Manchester @ Western....2-17

beaverlover
SE

Re: Manchester @ Western....2-17

Post by beaverlover »

FLAGMANUSA wrote:Well to me it looks like Manchester has gotten over it, moved on, and continued to play ball! By the way they won tonight! But it seems like Manchester does all of there talking on the floor! And no one is crying, just proving a point to all of you SOC fan's!! But you can't stand it! :122245

Lot's more crying to come it sounds like ;-)
I think your the ones that can't stand it.That is why we are still talking about it.Good luck with your tourney draw :-D

baller2408
Waterboy

Post by baller2408 »

Hey flagmanusa it wasnt senior night it was parents night... Also western had a really off night last night... Penwell got into a litlle foul trouble right when he was starting to get hot... Smithson missed alot of foul shots early in the game and no one really made all the foul shots... Had the foul shots been made it would have been a different game all together... Western is not over rated they deserve that number one seed and i would say that if they played manchester again they would come out ready to win... I have seen manchesters coach at several of our games and i would say he had a pretty good scouting report... Congrats to manchester on a good game... Also Manchester was not ahead the whole game... Late in the third western was up three...

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Manchester came out and just out played Western tonight. That's it. I don't know if the defense was that good on Shanks or if he just didn't seem to take it to the hole aggressive? Either way, MHS out hustled Western tonight on both ends of the floor. I think both teams are pretty even, and I would say MHS has an advantage in guard play. It will be interesting to see how the tourney shakes out. Good luck to both teams.

I would like to say, you can make yourself look just as bad winning with no class as you can losing with no class. This is not a comment towards the players, the game was played with excellent sportsmanship. This is a reflection towards the posters on this site. Win with class and move on. This overrated stuff is very poor! If you had a point to make I believe the kids made it on the floor and did with sportsmanship. Maybe you should follow in they're shoes!

Congrats to the Dogs, and good luck to both teams.

Sideliner008
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner008 »

Out of Bounds wrote:Manchester came out and just out played Western tonight. That's it. I don't know if the defense was that good on Shanks or if he just didn't seem to take it to the hole aggressive? Either way, MHS out hustled Western tonight on both ends of the floor. I think both teams are pretty even, and I would say MHS has an advantage in guard play. It will be interesting to see how the tourney shakes out. Good luck to both teams.

I would like to say, you can make yourself look just as bad winning with no class as you can losing with no class. This is not a comment towards the players, the game was played with excellent sportsmanship. This is a reflection towards the posters on this site. Win with class and move on. This overrated stuff is very poor! If you had a point to make I believe the kids made it on the floor and did with sportsmanship. Maybe you should follow in they're shoes!

Congrats to the Dogs, and good luck to both teams.

You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!!!

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I agree out of bounds, unless you're undefeated and just won the state tourney, I don't think anyone should trash talk any team. I think Western and Manchester could play each other 10 times and there could be a different result each night, probably each would go 500, IMO.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

shljunkie wrote:I agree out of bounds, unless you're undefeated and just won the state tourney, I don't think anyone should trash talk any team. I think Western and Manchester could play each other 10 times and there could be a different result each night, probably each would go 500, IMO.

If they play 10 times, Manchester would win 7 or better. The main difference between the two teams is depth and scoring options. Western has 3 scoring options, how man does Manchester have? What kind of production does Western get from their bench every night compared to Manchester? If it was a 3 on 3 game It would be a coin toss every game.

baller2408
Waterboy

Post by baller2408 »

I think that if shanks had taken the ball to the hole and not been afraid of MHS big man #34 i think western would have been alot better... I agree if we playd them 10 times it would come out pretty even...

BALLER1
Freshman Team

Post by BALLER1 »

The people from Manchester are no longer crying, they are just proving a point. For the past month we have all been debating who the best team in the Valley Sectional was. When Western got the 1 seed, I will admit, I was upset just as was many other fans. Lastnight was Manchesters chance to prove it and they did. All you people that were saying how Western was better were proven wrong, so instead of just admitting that Manchester is better, you continue to say Manchester fans are crying and this or that. Put yourself in their shoes, they played a very tough schedule and have still yet to lose in Div. 4 play, they should have received the 1 seed. However they didnt, so now they are just proving points and working hard to get ready for the tourney. Where is hurt them is they are placed in the upper bracket, which without doubt is a lot tougher than the bottom. Western and Southern will most likely battle to go to Regionals with really no test leading out to that. Manchester will have to face a good South Webster team if they beat Green, then if they get by them, most likely a good Waterford team and if they manage to get by them, they get the Mighty Oakes of Oak Hill! I think Manchester can handle the road that lies ahead of them, they just came off a tough weekend of playing two of the toughest teams in Southeastern Ohio, North Adams and Peebles. So good luck to Western and Manchester!

GreenDevils#1
Freshman Team

Post by GreenDevils#1 »

Congrats Greyhounds now carrying that win into the tourney and good luck...

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Why dont you Greyhound fans quit cryin :lol: From all the repost on here thats all you guys do Western got the #1 seed and theres nothing you can do about it to change it so quit your cryin!! :122246 :122246 :lol:

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

The SOC 1 Champions, best team in Western's history, SOC player of the year, Regional final team please welcome your 2008-2009 Western Indians!!"

If thats what was said "best team in Western's history", we have a BIG problem...

This is gettin old though, the win doesnt mean "anything". Sure its a nice game to win and a nice confidence booster, but the tournament hasn't even started and you guys act like that was the state game, give it up. Sure Manchester won, wooohooo, who gives a crap. Just because you win a head to head matchup, that doesn't mean you are the better team, that means you were the better team (that given night).

indiangirl
Waterboy

Post by indiangirl »

"The SOC 1 Champions, best team in Western's history, SOC player of the year, Regional final team please welcome your 2008-2009 Western Indians!!"

Are you SURE they announced it like that? I thought the best team in Western's history was the '68-'69 team that played in the state championship game!?! Or maybe they were announcing all of their school accomplishments through the years?

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

Tartanblue wrote:Western needs to come out and shut Manchester down and prove a point that the SOC is not as weak as what the Manchester folks think they are.

:mrgreen:

4thquarter
Waterboy

Post by 4thquarter »

If you are going to make quotes on here make sure you get them right. The annoucer was listing alot of Westerns accomplishments, and that Western was the best in the SOC (this year) because based on wins, they are the best in the SOC (again, this year) I wouldn't think he would say this years team is the best except in the SOC because there have been other teams from Western who have went deep in the tournaments and we are not even into tournaments yet..

Manchester this was one game, one win, get over yourselfs. #1 seed, #2 seed, who cares. I have seen teams with alot lower seeds go deep into the tourney. It depends on how bad you want it when you get there, it don't matter if your the #8 seed. Now after all the talk about whose better SOC or SHL your going to wine around about how tough your bracket is. Quit #ithcin and moanin and just support your team and let them play ball.

Also you may have held Shanks to 2 before the half but I believe he ended up with 19. Besides POY is not based off of one game.

Goodluck to both teams in the tournaments.

shlfrog
Waterboy

Post by shlfrog »

Well I dont think that the SOC teams are Weak at all Im sure SOC Kids work hard and want to do the best they can So does the SHL Kids What it is is what it is i agree its time to get readdy for tournament and play ball

No one should be puting any of these kids down they all are good basketball Player's

Good Luck to all

basketball
Waterboy

Post by basketball »

Well put SHLFROG thi site is a forum that those kids read and in the great game of basketball there is always a winner and loser! good luck to all teams and lets have another great Southeast Basketball Tournament like we alwasy do

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Well I dont think that the SOC teams are Weak at all Im sure SOC Kids work hard and want to do the best they can So does the SHL Kids What it is is what it is i agree its time to get readdy for tournament and play ball

No one should be puting any of these kids down they all are good basketball Player's

Good Luck to all

Sure, kids work hard, but that doesnt hide the fact that the SOC is very weak. Its just a fact, lets face it.

-I'm no SHL man either, I played for Wesetern, but the facts are facts.....Its a down year.....

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

60ft.6in. wrote:

Good Luck to all

Sure, kids work hard, but that doesnt hide the fact that the SOC is very weak. Its just a fact, lets face it.

-I'm no SHL man either, I played for Wesetern, but the facts are facts.....Its a down year.....

60ft.....I know you are only a year removed and maybe compared to your recent Western team the league does not look as strong. But, the facts are the facts, and SOC1 has more non-leaugue wins this year than last. So, the FACT is, relatively speaking when compared to the other conferences, the SOC1 is not down. How many OVC, SVC, and SOC2 nonconference wins did the SOC have last season? I know of at least 5 this season. FACTS are FACTS.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Well, lets compare this years SOC to last years. IMO it is definatley weak compared to the recent years. I'm not comparing the SOC to outside competition, but within the league. Inside the SOC, the teams aren't as good as they have been recently.

I don't want to go into it, but if you played the top 3 SOCI schools vs. the top 3 SOCII schools, the SOCII school would win all 3 of them by 20.
Western vs Oak Hill -20 pt game
Eastern vs Valley -20 pt game
East vs Waverly -20 pt game
Not just the SOCII, but if you compared the top 3 teams of our league and put them up against the top 3 teams from most other leagues, odds are the SOC is going down.

hook em horns
Freshman Team

Post by hook em horns »

4thquarter wrote: It depends on how bad you want it when you get there, it don't matter if your the #8 seed.

That is the biggest farce I have ever heard. Its not about how bad you want it, everybody wants it bad and everybody works hard. I always laugh when I hear coaches and people say that. Its about execution and talent and yes playing with intensity but its a joke to say Team A won because they wanted it more.

Yes, Manchester proved there were jobbed with the seedings. For people to say it doesn't matter what seed a team has is not looking at it realistically. Oak Hill is clearly the best team in the District in which any team would want to stay away from.

Return to “Boys Basketball”