Carrotstix?

bassbuster0101
Waterboy

Carrotstix?

Post by bassbuster0101 »

Ive heard alot of hype about the e21 carrot stix, also ive heard that they are junk. Im looking at purchasing new rods and im considering these, any help?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Carrotstix?

Post by Bleeding Red »

I fish with them and I love mine. Check with Tackle Box....they were in Ironton, but they moved to South Point. Their new number is 740-377-3474.

I got my Carrot Stix for $129 each....way cheaper than Bass Pro or anywhere else.

You wont be disappointed.

bassbuster0101
Waterboy

Post by bassbuster0101 »

yea thats where i am going to get mine. What models of them do you use for different types of fishing?

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Ozzy told me he has had 2 of those for a couple of years and so far he has caught 643 rabbits on them. :roll:

Seriously, I have never owned or used one of those ( the $29.95 is more my style ) but I have seen several pros using them so I'd say they are good stuff. Good luck with yours and hope to see some hawg pictures before long.

bassbuster0101
Waterboy

Post by bassbuster0101 »

yea ive seen lots of pros using them, but ive also seen lots of pros quit using them. Boyd Duckett for example quit using them and so did pete ponds. Those are two great anglers so im not for sure on these rods yet, thanks for the help. :-D

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Good point BB. Often the pros just use rods, reels, lures, boats, etc. because of the sponsorship and $$$$$.... then find the product isn't all that good. Some continue to use them (or pretend they do) just because they are free to them and the $$$. The more conscientious ones drop the crappy stuff as soon as they discover it.

I would try to borrow one from somebody and try it out for a day before I would put that kind of bucks into one..... but that's just me. Good luck.

bassbuster0101
Waterboy

Post by bassbuster0101 »

Yea I'm probably just going to invest in some all star rods..

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

bassbuster0101 wrote:Yea I'm probably just going to invest in some all star rods..

All Star rods are great too....so are G Loomis and St Croix. It is all about what you like and how much $ you want to spend.

G Loomis are the best IMO. If you ever have problems, they replace it, No Questions Asked. But you are talking about $300+ on 1 rod!

But I really like my Carrot sticks so far.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Bleeding Red wrote:
G Loomis are the best IMO. If you ever have problems, they replace it, No Questions Asked. But you are talking about $300+ on 1 rod!

But I really like my Carrot sticks so far.

$300+ ??? I could replace mine about 6-8 times for that!! I guess they could AFFORD to replace a few, huh? :lol:

BTW, BassBuster, I wasn't at all trying to talk you out of buying a carrotstyx, I was just pointing out that the highest $$$ isn't always the best and you may want to investigate further.
BleedingRed seems happy with his so there is a positive recommendation for you.

bassbuster0101
Waterboy

Post by bassbuster0101 »

Bleeding red...what types of carrotstix do you have and what type of fishing do u use them for?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I used to buy the high price rods but cant afford to anymore. 3 years ago i bought The Bass Pro models. There on sale at the Cincy store right now for 24.99. There as good as any allstar or st croix I have owned. Get you a 70' mh and try it out. Make sure its a 1 piece rod

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... e&x=22&y=8

bassbuster0101
Waterboy

Post by bassbuster0101 »

Thanks ozzie, but i already have 3 of those graphite series rods. They are very good for the price but i normally only get about 6 months out of mine, i snapped 2 last year on hook sets, im looking to buy some higher dollar rods that will last me a good bit of fishing. I have narrowed down to carrotstix, st. croix mojo bass, and all star pro series rods. Thanks for the help guys i appreciate it.

sportsmr
Freshman Team

Post by sportsmr »

I fish with Allstar rods and have had very good luck with them.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I always use everyone elses rods when I go fishing, sesm to work for me :mrgreen:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

bassbuster0101 wrote:Bleeding red...what types of carrotstix do you have and what type of fishing do u use them for?

All of mine are casting rods, med-medhvy, I use them on everything from sauger to smallies.

I was thinking about getting another one to use at the river this summer when we hammer catfish at the dam from the boat, but I may just sink $40 in an Ugly Stick or Lightning Rod.

If you try a Carrot Stick, I dont think you will be disappointed. They are very sensitive.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Gloomis and Lamiglass are all I'll buy.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i was gonna say ugly sticks and all stars are hard to beat, but i use the less expensive stuff as well. my favorite combo is my shimano rod and reel, spinning combo, 7 foot med/heavy action. great all purpose combo, quantan has some great combos on sale for fathers day, spinning or baitcasting.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

what i won't compromise on is line and hooks.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I gave about 225 for my Shimano Cumara 7'2" worm/jig rod. I thought that was a lot of money but my last worm rod that I used almost exclusively, I had for about 15 years. I have no idea how many bass were brought in on it but it was a bunch. Anyway, if I don't somehow break my Cumara, it should last me for at least 15 years too, so, it will be worth it.

It's sooooooooooooo sensitive! I can feel bumps I know I was missing before. The only complaint I would have with it though is the action is so fast that the tip is so small that it get's a wee bit mushy with a jig with a large trailer or a larger jig. I don't like mush.

I've heard mixed reviews on the carrot stick.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”