Favorite Coyote Guns

NYBUX
Varsity

Re: Favorite Coyote Guns

Post by NYBUX »

I agree about a Grand is steep.
That camo finish looks great but I would tie a string to it in case I dropped it in the woods to assist in locating it again.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

I found it on sale for $815 with the Nikon predator scope

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Sounds like a great investment when the tax refund comes back :122245

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Boonedawg wrote:Naaahhhh...whoever told you that? If that's the case mines about 8x over the limit and my rifleings are perfect.
A guy that I buy scopes off of that was a sniper in the army. He has all kinds of different rifles and they all have trigger jobs on them that you can barely even tell you are pulling the trigger. I think he knows what he is talking about with accuracy.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

NYBUX wrote:
Boonedawg wrote:Naaahhhh...whoever told you that? If that's the case mines about 8x over the limit and my rifleings are perfect.
^^^^^^
I agree with you 100%, Unless, that barrel came out of a gumball machine at the local mall

I never said that I replaced my barrel or had any trouble with it, I said that is what I was told. I also said that I have a bull barrel so there for what I said made my barrel except from that discussion. He just said that you should replace it every 200 shots to continue to shoot with unmatched accuracy. You all reading something else and not what I am actually typing

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Unless you just let it rust shut, the barrel is worn out by propellent combustion burning the lands away or by bullet wear on the rifling. Both of these occur at approximately the same rate for a barrel constructed of the same metal alloy regardless of the diameter of the barrel. Bull barrels contribute more to accuracy because they don't flex as much with the pressure of combustion and bullet rotation as it traverses the barrel. But they burn out just as fast as sporter barrels

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

That guy gets a new barrel when his rifle makes to different holes during target practice. I think maybe he is saying that you cant do that after 200 shots. IDK I might just ask him about what he told me the next time I see him so I can elaborate more on it

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:
A guy that I buy scopes off of that was a sniper in the army. He has all kinds of different rifles and they all have trigger jobs on them that you can barely even tell you are pulling the trigger. I think he knows what he is talking about with accuracy.

I own over 30 rifles and have trigger jobs on a bunch of them....That doesn't mean squat. I told this to my buddy who happens to be one of the best gunsmiths on the west coast....he got a great laugh.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

I'm right there with you Boonedawg.
And I know someone that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Boonedawg wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:

I own over 30 rifles and have trigger jobs on a bunch of them....That doesn't mean squat. I told this to my buddy who happens to be one of the best gunsmiths on the west coast....he got a great laugh.

Ok if trigger jobs dont mean squat buddy then why do you have them on a bunch of your rifles. that sounds like an oxymoron to me. Maybe you should think before you type, just saying

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

just picked up my Remingon R-15. It's sweet!!! decided to get in 204 since I already own a few .223's. the Nikon Predator series scope is incredible!

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

What doesn't mean squat is the idea that some dude tells you that a .22-250's barrel somehow turns bad after 200 rounds. The fact that he was a "sniper" in the army and has trigger jobs on his rifles doesn't mean he knows his sphinkie from a hole in the ground. You completely missed the point...probably a lot like your shooting...blame the gun...go buy a new barrel....good for the gunsmiths pocket....knock yourself out...just don't get mad when we laugh at you for wasting your money. :lol:

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Im seeing that most seem to like the high performance caliburs.
Other than my shotgun, I think I will stick to my tried and true M1-A with the 16X scope.
Its good for 600+ meter shots with a cold barrel.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

WE ARE ND wrote:just picked up my Remingon R-15. It's sweet!!! decided to get in 204 since I already own a few .223's. the Nikon Predator series scope is incredible!
was the scope included? and where did you get it at $815?
Sounds like a great deal!!!!
Last edited by NYBUX on Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Boonedawg wrote:What doesn't mean squat is the idea that some dude tells you that a .22-250's barrel somehow turns bad after 200 rounds. The fact that he was a "sniper" in the army and has trigger jobs on his rifles doesn't mean he knows his sphinkie from a hole in the ground. You completely missed the point...probably a lot like your shooting...blame the gun...go buy a new barrel....good for the gunsmiths pocket....knock yourself out...just don't get mad when we laugh at you for wasting your money. :lol:

If maybe you actually would read all of my posts you would have saw that I said I did not change my barrel after that amount of shots fired... You run your mouth about a lot of stuff that doesnt even make sense.

1. read
2. comprehend
3. then reply

maybe my 3 easy steps to success to using a forum could help you out a little :lol: :lol: :lol:

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Boonedawg wrote:What doesn't mean squat is the idea that some dude tells you that a .22-250's barrel somehow turns bad after 200 rounds. The fact that he was a "sniper" in the army and has trigger jobs on his rifles doesn't mean he knows his sphinkie from a hole in the ground. You completely missed the point...probably a lot like your shooting...blame the gun...go buy a new barrel....good for the gunsmiths pocket....knock yourself out...just don't get mad when we laugh at you for wasting your money. :lol:
oh and another thing that you messed up on, he never said the barrel turns bad either. He just stated that it does not shoot true

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:

If maybe you actually would read all of my posts you would have saw that I said I did not change my barrel after that amount of shots fired... You run your mouth about a lot of stuff that doesnt even make sense.

1. read
2. comprehend
3. then reply

maybe my 3 easy steps to success to using a forum could help you out a little :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if you can give advice I hope you can take it too!!!!!!!!

1. BEFORE you post do a little research
2. Before you post clean that crap off your keyboard and refrain from typing out of your hemorrhoids :mrgreen:

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

NYBUX wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:

1. read
2. comprehend
3. then reply

Well if you can give advice I hope you can take it too!!!!!!!!

1. BEFORE you post do a little research
2. Before you post clean that crap off your keyboard and refrain from typing out of your hemorrhoids :mrgreen:
I posted on what I said I was told by a retired sniper in the military, no one has to research to be able to quote what they hear in person.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:
oh and another thing that you messed up on, he never said the barrel turns bad either. He just stated that it does not shoot true

Soooo, just how many GOOD barrels do you know of that don't shoot true??????

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”