Southern at Eastern Eagles 2/20

Dart
Waterboy

Re: Southern at Eastern Eagles 2/20

Post by Dart »

I'm taking the husband (Howie) over the wife (Jeff)

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Bassmaster wrote:
Trimble Juvenile wrote:does this game have any meaning other than father against son? is there really a rivalry there? i guess they have to have some reason to get excited about playing, might as well call it a rivalry huh? i still say howdee 3 beats howdee 2.

It has about as much meaning as the title town thread does to some guy with 39 usernames :!: :mrgreen:

39 names huh? WOW timmy is all i can say to that. i only had you pegged for 3. maybe you should find something else to do with your time besides getting on here and crying about losing and arguing with kids. oh i forgot, you also get on here and argue with yourself. :roll: as for this game, again i say howdee 3 beats howdee 2. it is good to see the mom (ref) get on here and support the dad though. who is jeff anyway?

winsandlosses
Riding the Bench

Post by winsandlosses »

Final: Southern 50
Eastern 49

Great game.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Yes, it was a great game. I really enjoyed the coverage, sounds like it was one heck of an atmosphere, STO (standing room only) from what the guys from the Frog said.

Nice to hear the boys being so cordial and sportsmanlike towards each other after such a hard fought game. Both communities ought to be proud of these kids, what a class way to wrap up the game.

And, once again, super job by "The Frog", makes for an enjoyable evening listening to the game.

And, what does Fed Hock's 52-47 victory over the Tomcats (at Trouble no less) do to the TVC standings tonight?????????????

winsandlosses
Riding the Bench

Post by winsandlosses »

Steely Dan it doesn't surprise me these two teams displayed great sportsmanship after the game. Just wondering if something specific happened to comment on or just what was displayed throughout the game.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

This one sure sounded like a great game. Good luck to both teams in the post season.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

winsandlosses wrote:Steely Dan it doesn't surprise me these two teams displayed great sportsmanship after the game. Just wondering if something specific happened to comment on or just what was displayed throughout the game.

My comments are based on the radio announcers comments. They were very complimentary about the boys sportsmanlike conduct towards each other after the final whistle blew.

I found it refreshing, and frankly, a little inspiring, to hear them describe the scene. That is what HS sports should be about, and it reinforces my belief that our next generation of kids are a great group of kids, that will do things right and frankly, turn the country around.

No ulterior motive or fishing for trouble with my comments. They were made with all sincerity.
Last edited by Steely Dan on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

And, what does Fed Hock's 52-47 victory over the Tomcats (at Trouble no less) do to the TVC standings tonight?????????????

Trimbile and Eastern have a makeup game Tuesday. Should be a good one :!:

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

I was there, I didn't see any of that bumping and pushing and mouthing that is normal at a game. I did see an Eastern player early taunt a Southern player, nothing big, but the ref squelched it right away. He was just excited.

It was a great game, a classice Eastern/Southern game. Even the fans were cordial after the game.

As was said, both teams and communities should be proud.

winsandlosses
Riding the Bench

Post by winsandlosses »

Steely Dan wrote:
winsandlosses wrote:Steely Dan it doesn't surprise me these two teams displayed great sportsmanship after the game. Just wondering if something specific happened to comment on or just what was displayed throughout the game.

My comments are based on the radio announcers comments. They were very complimentary about the boys sportsmanlike conduct towards each other after the final whistle blew.

I found it refreshing, and frankly, a little inspiring, to hear them describe the scene. That is what HS sports should be about, and it reinforces my belief that our next generation of kids are a great group of kids, that will do things right and frankly, turn the country around.

No ulterior motive or fishing for trouble with my comments. They were made with all sincerity.

I'm sorry if I indicated you were fishing for trouble or had any motive other than noble. I certainly didn't mean it that way. I believe you were sincere. Just was not able to hear the broadcast and was wondering just what happened.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Who scored the winning basket for Southern?

winsandlosses
Riding the Bench

Post by winsandlosses »

I'm pretty sure it was Coppick but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Yes, Sean hit the winning shot. Congrats to the does, nice win!

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Post by BleedingPurple&Gold »

I was there great game.. Thats what we need going into Waterford. Boys played good.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Southern 11 9 14 16 50
Eastern 12 10 13 14 49

Southern

Sean Coppick 12
Michael Manuel 12
Weston Roberts 10
Brad Brown 7
Bryan Harris 5
Zach Manuel 4

FT 8-12

Eastern

Jake Lynch 15
Titus Pierce 10
Tyler Hendrix 9
Mike Johnson 8
Kelly Winebrenner 5
Brayden Pratt 2

FT 10-19

JV

Southern 48
Eastern 26

Great game and great sportsmanship by all!

Both team are in action on the 24th as Eastern travels to Trimble and Southern goes to Waterford to play for a piece
of the title.

Eastern plays Beaver Eastern at Wellston on March 2 at 6:15 in the opening round of the sectional tournament

Southern will play the following night against the Symmes Valley/Miller winner at 8:00.

Meigs takes on Jackson next Wednesday the 25th at 6:15 from Logan High School.

All games live on "The Frog", 92.1 FM.

SeeSawItAll
Waterboy

Post by SeeSawItAll »

great team play tornadoes!! :122249 :122249

this is a well needed win going into watertown tues.

keep the intensity up

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Waterford beat Miller tonight in a rout by 22. So Southern is playing for a share. Waterford has only lost one game at home all season and that was earlier in the week to Frontier and Waterford played without Cunningham. Waterford definately looked back on track tonight though. Good game brewing next week!!!

Congrats to Southern on the win tonight. It's always fun to beat a rival.

racinerebel
Riding the Bench

Post by racinerebel »

Congrats to Southern on the win and congrats to both teams for showing sportsmanship!!!

So does Southern still have a chance at a tie for the TVC?

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

racinerebel wrote:Congrats to Southern on the win and congrats to both teams for showing sportsmanship!!!

So does Southern still have a chance at a tie for the TVC?

I understand not outright ownership of the title, but if Southern beats Waterford, they'll share it, as I've heard anyway.

TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

GREAT GAME!!!!!! Loved to see how the game ended! Great job does!!!! :122245

Return to “Boys Basketball”