several years ago.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Kentucky Lake, Barkley and Cumberland are terrible to find a place to launch at. Again, Guntersville is unreal

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

kantuckyII wrote:Kentucky Lake, Barkley and Cumberland are terrible to find a place to launch at. Again, Guntersville is unreal

Make sure that you stay within the bouy system at Guntersville. It is one of the most dangerous lakes in the country.

Great fishing though!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I've never encountered any probably there..cept maybe up the creeks pretty far.

Now Barkley? there's a place you'd sure better watch!

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”