Congratulations Oak Hill Oaks and Lady Oaks SOCII Champs

JJ Hale
JV Team

Re: Congratulations Oak Hill Oaks and Lady Oaks SOCII Champs

Post by JJ Hale »

Sorry! Just got back from lunch with the LLama!

Jake Roberts wrote:I've never bashed any of the players that left. I wasn't talking about any coach's character in my post, either. I was stating a fact. I like to see those girls do well at Oak Hill and they did very well against Portsmouth. JJ, it sounded to me like you were dogging VC by your one post. If not, what were you trying to accomplish? Also, people take this site way too serious. Most people on here are ignorant or they are just trying to get people worked up.

Jake, I was being condescending. See how foolish it looks when people make over the top statements like that? You are closely involved with the VC girls program so I doubt real seriously that you want or take any pride whatsoever in the Oak Hill girls program. If I am wrong I am sorry.

Rumpus wrote:JJ,

If there is a problem maybe you need to speak to someone in VC's administration seeing as you are a grad and work there. Maybe contact the AD, Carl has no problem finding him or commenting on how he thinks the department should be run. I mean if there's a problem no one wants to talk about, I guess it will go unsolved. You're either part of the problem or the solution. As to transfers and recruiting, it obviously goes on as evidenced by the Wellston situation that has been beaten to death.

For starters, I work for Carl and he is a close friend. However, I am my own man and my thoughts and actions are my own. What Carl does or does not do is his own business. As a matter of fact I can assure you that Carl and I do not share the same opinion on this topic. Until I have a son in the school system or pay taxes in VC, I have no business talking to an AD or anyone else in the administration about their athletic programs. Honestly, that is probably the problem. Parents fighting with coaches, the AD and and administration. Some parents have even suggested to some of the kids that they leave or have told them they are not wanted in VC. The views I expressed about the situation are ones that I stand by. Is suggesting that a programs fans and posters win and conduct themselves with class without criticizing other programs in the area part of the solution or part of the problem?

Good Luck to both teams in the tournament!

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

JJ Hale wrote: If I am wrong I am sorry.

Apology accepted! :-D

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I am tired of giving vocabulary lessons. --

"llama" is a soft woolly-haired animal that is often used as a beast of burden. I am no ones' beast of burden, with maybe the exception of Mrs. Hawkeyepierce

"Lama" is a priest, superior one, a sage.

JJ, quit spelling my name wrong.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

hawkeyepierce wrote:I am tired of giving vocabulary lessons. --

"llama" is a soft woolly-haired animal that is often used as a beast of burden. I am no ones' beast of burden, with maybe the exception of Mrs. Hawkeyepierce

"Lama" is a priest, superior one, a sage.

JJ, quit spelling my name wrong.

Hawkeye/Lama(whatever your name is)

JJ makes a great point with how he's been spelling your name. Since when aren't you a "soft woolly-haired animal that is often used as a beast of burden?" :aaaaa124

.......I think we might have to change the spelling!

Oh, by the way....congrats to Mudcat, Slone and Mike. Enjoy the ride.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

Why hasn't jacksonoaks cogratulated the SOCII champs, yet? I know that's where his loyalties are.

Derf
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf »

Congrats to the Oaks

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Congrats to both the boys and girls on winning SOC.

Return to “Boys Basketball”