Oak Hill vs. Ironton St. Joe @ Wellston 3/3

Who wins?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Total votes: 0

Regulator
All Conference

Re: Oak Hill vs. Ironton St. Joe @ Wellston 3/3

Post by Regulator »

From my understanding, Oak Hill plays a Zone defense. Did any of you maybe think that St. Joe was well coached and disciplined enough to run some time off the clock to spread the zone out a little? Sounds like St. Joe was well prepared and did a good job of keeping the score down to where they might have had a chance to keep it close.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I think they were just afraid to penetrate the zone

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

classof86 wrote:I wasn't very impressed with Oak Hill. This could have been one of the most boring games I have ever seen. Ironton St Joe took about 2 minutes every possession to set up there offense, they were boys playing against men, but I dont look for Oak Hill to make it out of districts.

What a jackass statement. You have no clue class of 86. Keep posting your stupid comments and I'm sure everyone will have a field day with you all the way to Columbus.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Oak Hill will get a challenge next round from Fairfield but if they play their normal game they should be able to win fairly easily. Western/Reedsville winner can't beat them. Manchester/Waterford winner could challenge but dont think they will beat them. Southern is not playing well enough to beat them right now either. So it does look like Regionals to me.

Fr Glockner
Riding the Bench

Post by Fr Glockner »

classof86 wrote:I think they were just afraid to penetrate the zone

Did you notice the height advantage that Oak Hill had over the Flyers? Oak Hill is a good team that is talented and well coached. They should go far.

St. Joe has a nice team, especially when you consider the size of their talent pool. They played hard all year and beat many teams from schools much larger than them. There's no shame in losing to the Oaks. Good job Flyers. It's time to play some baseball.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Oak Hill was tall and St Joes was terrible

Fr Glockner
Riding the Bench

Post by Fr Glockner »

St. Joe is not terrible. Oak Hill is very good. That doesn't mean every team they beat is terrible. When Oak Hill gets beat will you declare them "terrible"? I doubt it. Some teams are better than others. So what!

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Oak Hill played sluggish that game, but when you have 11 days off without playing a game that is going to happen.
The fans nor the players seemed to be into the game all that much.
Oak Hill will have everything going just fine in their next game

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

Oaks should cruise into the regionals with no problem. The firs test won't come until the regional finals.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

falconater wrote:Oaks should cruise into the regionals with no problem. The firs test won't come until the regional finals.

That may be their downfall. They will not be challenged until Regional finals. If they go through the motions then when they do play a team up to their standards they may not have the edge it takes to win. Just my take!! I could be proven wrong. However, I do feel the games at the Convo will be closer then people think.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Wow! Are you guys even going to play in the districts or should we just put you in the regional finals. Where maybe someone will be worthy to play you. I can't believe this team is not undefeated.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

not all people think that buddy down give our school a bad name because of other peoples opinions..norm and the boys know they have to take it one game at a time..and prepare for that game each day in practice...GO OAKS

Return to “Boys Basketball”