Chillicothe @ Waverly on Tuesday 2/17

dr awkward
Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe @ Waverly on Tuesday 2/17

Post by dr awkward »

bvmv4life,

Show some class respect your opponent and they will respect you. You are talking about 15-18 year old kids who have played a more aggresive (# of times) than any NBA team the last week or so. They might have an off night or be looking forward to Z-ville or other factors that you will be talking about on here if the Cavs happen to lose. Heck the players might read your post and throw the game on purpose just to see who you are at the next game ;-) .

Anyways I look for the Cavs to come out strong and I don't see Coach Kellough resting players at the expense of playing a competitive game. Good Luck Cavs! Hope everyone stays healthy on both sides for the 2nd season.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Let's just hope that one of the coaches is not pressing with a 30 point lead. Save your team's legs, you might need them later this week.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I think Waverly's only chance is for Martin and Kretzer to have a huge night and shoot the lights out,however Chillicothe plays excellent defense...Cavs in this one by 20...

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

soccerfix wrote:Let's just hope that one of the coaches is not pressing with a 30 point lead. Save your team's legs, you might need them later this week.

soccerfix,

You won't see the Cavs doing that unless the 30 point lead is early in the game (see game last year). Coach Kellough is about as classy as it gets. However, I will say one thing. Once it gets close to tourney time, this game is not for the faint at heart. These kids (both teams) are getting ready for the "One and Done Season". The kids have to be clicking and not worry about feelings, etc. The coaches job is to keep other players in. My guess is due to the 8 games in 14 days dilema for the Cavs, Waverly will see up to 8 Cavs in the first half and possible 9.

On the flip side, if Waverly got out on Chilly, I would expect them to keep the pressure on as well (at least until a game is at hand). I will say this, Chilly will play man-to-man in your face defense (1/2 court at a minimum). That is no secret, so their will be no surprises.

GO CAVS!!!

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

The boys don't need any rest. Anybody watch the AAU or OYB tourneys? Two/three games on one day and then upwards of six or more the next if they keep winning.

bit...

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Hoping to see good intensity out of the tigers, they are young, have to know their roles, control the tempo, keep turnovers to a minumum and hit the boards hard.
Kind of doubt that anyone will sit to just to rest in this game, a team might want to make a point here before the tourney starts.
These kids are young, legs are strong, they can rest when the seasons over, when they hit the floor they will all give 100% and plead not to come out.
Lets have a good game, good luck to the Cavs
GO TIGERS

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

bitbucket wrote:The boys don't need any rest. Anybody watch the AAU or OYB tourneys? Two/three games on one day and then upwards of six or more the next if they keep winning.

bit...

I know they can play allot of games in one day then another, but that is with no travel. When it comes down to it they will play, but mentally is where this game will be won or lost. Chilli is definitely more talented, this game will see how mentally tough they are (with playing so many games in a short period of time). 1) looking ahead how can you not with Zanesville coming up. 2) the anticipation of the tourney 3) defending your championship!!

ravens
Waterboy

Post by ravens »

I agree 100% that Malik needs more playing time and get the experience that he needs.The youngman will make a big difference come tourney time.The Cavs are playing great ball just keep up the hard work and things will fall in place for the Cavs.Any time you when a state title that is a big bulls eye on your back.You just gotta go out and play 110% all the time.

Tigereyez
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigereyez »

Good to see Robertson starting, excellent job.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

he only started because it was senior night but he is a heck of an athlete

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Score?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

49-49 going to overtime.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

60 -53 waverly wins in o.t.

Tigereyez
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigereyez »

Congratulations to Waverly Tigers!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

nickle back wrote:60 -53 waverly wins in o.t.

WOW.........

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congrats Tigers!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Wow, congrats to Coach Robertson and the Tigers. I listened to the ending on the radio, foul trouble hurt the Cavs, but you cant take anything away from Waverly.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

overtime worst case sceniro for chilly. Good win for Waverly what I expected from chilly looking at Zanesville now. Take two from them and good luck the rest of the way.....Curious about the details of the game?

mkhhg20
Waterboy

Post by mkhhg20 »

Wow what a game! I was not rooting for either team but Chilli couldn't catch a break from the refs. I hate to say this but I think there would be a slightly different outcome if it were played at a neutral site. One particular ref, I'm not going to mention his name, in my opinon cost chilli the game. That same ref tried to home my team at Wellston when his brother coached there, but he was unsuccessful, so chilli I know how you feel. Caleb Knights clearly got tripped during the last minute of regulation, it was not a walk by any means (unbiasedly). I felt that Chilli and especially Coach Kellough kept their cool, so props to them. Both teams played extremely hard. Waverly has the bragging rights at least until the next time they both meet up, possibly in the tournament. I would love to see both teams face each other again.

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

bvmv4life wrote:If Waverly does upset the CAVS I'll cut my right arm off
Crazy Legs wrote:I am going to go out on a limb and say Waverly by 4 they play the game of their life Chilli is tired and I think might over look this game for the upcoming two vs Zanesville. Waverly has to be physical in order to do this though? Dont' settle for the outside shot..

Waverly 56
Chillicothe 52

:o

Let me know how that feels bvmv4life. Hope you have some pain meds

:lol: :lol: :lol: :122246

Great win for coach Robertson, the seniors and the program. Very well deserved

Return to “Boys Basketball”