Little Scioto River

The Enforcer
SEO

Little Scioto River

Post by The Enforcer »

On my way to New Boston yesterday, i saw this river. Just wondering if its Fishable, or Any Fish in it? If so what kinds of Fish are in it

ironmen1987
SE

Re: Little Scioto River

Post by ironmen1987 »

Its fishable in spots but finding one can be difficult. Its like fishing any of the other area streams.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

A bunch of people fish the mouth were it drains into the Ohio River. You can also fish about a half to 3/4 of a mile north of Sciotoville on state route 335, Under the train tressle theres a pull over. We fished there alot when we were younger and caught all kinds of fish. I havent been down there fishing in over twenty years, but it should still be good.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Any Smallies in there?

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:A bunch of people fish the mouth were it drains into the Ohio River. You can also fish about a half to 3/4 of a mile north of Sciotoville on state route 335, Under the train tressle theres a pull over. We fished there alot when we were younger and caught all kinds of fish. I havent been down there fishing in over twenty years, but it should still be good.

very good spot when the river is backed up ozzie. I use to catch some 5-13lber's cat's when it would back up in the spring. from highland bend bridge to the tressle

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

We used to fish it alot mostly under the tressell. I prob fished with you a time or two there was always diff people fishing down there.

Rip
Waterboy

Post by Rip »

The Little Scioto is a good place to fish in the summer. I catch small crawdads and fish while wading. I catch catfish, drum, but usually smallmouth bass, spotted bass, largemouths, and even rock bass and chubs (very small crawdads). Actually the 2 inch and smaller crawdads are best, and it seems certain holes produce smallies, others spots, etc. I have also caught saugers, walleye, and in the spring, fishing from the bank, several whites....sometimes lots of whites using spinners, jigs with grub trailers, and small spoons. At the mouth I have caught the same species and once caught a muskie on a small rattle trap. A good place to start fishing is at the Dixon Mill bridge and working downstream toward Camp Bennett. The pools are good, just below ripples is good, but don't overlook the rocky shallow water and rocky shorelines if you find them.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

You can also fill your boat with BIG Bull frogs in the stretch from the Dixon Mill bridge at night.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Just say when and were there.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”