Chillicothe @ Waverly on Tuesday 2/17

jtc
Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe @ Waverly on Tuesday 2/17

Post by jtc »

magic man wrote:Yes, I am not putting waverly down but chilli did get this win taken from the refs. clearly the young white ref was not making the right calls he should have and i also had heard that when he was in front of the chilli cheerleaders that he had said some kind of curse word to them> dont know whats up with that

so your saying the was lost by the white ref?????GIVE ME A BREAK///There shouldnve been T called when the black man .came out on floor to try to influence the black ref. That just shows what kind of fans the cavs have.They got beat Peroid.

CHS Fan
Waterboy

Post by CHS Fan »

Yes, Chillicothe did get beat. Waverly wanted that game and you could see it. Congrats to all of the young men who put their hearts on the floor and played to win. ( I am especially looking forward to watching the Kretzer boy develop in the next three years. Very impressive for a frosh!)
I'm sure the win did wonders for Waverly's momentum going into the tourney. Keep your heads up, play like that, an you will do well!
On the flip side, that was not a devestating loss for us. Hopefully, it will fire up our boys just enough to take care of Zanesville this week!
Keep up the good work, Tigers and Go Cavs!

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

CHS Fan wrote:Yes, Chillicothe did get beat. Waverly wanted that game and you could see it. Congrats to all of the young men who put their hearts on the floor and played to win. ( I am especially looking forward to watching the Kretzer boy develop in the next three years. Very impressive for a frosh!)
I'm sure the win did wonders for Waverly's momentum going into the tourney. Keep your heads up, play like that, an you will do well!
On the flip side, that was not a devestating loss for us. Hopefully, it will fire up our boys just enough to take care of Zanesville this week!
Keep up the good work, Tigers and Go Cavs!

classy post CHS Fan. Best of luck to you. Hopefully we meet again in the District Finals...

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Dr. Chipinski wrote:Hitch,

Thanks for making my point...it doesn't matter whether you paid your $5 or not, you should not have been down on the floor talking to the official. The fact is, you knew the official personally and felt like you could speak to him...the problem is, you should have waited until after the game to do it. What did that say to everyone else in the gym? If you can do it, then everyone else can along with you? Fans should not be talking to officials, players, or coaches during the game, period. If you don't like the way the game was called, fine. Being a fan and having an interest in the outcome of the game you cannot be objective when speaking about it. You say that it was casual conversation, but I bet if you ask the official about the conversation, his perspective would be different...it should not have happened, no matter what the call was or wasn't. Fans should be fans and cheer for their team, and leave it there.

Dr. Chip,

Thanks for your reply. Not sure I am making your point, but I did speak with the offical (whom I did talk to tonight). We had a very good conversation and we both agree to disagree. However, we did it respectfully. I have known him for a long time and respect him big time as a person.

Now, I want to clarify something. I was not on the court. I was on the baseline and I was not agruing. We were simply discussing. If I am as loud as you say I am, then you would have heard ever word I said. Also, AD Arnett would have intervined. He was right beside me. I told the ref tonight and will say again, I can say all day that I want consistency. Both he and I are going to review the tape and see if my points to him tonight were correct. Again it had nothing to do with calls for or against either team.

In fact he clearly told me tonight that those who thought Turner out-of-bounds time out on the sideline was correct. That is outlawed in college but not high school. He knows the rules (they all do). So, in summary, I have lived on the baseline and talking with officials for many a year. When I played, when I coached and now. I don't belittle their family heritage. I don't curse them. I just want consistency and I felt it was not there.

To all those who want to hate on that, I am ok with it. I apologized to the official tonight. He and I will be cool, so I won't lose any sleep. I am more concerned about my Cavs getting back on track.

GO CAVS!!!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Yeah I just got out of the hospital and I delivered my arm to the school wrapped around it is part of the net from last years Regional Championship game when my son was a ball boy. :aaaaa59 Congrats to Waverly hope you enjoy your new arm! Waverly is young and dangerous and could very well make alot of noise in the tourney! Right now Chillicothe has lost it's spunk. They lost Tuesday and they just got beat by the Ville'. They need to fix whatever slump they're in or it will be a short run in the tourney!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Hitchbone you got a PM.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

bvmv4life wrote:Hitchbone you got a PM.

PM back at you. I am off the bed. I am not going to the other site. I might be up until 2:00. The bell goes off early.

GO CAVS!!!

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Heres the thing Chillicothe won the championship last yr, and I supported them went to most of their tourney run and have lots of friends up there but this isnt the same team from last yr, Waverly exposed the weaknesses of this yrs. team outside shooting, and lack of interior strength and from what I heard during last nights game Zanesville watched that game. Get ready Chilli everybody is gonna pack it on you now.
I dont believe we played great Tuesday night (19 turnovers) but we did what we needed to do to win. Don't know if that would have been enough to beat Oak Hill but would have made for a better game.
There are 5 solid teams in soc2 who can beat anyone on any given night especially at home, Ive been saying this for awhile the soc2 is a tough league and Oak Hill is the top team and they can play with any team in southern Ohio bar none. And for the guy who was talking size of school what the heck does that have to do with Basketball!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”