Peebles @ Fairfield

indians10
Riding the Bench

Re: Peebles @ Fairfield

Post by indians10 »

Get a life Legit.Dont make stupid statements,that arent true.

opiie94
Riding the Bench

Post by opiie94 »

Dont know where 2legit is getting his info. Must have been from the blind guy that told someone, that told someone , that told someone, that told someone, that told 2 legit.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

My son played soccer the past few years and Fairfield was just as dirty playing soccer as it sounds like they were last night.

indiangirl
Waterboy

Post by indiangirl »

Honestly, that was one of the roughest games I've ever seen. So, 2Legit, you probably should ask someone much more reliable (and honest) than your "source." It started with the refs not even noticing that Andrew Seaman was still on the floor (bleeding) after a scuffle with another player going after the ball. It went downhill after that...when Seaman finally made it back into the game, he only lasted few seconds before he was knocked again, and sent to the sidelines with a nosebleed. I think it was the 3rd quarter when HE was kicked in the head by a Fairfield player, after they had both went up for a rebound. And that's only half of it---Nate Stephens was also knocked in the face, not to mention Tyler Caudill getting roughed up too. I hate to think this kind of stuff was typical from Fairfield, and I'd rather blame the refs for letting it get out of hand. Fortunately, all of the Peebles kids stepped up and showed some class. I have to hand it to them for keeping their cool; I'm not sure I could have done the same. And way to go #14...Blake Justice was on fire!

opiie94
Riding the Bench

Post by opiie94 »

It was as bad as it sounds bull. Every time a Peebles player was on the floor after a loose ball they was getting kicked or elbowed. One incident a boy was jogging down the floor, didnt even have the ball and got elbowed right in the mouth. The bad thing was I never saw the coach get on any of those players for doing those things. Physical basketball is one thing but this was ridiculous.

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Post by hook em horns »

After last night's incidents and the occurrence of players not shaking hands following a loss at Manchester a month ago it seems the Fairfield boys basketball program may be in need of discipline.

I know one thing, players who play for John Lawhorn, Rob Beucler, or Dave Young would not act in such a manner.

opiie94
Riding the Bench

Post by opiie94 »

You got that right hook em horns

2Legit2Quit
Waterboy

Post by 2Legit2Quit »

shljunkie wrote:I don't know that I've ever seen players as dirty as we saw tonight at Fairfield. It's one thing to play hard and shove a little as you're getting after it but to throw cheap shots, not even in the flow of a game, to kick kids in the head when they're on the ground, to pull kids down by their legs, trip them.

I believe this is my source Opie, so don't get your undies in a bind. I was asking a valid question, not making a statemnt.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Come on Peebles fans, the game was rough but we got the W.This kind of game could help us down the road.Fairfield did play dirty and rough but welcome to varsity basketball.As far as Fairfield's coach I have no respect at all for him.Come on Indians! Last night we skinned a LION tonight we will Pound A Hound.Indians by 15.

peeblesportsfan1391
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesportsfan1391 »

Someone mentioned the make-up game against Fairfield earlier....that game is rescheduled for Mon., Feb.23....and this game will now be the Indians Senior Night, instead of the Ripley game... I'd hate to be Fairfield in this game...because I really look for the seniors to step it up in this one

opiie94
Riding the Bench

Post by opiie94 »

I read over that post and i dont see where it says a peebles kid kicked someone,, maybe i missed something

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

Come on Opie!Wake up.2legit posted it at 1:17.

2Legit2Quit
Waterboy

Post by 2Legit2Quit »

Well its a good thing I've got you veteran posters to keep me in the know ;-) Good win by Peebles either way. Tough one tonight against Manchester. Quinlan will be fired up after last nights beat down. Hopefully he's not to rough on you guys :122246 LOL

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

2legit.Post your comments about the game after it is played tonight and we will go from there.I think it will be another big win for the Indians.

opiie94
Riding the Bench

Post by opiie94 »

You lost me on that one jayhawks, he posted it at 1:17 today.. Anyway Go Indians big shl game again tonight like jayhawks said lets pound the hound.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I was way off my prediction! lol

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

Doesn't Coach Carson's sister play for Peebles jr. hi? Was he in attendance at Peebles yesterday for her tourney game?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yep...and other sister plays for Whiteoak varsity

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

2Legit2Quit wrote:Well its a good thing I've got you veteran posters to keep me in the know ;-) Good win by Peebles either way. Tough one tonight against Manchester. Quinlan will be fired up after last nights beat down. Hopefully he's not to rough on you guys :122246 LOL

2ligit, I don't know if you are just looking to provoke a fight because you have nothing of value to add to this post or if you really are that sadistic that you would condone Fairfield's kids intentionally trying to hurt Peebles players. It could have easily been brought under control by the refs or Coach Carson, and it wasn't. Its obvious that you weren't there or you wouldn't make light of it. I can personally guarantee you that that kind of behavior will not last a second on the Peebles floor. Nothing wrong with rough play, Peebles proved they can handle all they can dish out but they shouldn't have to... it went way beyond rough and their coach acted like a blooming idiot so it wasn't hard to understand why the Fairfield kids carried on the way they did.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

Ironman92 wrote:Yep...and other sister plays for Whiteoak varsity

Hmm, I wonder if there was a big purple elephant in the gym or did somebody approach him about the previous night's game. That may have been an awkward situation, maybe not though!

Return to “Boys Basketball”