Almost NASCAR season

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Almost NASCAR season

Post by cbolt »

He sure did,raider! Can't believe it took them that long to put it out. That stuff was flowing like water out there right by the fuel intake tube. I kept thinking when are they going to extinguish that.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Last I seen on Facebook was that Newman is awake and talking. They haven’t said anything else but it’s way better news than what I was expecting last night. I can still remember 19 years ago when Mike Helton gave the announcement for Dale. So glad we didn’t get that news again.

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Newman released from hospital

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Real good news. Just wonder if he will rest up a bit before racing again? Miss a couple races?

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 pm Real good news. Just wonder if he will rest up a bit before racing again? Miss a couple races?
He’s out this weekend. They already announced Chastain is driving the 6

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Rusty Shackleford wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 pm Real good news. Just wonder if he will rest up a bit before racing again? Miss a couple races?
I figured he wouldn't climb back in the car right away, but glad he's ok. Hate to see anybody lose their life or injured in anyway. That crash was a violent one. I hate seeing them.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

What do you guys think of some of the changes to the car next year? Getting rid of the H-Pattern 4 speed and going to a 6 speed sequential gearbox, getting rid of 15 inch 5 lug wheels and switching to 18 inch aluminum one lug wheels, and rumors are that sponsors want the number moved from the door. I’m not a fan of any of the changes. They are taking away parts of the sport that I’ve grown up watching to try to gain casual fans who watch occasionally when they are bored instead of the people like me who tune in every weekend to watch and spend 100s of dollars on tickets each year. Just my opinion

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:24 am
Rusty Shackleford wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 pm
I figured he wouldn't climb back in the car right away, but glad he's ok. Hate to see anybody lose their life or injured in anyway. That crash was a violent one. I hate seeing them.
He does seem fine though, must still be a little shaken up. We probably won’t see him in the car for a while I’m guessing.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

NASCAR returning May 17. Running I believe Darlington Sunday and Wednesday and Charlotte Sunday and Wednesday after that. Chicagoland and Sonoma lost there race date this year and Richmond lost a spring race. Also Ryan Newman will be back in the 6 car

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

never really watched but will now lol

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

It will be interesting to see how NASCAR handles social distancing as they resume racing. I no longer care for the sport but I will watch to see how the logistics are handled.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Omega wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:14 pm It will be interesting to see how NASCAR handles social distancing as they resume racing. I no longer care for the sport but I will watch to see how the logistics are handled.
They seem to be doing okay with it. Post race celebration is kinda weird and not as many interviews, but other than that the racing’s been good. I like this no practice and qualifying they’ve been doing though

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Rusty Shackleford wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:32 pm
Omega wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:14 pm It will be interesting to see how NASCAR handles social distancing as they resume racing. I no longer care for the sport but I will watch to see how the logistics are handled.
They seem to be doing okay with it. Post race celebration is kinda weird and not as many interviews, but other than that the racing’s been good. I like this no practice and qualifying they’ve been doing though
Yeah, the starting position by draw makes it a more interesting race.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

And inverting the top 20 for the Wednesday race. See some driver up front who usually aren’t. Also Chase beat Kyle Busch in the truck race and won the bounty of $100,000 to charity. Kyle wasn’t happy. Might be a new rivalry haha

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Anyone see where Kentucky race is being ran without fans? That’s the race I usually go to. Guess I’ll go next year. Sucks now that I bought a scanner so I won’t have to buy one, kinda backfired on me haha.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They found a noose in Bubba's garage stall today. Hum, something very fishy about that! No fans were even allowed in the infield. Has to be someone within his team. Don't they have cameras in them things ? What you think, Dale ? Are you suspicious it could be somebody from his own team? They had to have credentials to even be in that area. As much money involved and teams always looking for advantages over their competitors I am surprised the security would be that lax for a high priority area like that. There was racism at the event with the confederate flags outside and the plane flying over.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Crazy stuff. :shock: You would be surprised who could get in there and do that. I think it's sad and pure stupidity. Just someone trying to keep things stirred up probably.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

cbolt wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:38 pm They found a noose in Bubba's garage stall today. Hum, something very fishy about that! No fans were even allowed in the infield. Has to be someone within his team. Don't they have cameras in them things ? What you think, Dale ? Are you suspicious it could be somebody from his own team? They had to have credentials to even be in that area. As much money involved and teams always looking for advantages over their competitors I am surprised the security would be that lax for a high priority area like that. There was racism at the event with the confederate flags outside and the plane flying over.
Hopefully if it’s real, NASCAR shows the video. Right now it feels like NASCAR did it. If NASCAR is lying, this could kill NASCAR. Jim France likes his cocaine and making poor choices :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree raider something don't sound right about this. Nascar might be wanting to change the perception of being a redneck southern sport by rallying around and showing their support for Bubba . It wouldn't surprise me if we never hear who done it. Just can't believe there would be no security around all that expensive equipment. People with credentials would surely know that. Sure didn't help their image with all those confederate flags and plane flying around. As sad as it is they will probably lose a bunch of fans over that flag esp. down south.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

No charges and no hate crime ! Lol we were right raider, I knew something wasn't right. They supposedly were on every door down there to pull the darn door down. How stupid can people be ? Another fake noose crime in the books! Nascar looks really bad now.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”