SEOPS HO

Re: Zane Trace (11-9) vs. Huntington (10-10) 2/25

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Sounds like I missed a good one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Zane Trace fans have no room to be talking about sportsmanship.

BrutusBuckeye
Waterboy

Post by BrutusBuckeye »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Zane Trace fans have no room to be talking about sportsmanship.

Neither do Huntington fans!!! Maybe #3 did that and if he did he was wrong, but I think the ZT Varsity Boys conduct themselves overall, very well on and off the court. I have never seen one of them throw the ball extremely hard when they get a call they disagree with, I have never seen them act like idiots when fouls are called on them, and I have certainly never seen one of them walk off the court and not shake hands with the other team!! That is pathetic and uncalled for!! Believe me when I say that last night ZT fans got to see all of this from the Huntington players!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I'm not talking about players. Zane Trace fans acted like idiots last night. Don't get on here and bash Huntington players when you have fans acting like that.

BrutusBuckeye
Waterboy

Post by BrutusBuckeye »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:I'm not talking about players. Zane Trace fans acted like idiots last night. Don't get on here and bash Huntington players when you have fans acting like that.

Fans - players, what is the difference?? Huntington has always been known for having terrible fans and non-sportmanslike conduct from players. I am not bashing the players -- I am just speaking about what I saw from their players the other night against ZT and the behavior was uncalled for!! Like I said, they should be able to lose with class!! You didn't see ZT players acting like that when they were down and when they lost their 8 point lead and almost lost the game. They fought for everything they got and fought with class!!

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

Classic ZT always act like they do no wrong.... 32# should have shook hands..That was the right thing to do. But 3# shouldn't have "tauted" the Huntington fans with his idoitic display. Lack of sportsmanship on both parties so don't act like this was a one sided affair..................

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Brutus,
It's the pot calling the kettle black. You expect 15, 16, 17, 18 year old kids to act properly in the heat of the moment when their parents and other adults they look up to don't?
Maybe Zane Trace players acted "perfectly" (at least in your eyes) but rest assured their fans were far from it. Zane Trace fans need to clean up their act before coming on sites like this and pointing fingers at Huntington players.

You are not winning with class.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

BrutusBuckeye wrote:
tigers2010onhuddle wrote:I'm not talking about players. Zane Trace fans acted like idiots last night. Don't get on here and bash Huntington players when you have fans acting like that.

Fans - players, what is the difference?? Huntington has always been known for having terrible fans and non-sportmanslike conduct from players. I am not bashing the players -- I am just speaking about what I saw from their players the other night against ZT and the behavior was uncalled for!! Like I said, they should be able to lose with class!! You didn't see ZT players acting like that when they were down and when they lost their 8 point lead and almost lost the game. They fought for everything they got and fought with class!!

Huntington has always been known for having terrible fans? Please explain that one. I did not attend this game , out of town for work , but after speaking to some that did I dont believe that Zane Trace better scream too loud about behavior of anyone except maybe their Coach, whom I understand did not act like a fool. And #3 , who I had to look up to know who he was , should have fouled out during the first half. Freind I talked to , who is from Southeastern and has no ties to either school, said he fouled on about every defensive possession, so I wouldnt cry about much . And from what he said? Yes he did say that to that side of the crowd, so I wonder what he said during the game.

BrutusBuckeye
Waterboy

Post by BrutusBuckeye »

wing-t wrote:Classic ZT always act like they do no wrong.... 32# should have shook hands..That was the right thing to do. But 3# shouldn't have "tauted" the Huntington fans with his idoitic display. Lack of sportsmanship on both parties so don't act like this was a one sided affair..................

I did not say that it was a one-sided affair. I said that I didn't see #3 do that, so I didn't know if he did or not. I did not condone him doing it - just simply said that I didn't see him.
tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Brutus,
It's the pot calling the kettle black. You expect 15, 16, 17, 18 year old kids to act properly in the heat of the moment when their parents and other adults they look up to don't?
Maybe Zane Trace players acted "perfectly" (at least in your eyes) but rest assured their fans were far from it. Zane Trace fans need to clean up their act before coming on sites like this and pointing fingers at Huntington players.

I am not sure what you are saying. I am saying that our 15, 16, 17, and 18 year olds did act properly (except for the #3 incident), so they must be looking up to our ZT parents and other adults. I am saying that I saw a few Huntington players have quite the attitude, so evidently you are saying that they don't have parents or other adults to look up to. I am not saying our fans are perfect, because they aren't by any means, but they didn't act any differently then Huntington fans did that night. Our players did act differently than the Huntington players. I am not bashing Huntington players, just simply stating that they could have acted with a more sportsmanlike attitude. That is my point to this whole conversation and this conversation started by me agreeing with Kickinurz about #32 from Huntington, and then tigers2010onhuddle got on and started bashing ZT fans!! Explain to me what ZT fans did that night that was any different than Huntington fans??

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

BrutusBuckeye wrote:
wing-t wrote:Classic ZT always act like they do no wrong.... 32# should have shook hands..That was the right thing to do. But 3# shouldn't have "tauted" the Huntington fans with his idoitic display. Lack of sportsmanship on both parties so don't act like this was a one sided affair..................

I did not say that it was a one-sided affair. I said that I didn't see #3 do that, so I didn't know if he did or not. I did not condone him doing it - just simply said that I didn't see him.
tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Brutus,

I am not sure what you are saying. I am saying that our 15, 16, 17, and 18 year olds did act properly (except for the #3 incident), so they must be looking up to our ZT parents and other adults. I am saying that I saw a few Huntington players have quite the attitude, so evidently you are saying that they don't have parents or other adults to look up to. I am not saying our fans are perfect, because they aren't by any means, but they didn't act any differently then Huntington fans did that night. Our players did act differently than the Huntington players. I am not bashing Huntington players, just simply stating that they could have acted with a more sportsmanlike attitude. That is my point to this whole conversation and this conversation started by me agreeing with Kickinurz about #32 from Huntington, and then tigers2010onhuddle got on and started bashing ZT fans!! Explain to me what ZT fans did that night that was any different than Huntington fans??

I am still waiting to hear what the Huntington fans did? And i have watched ZT play SE 2 times this year, they were hardly choir boys there either, I dont have numbers but the attitude was evident with them both times . I doubt that is was disabled against the Huntsmen wednesday night.

the pink panther
Waterboy

Post by the pink panther »

I rarely post on this site, because of the garbage above, but I was at the game and can comment on both teams fans being just that.... fans. It was a heated game that was back and forth from the tip of the ball and sometimes fans get a little excited at games like these, because they want their son, daughter, brother, sister, cousin, friend, neighbor, etc. to play well and they want their team to win, but I did not see anything out of the ordinary at this game from both teams fans or players that does not happen at some point during any high school, college, or profesional sporting event. I sometimes think people just look for things to complain about in life, because they are either living through their kids or they are just unhappy people. I just want to inform everyone that the outcome of this game has no bearing on anyone's life and you need to understand that these are just high school kids playing high school sports and it doesn't really matter in the end!

-Good day

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

the pink panther wrote:I rarely post on this site, because of the garbage above, but I was at the game and can comment on both teams fans being just that.... fans. It was a heated game that was back and forth from the tip of the ball and sometimes fans get a little excited at games like these, because they want their son, daughter, brother, sister, cousin, friend, neighbor, etc. to play well and they want their team to win, but I did not see anything out of the ordinary at this game from both teams fans or players that does not happen at some point during any high school, college, or profesional sporting event. I sometimes think people just look for things to complain about in life, because they are either living through their kids or they are just unhappy people. I just want to inform everyone that the outcome of this game has no bearing on anyone's life and you need to understand that these are just high school kids playing high school sports and it doesn't really matter in the end!

-Good day

Excellent Post PinkPanther..... Outside the the comments on the "game" itself, probably one of the better post between these two rival schools. It is just to bad one of them had to lose.

Return to “Boys Basketball”