Athens Shriners Preview

Excoach78
Freshman Team

Re: Athens Shriners Preview

Post by Excoach78 »

pfloyd, hated not being there and seeing you. Can't wait to see you and talk some hoops.I was doing some scouting for coach Maddox and Duck tonight. How about those Warriors!!

Maximus the Merciful
Waterboy

Post by Maximus the Merciful »

Cm

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

This will probably be the last time I see most of these teams until tournament time. I couldn't really take much from this. I didn't like the three foul rule, in the first game key players from both teams sit out over half the game with two fouls. I say it is a preview let them play so we can see the players. In the second game Warren looked good, had some great three ball shooters. That been said I have to say Howie wasn't even coaching. I have never watched one of his teams get beat up and down the floor like that and leave a three ball shooter wide open on the wing every trip down the floor. My take on this for the most part was the majority of coaches weren't trying to win. They played every player an equal amount of time and tried not to show other teams much. If I were ranking teams I wouldn't do it by this preview because it didn't really show me anything team wise. Overall I was disappointed in the coaches for not trying to win their games. They are going to be scouted all year long anyway.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Most teams had practice or a scrimmage before the preview. If they're gonna waste their time going why even go. I love that they have it but would like to see more effort from the teams

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... The other Athens freshman is Ryan Luehrman. (not Kyle McCarthy) ... Good overview though, not sure I can add anything - you pretty much covered it all.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I bet Athens 8th grade team was tough last year

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks 93dog ... I had it right in front of me on the program and ended up looking "one low" - I typed Ryan then slid down one LOL ... you saw me 93dog - I'm an old man with bad eyes - had to move down to press row just so I could see the floor!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Yea Floyd, your ancient man ... I'm surprised you even made it up 3 rows to sit at the table Friday ... Perhaps we can get you a wheelchair next season so you can get even closer to the floor.

Perhaps mis-typing a name has to do with informational overload Floyd ... You need to take it easy and rest up for the loooooong season ahead buddy ... these 'all-day affairs' your trying to pull off this early in the season is just crazy ... lol ... heck, you still have the Zane Trace Classic and the Hoops Invitational to make it through.

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

did any one else play for wellston other than the starters in the preview.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Andrew Richards, Dakota Brown, Nigel Courts, Austin Craig, Justus Ousley and Blake Warrington all scored Friday zipper1 ... I can't remember who started and who all played.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Justus Ousley had the lone dunk on the evening !!! a legit put down that was called off for a "questionable" walk ... I'll give it to him anyway it's the holiday season!!!! ...

bballmom
Waterboy

Post by bballmom »

That was a beautiful dunk, I say it should have stood.I believe Ousley got robbed on that one,either way great job to him.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

It was a good dunk and a nice play but I thought the travel was a good call. Maybe a call u let go in a preview

Return to “Boys Basketball”