Southern at Waterford for the TVC Hocking Title 2-24-09

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Re: Southern at Waterford for the TVC Hocking Title 2-24-09

Post by BleedingPurple&Gold »

tripledoubleforlife wrote:Why is all of the southern fans worried about keeping Cunningham on the bench when you just said that the kid is not good. As for BleedingPurple&Gold, Cunningham will play D-1 Wright State or Minnesota, if you could seen him before he got sick right before your game he was packing at 260. He moved anyone he played against, he has lost about 20 to 30 lbs from being sick all winter. Like you would know anyways you just sit behind a computer down grading teenagers during the day which must be mature this day in age. Your just jealous that you don't have the opportunities that he does

Cunningham is big and can play ball I will give him that, I am just saying he wont be playing D1 play. I just cant see a D1 one school looking at kids from the around here, I meen waterford, racine are small towns not many people know about them. If he does play D1 thats great good for him. He was weak and slow the first game if that was from sickness that suck someone being that sick thats not good hopefully he his well now and getting wieght and power back and if thats the case he should have a huge game tonite.

Good luck Southern Bring the TVC Hocking title home

Good luck southern

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Oh if he keeps out of foul trouble he WILL have a great game tonight. He has not been in foul trouble very much this year. I'm thinking he will go for 20 points and 20 rebounds but Southern won't bring it in his house tonight so he won't have that many blocks. If Southern has any chance of winning they are going to have to pour in the threes. The reference of Waterford not being a shooter's gym is very accurate. A team like Fort Frye comes in every year that is always a great shooting team and can't ever make anything. Oh and by the way, Bleeder you might want to use a spell check because your grammar skills are quite pathetic. Although that would be acceptable in a Meigs county high school but it wouldn't be acceptable in a pre-school in Washington County. :lol: :-D :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

You can keep wishing there chuckster. Go back to your glory days and dream all you want. Especially since you think you are the only one on here who has a set of stones to speak what is on his mind....Oh yea...... ;-)

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was a good one olay135 my grammar is bad only thing is I never went to school in Meigs County.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

If Southern wins wouldnt that put them and Waterford with the same TVC record?

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

classof86 wrote:If Southern wins wouldnt that put them and Waterford with the same TVC record?

That is correct.

Anybody have updates?

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

didn't get a chance to go to the game but I heared Southern lost

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

Not sure on the score but I think Waterford won by 24. They led by 30+ most of the second half. Cunningham and Strahler took over in the second half. You don't see to many 7 ft guys leading the break in transition but he did quite a bit tonight. I was very surprised how many fast break points Waterford had. I know one of Southern's players went down in the second half. Hope he is okay for tournaments. Congrats to the CATS on the big win. Also congrats to Southern on a great regular season. Good luck to both teams in the tournament.

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Well good job Waterford hope u knock trimble out in 1st round...

So does anyone know who got hurt for southern

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

#32. He was shooting a jumper and came down on something wrong.

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

thanks for the info that is Roberts hope he gets better we will need for him to play and get hot in the tournament.

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

Congrats Waterford. Does anyone have any stats or update on Weston.

The Filthy One
Waterboy

Post by The Filthy One »

Waterford dominates 75-53

Cunningham-38 pts, 26 reb
Strahler-22 pts
Miller-8 pts

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

I would have to say Cunningham made his case for POY. 38 pts and 26 rebounds is quite an accomplishment. And this was in a game that meant something,the tvc championship was on the line.

SeeSawItAll
Waterboy

Post by SeeSawItAll »

roberts suffered an ankle injury :cry: :cry: but don't know to what extent..... hopefully he will be ready for tues. vs symms....southern needs this player

good luck #32 :122249

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

How was the officials ?

SeeSawItAll
Waterboy

Post by SeeSawItAll »

take a guess!!!! i would have liked to have seen this game played on a neutral court. not saying southern would have won, (and maybe they would have if a few things would have went their way that should have)....but it would have been a different ballgame for sure!

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Steely Dan wrote:
Chuck Taylor wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Before my thoughts about the game. PT - What happened to Papa Smurf??????

LOL!!!!

Waterford is a tough place to play, and for a team that relys upon their outside shooting, it is even tougher. This gym is just tough to shoot in, period.

I don't like the odds, as the does rely upon their outside shooting to get their game going, and going inside against the Wildcats really isn't an option, unless you feed the post high and drive straight at the big boy, as he tries to block everything, and may get in foul trouble, if you play smart.

Should be an interesting game. If H2Oford wins both crowns, I would not be surprised.

I cant believe i find myself somewaht agreeing with Meely Dan. The does cant win one. Too much against them to overcome:

1. Officiating - Farmer Yoder will absolutely drill them.
2. Tradition - Waterford is building a solid basketball tradition in the TVC.
3. Talent - The Big Boy will dominate in that crackerbox gym.
4. Nickname - We used to be the "hustlin purple tornadoes". Now we are the "'does". A girly nickname cant help our mental toughness.
5. Priorities - When Howie was coaching in Racine, basketball was "priority 4" behind God, Family, and School. Baseball has filled that role in todays atheltic landscape at Racine HS.

As i said before....Pitchers and catchers report!

Chucky - I hope you feel superior by butchering my user name. That is probably the most juvenile method of trying to insult someone. Oh, I apologize, maybe I have you confused with Trimble Juvenile. Your writing style sure seems similar, as does Koondoggers, Coach K, and a round of other pseudonyms used on here by one or two people.

All of that silliness aside, it is going to come down to Southern's ability to shoot well in the gym at the elementary school in Waterford. It is unforgiving, to teams that like to shoot outside. I hope that Southern has some success, at least to make it interesting.

Gym size - Waterford is not a crackerbox, not by any stretch. Same size as Southern in my opinion, more seating than Trouble and Eastern, about the same as the High Life, and takes a second seat to Fed Hock in terms of gym size. The only difference is that Waterford has climate controls in their gym, while Southern has one temperature, and that is BROIL!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Good luck to both teams, this one ought to be a dandy.

several pseudonyms huh? well maybe i could get some lessons from you there steely mcLintock and be more diverse in my posts? :122249 seriously, coming from you, the master of pseudonymity, your post is a compliment. but unlike you who seemingly has all day and night to play on the computer, i barely have enough time to post under one name. but us young people have a lot more activities going on than most gold card carriers do i guess. :lol:

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

I would like to thank the fans at waterford for taking up a little collection to assist/supplement my efforts in winning the tvc for waterford. It sure was fun keeping yet another title out of the hands of Racine...

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Farmer Yoder wrote:I would like to thank the fans at waterford for taking up a little collection to assist/supplement my efforts in winning the tvc for waterford. It sure was fun keeping yet another title out of the hands of Racine...

^^^^ unquestionably hilarious, however true it certainly is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :122245 :122245 :122245 :-D :-D :-D :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :122245 :122245 :122245 :-D :-D :-D :twisted:

Return to “Boys Basketball”