North Adams vs Portsmouth

art_vandelay
SE

Re: North Adams vs Portsmouth

Post by art_vandelay »

dmills: how did NA "not have any business being there?" They won that game but for one of the biggest official screwups in OHSAA history.*

Gold.and.Green88
Freshman Team

Post by Gold.and.Green88 »

I went to every game that season... no one had more "business" being there then those kids.

TrojanBuff
JV Team

Post by TrojanBuff »

Go Trojans!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

What do you mean they didn't have any business being there. The don't have the trophy but they won the state that year!

rockfish
Riding the Bench

Post by rockfish »

Call it sour grapes but this game should have went to OT. Before the last second shot Unger clearly had the ball pinned to his hip and walked with the ball before the shot.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

This game did go to OT.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

SHL might think they can compete with the SEOAL, but the SVC is wiping the floor with SHL teams.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Not sure what that means?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SVC is wiping the floor of SHL teams?

I agree. ZT over Peebles.....very legit ZT was the 3rd place team and Peebles the 2nd place....congrats to ZT, very impressive.

The others wins were upper SVC teams vs middle to bottom of the SHL teams weren't they.

Either way the SVC has a good chance at some regional representation. Piketon might have state ability...but Ironton first.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

We SVC'ers get put down so much as being a "weak" league compared to SHL and SOC II we have to gloat when we can! haha!

We don't get to enjoy it very often! :122249 :122249

2Legit2Quit
Waterboy

Post by 2Legit2Quit »

rockfish wrote:Call it sour grapes but this game should have went to OT. Before the last second shot Unger clearly had the ball pinned to his hip and walked with the ball before the shot.

Are you kidding Rockfish? There was nothing unfair about that final play. If you wanna knit-pick then I would say that Williams fouled out early in the OT when a charge was not called on him. The Green Devils won fair and square in a hard fought game.
Good luck at the Convo!

rockfish
Riding the Bench

Post by rockfish »

2Legit2Quit wrote:Are you kidding Rockfish? There was nothing unfair about that final play. If you wanna knit-pick then I would say that Williams fouled out early in the OT when a charge was not called on him. The Green Devils won fair and square in a hard fought game.
Good luck at the Convo!

Speaking of Williams I wasn't going to bring up the fact he had two fouls called on him and he wasn't even close to the other player. It forces me to say some of the calls were not "Legit".
Good luck to the Green Devils.

hoopscoop
Waterboy

Post by hoopscoop »

Both teams gave it all they had and it was a great game.Lets not blame officials coaches or players,the best team won a tough game.No one was dirty just a hard played game by both teams it was a treat.So lets give both teams the respect they deserve and move on!NA and portsmouth gave any fan something to remember,so lets just be glad we all could see such a great game between a bunch of kids!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

THANK YOU!

good luck to North Adams.

Return to “Boys Basketball”