Wheelersburg vs Fairland 2/28

therepublican
Varsity

Wheelersburg vs Fairland 2/28

Post by therepublican »

Well, any thoughts on this game? Good win for both teams in their first round. Burg looked good against Rock Hill, and all I can say about Fairland is FAST. What do you all think?

jl724
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg vs Fairland 2/28

Post by jl724 »

both teams are good.
but if fairland doesnt get two of there starters healthy this could be a tough one.
cant wait to see this one.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

burg by 10

repairman
Waterboy

Post by repairman »

I would never count the Dragons out on this one.

The Dragons always seem to play alot better against a good team.

If Cole and Zach can recover from their on going injuries that they have been trying to play through, I think the Dragons will give Wheelersburg a good game.

I hope by Saturday everyone on the team is healthy. Not only is the team experiencing some injuries, but the flu is also being passed around among some of the players.

Best of luck boys on Saturday.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

From what I understand Fairland plays 4 guards and they can all score. Wheelersburg looked good in the first quarter last night but after that it got a little ugly. If Wheelersburg plays like they did in the first quarter last night they will be alright but if not it could be a long night.

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

Both teams had good first rounds wins. Wheelersburg played a really good first half but came out in the second half and just really didn't care they knew they had the game won. Nick Kemper had a really good game and so did Stegman, Schankweiler, Ward and Lang. I feel that if they all have a good game again then it's going to be a good game. If we are in a slump then its going to be a long night with a win at the end.

Fairland had a really rough first half with Wellston. That game should have never been that close in the first half. Fairland just wasn't Fairland. I will give them one thing they are quick but if the Burg controls the tempo then they have no chance.

WE ARE THE BURG
BURG--52
Fairland--41

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Wheelersburg better come ready to play the whole game if not they will be going home upset and we will be on here talking about next year. I see this one being close. Wheelersburg will slow the pace down to keep the ball away from Fairlands shooters. I'm sure will be playing quite a bit of zone against Wheelersburg.

panthersnaps
Waterboy

Post by panthersnaps »

If fairland can play the burg like they play us they could easily come out with the win. If the injured guys can play i expect fairland to win, but without them i see wheelersburg getting the win.

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

This should be a really fun game to watch. Fairland, from what I saw, likes to get the ball to the outlet fast and down the court to the bucket as quick as possible. Burg on the other hand, likes to play a halfcourt game, even stall a little bit and control the clock..should be interesting. I think though, Burg has seen quickness this year in Minford and Valley and has played through it more than once, I don't think there is too much to fear. I think Burg's game plan according to Fairland's height, is GET THE BALL TO ANDY STEGMAN...period. He should walk away from this game with 20-25 points off second chance rebounds and easy inside buckets. But who knows...again it is tourny time. Fairland seems to be tricky and should be respected. The only problem I noticed from them, was a few times their coach was talking to other players on the bench, and their players were asking what play to run and never got an answer..this happened more than once actually, I don't know what that was all about. Again, this is like night and day playing eachother...should be a fun one..just dreading the drive to Jackson...ugg..maybe the worst drive ever.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Good luck to the Pirates. Lets keep some Scioto County teams in the tournament.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

This game pits two regional semi-finalist from last year. The dragons IMO are the better team but have been inconsistent all year. The dragons are also battling injuries but I believe the dragons will win if they value their possessions. It will be interesting if FHS plays zone and forces the pirates to score from the outside. Stegman is a good player if the dragons hold him under 30 they win. I also see whichever team wins making it to at least the district finales. The thing I like about FHS is they are very balanced. I think 6 to 8 kids at one time or the other have been high scorer through out this year not many teams can say that. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

BEST OF LUCK TO THE DRAGONS! GIVE IT YOUR BEST GUYS, ESPECIALLY TO THE SENIORS IN THEIR FINAL SEASON. GO OUT ON A GOOD NOTE....WITH SPORTSMANSHIP, CLASS, AND RESPECT. GREAT BUNCH OF BOYS!

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

First team to 50 wins! Stegman wont have 30 but every point he gets over 18 increases burgs chances of winning.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

sounds to me like a game for "barrick". tempo, tempo, tempo...sounds like rebounding and tempo control can bring about a burg win.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Fairland will be outcoached in this one as Burg will find a way to control tempo....Pirates by 8.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Burg by 15.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

It will be interesting to see who wins the battle of tempo.......I look for Fairland to try and push it up the court, while the Burg will try to play more of a half court game........this should be a close game all the way.

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Fairlands quick guards will control the tempo and the Dragons will pull out a close one. The big guy for the Burg will get his because he's a tough matchup for Fairland. Hatfield, Fisher and Bloomfield are fast as anyone we've seen, so why does Fairland never press? Just wondering

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

bucking red wrote:Stegman is a good player if the dragons hold him under 30 they win.

Well Fairland should win easily if that is the case. I might be wrong but I don't think Andy has ever scored 30 points in a game. So everyone has held him under 30 points so far. I wouldn't think that Fairland would be any different.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

not even going to choose a winner but I am going with it will go to OT

Return to “Boys Basketball”