SE

Re: South Gallia vs. Ironton St. Joe - Wellston Sectional

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats to the Flyers. Good Luck vs. Oak Hill

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

Well nice way to try and make a comeback in the 2nd half, rebels. Also, Congrats to the senior rebels. I know that they had a pretty hard athletic season to go out on this season. It's also nice to know that some of the underclassmen loved to play with those seniors. I know that freshman, Cory Haner and junior, Bryce Clary were very upset that they couldn't come out with a victory not only for themselves but for the seniors. Nice game Caleb and Jacob! Good season, rebels! Underclassmen, keep your heads up and be ready to play next season.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Rebels didnt show up to play until the second half last night. Congrats to St. Joe on the win.

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

st.joe is gonna need A LOT of luck 2 even hang with the oaks

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations Flyers!

Fr Glockner
Riding the Bench

Post by Fr Glockner »

-varsity- wrote:st.joe is gonna need A LOT of luck 2 even hang with the oaks

Whatever it takes! Stranger things have happened.

Good job by the Flyers last night.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Oak Hill will be a very hard team to handle for anyone in DIV this year. I just dont see Oak Hill running into any problems until they get to the Regional Championship. They are too big, too fast, and can shoot the lights out. They are up there with the 06' Webster team.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Very true about the Oaks but I think St. Joe will show up anyway. Thanks for the "heads up" though.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

I have no doubt that the Flyers will show up and give them everything they got. It kind of reminds me of the movie Hoosiers. Good Luck to the Flyers!

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

This is the Flyer team I've been waiting for. They should have several guys in double figures every game. If these guys could have balanced out scoring and rebounding around Harvey consistently all year, then St. Joe would have won a lot more games. It is great that all of the players are starting to contribute more and more each game. Pat, Joey, Caleb, Unger, Blair, Young, and Riley have always been capable of being in double figures since the beginning of the year, and it is good that all of them are finally in a rhythm going into the tournament and playing well. Couldn't have asked for a better time to catch fire.
Congratulations Flyers!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Oh well Rebels... There is always next year for all of you underclassmen and besides, this game really didn't matter, it was just a play in game for the winner to get smoked by Oak Hill next week.. And another good thing is now the players that don't play baseball can start training for football a week earlier. And I would also like to say congrats to TOOTH, you made tremendous progress this year and I can't wait to see how much better you'll be next year. And remember, speed training starts Monday!!!!!!!!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 We'll drop that 40 time down to a 4.4 easily..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

mercerville monster wrote:Rebels didnt show up to play until the second half last night. Congrats to St. Joe on the win.

Probably should have had the JV coach give that brick wall speech before the game instead of waiting till half time. :122245
friday_nite_fan wrote:Oh well Rebels... There is always next year for all of you underclassmen and besides, this game really didn't matter, it was just a play in game for the winner to get smoked by Oak Hill next week.. And another good thing is now the players that don't play baseball can start training for football a week earlier. And I would also like to say congrats to TOOTH, you made tremendous progress this year and I can't wait to see how much better you'll be next year. And remember, speed training starts Monday!!!!!!!!!!!! :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 We'll drop that 40 time down to a 4.4 easily..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure it would have mattered if you had won. :lol:

Marshall_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Marshall_Fan »

Not really, then they would have to face Oak Hill..it would have stopped there. :|

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Marshall_Fan wrote:Not really, then they would have to face Oak Hill..it would have stopped there. :|

Whoooooaaa wait a minute what happened to all that positive talk about gelling at the right time, coaches motivating players to run through brick walls, SG teams taking down better teams in the tourny, almost beating Waterford last year and SW a few years ago?

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Take it easy Motivator. We had some SENIORS on the team that wont play anymore. Good Luck to St. Joe.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

futurebkstar wrote:Take it easy Motivator. We had some SENIORS on the team that wont play anymore. Good Luck to St. Joe.

Wait a minute now I am not the one saying this game meant nothing. That would be your own fans. So maybe tell them about the seniors, and how important that game was to them, instead of just acting like no one cared about the game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”