Eastern Pike vs. Eastern Meigs 3/2 @ Wellston

beaverlover
SE

Re: Eastern Pike vs. Eastern Meigs 3/2 @ Wellston

Post by beaverlover »

Congrats to Eastern Meigs on there trip to the Convo!! Howie continues to prove he is one of the better coaches in our area. As for people blaming Coach Fitch...He can NOT go out there and make free throws,take care of the basketball,make lay ups,or play defense.I like everyone else have questioned decisions from time to time....However he did not lose this game!!! The problems we had on the court got us beat, not Coach Fitch.That being said,Had fun watching the Eagles this year and will return a solid core next season.Good luck to Meigs the rest of the way!!!

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Onebunter---that's exactly the type of childish, backwoods retarded statements that make people lose great coaches. If you don't want him I know of about 3 schools who really do. Unfortunately(for us) , he really cares for your kids and your school. Looking from the outside in and listening to some of you idiots this season blows my mind. Do you realize you had at BEST a .500 ballclub. I would say without the coaching you had Eastern finishes with no more than 6 or 7 wins. Stupid people. hey coach, drop the the lost cause with these people who wouldn't know a basketball if it hit them in the face and come to our school where you'll have some support and everyone realizes their kids aren't all D1 superstars. Good luck next season coach.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

not meigs, beaver lover, eastern. that makes alot of difference.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Frog Guys

Great job on the radio.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

beaverlover wrote:Congrats to Eastern Meigs on there trip to the Convo!! Howie continues to prove he is one of the better coaches in our area. As for people blaming Coach Fitch...He can NOT go out there and make free throws,take care of the basketball,make lay ups,or play defense.I like everyone else have questioned decisions from time to time....However he did not lose this game!!! The problems we had on the court got us beat, not Coach Fitch.That being said,Had fun watching the Eagles this year and will return a solid core next season.Good luck to Meigs the rest of the way!!!

I can't tell from your post, so how was it? Was it Howdee's great coaching, or that he was facing a bad team?

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

HOWWWWW DEEEEEE!!! :lol:

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I have a feeling Eastern is going back to Regionals this year.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

Being at the game last night, I question why we did not run a more up tempo game--Eastern (brown) has been alot more successful this season when doing so--why allow the opponents so much time to set up their defense????

Good job to Kevin last night who stepped up his offensive game--one would have to wonder if he could not have been doing that all season if given more opportunities---who knows---maybe next year!!!

As for Onebunters comments---why is everyone so testy??? --this forum is only opinions and should be left at that. Beaverlover you are quick to blame the boys for this loss, but in retrospect a coach and team should both hold the burden and responsibility to win ballgames. He makes the decisions and they execute; therefore it is a TEAM effort--how many teams do you know out there who do not have a coach? I believe they are there for a reason and coaches need to take responsibility for the decisions they make---whether right or wrong people will question because that is what people do. As far as the boys go--they deserve a little more respect than what is given---they work hard and are not perfect---I am proud of their efforts this year.

Wish it were us going to the Convo (I know 2 seniors who really wanted it), but anyway good luck to Reedsville.

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

bystander wrote:Being at the game last night, I question why we did not run a more up tempo game--Eastern (brown) has been alot more successful this season when doing so--why allow the opponents so much time to set up their defense????

Good job to Kevin last night who stepped up his offensive game--one would have to wonder if he could not have been doing that all season if given more opportunities---who knows---maybe next year!!!

As for Onebunters comments---why is everyone so testy??? --this forum is only opinions and should be left at that. Beaverlover you are quick to blame the boys for this loss, but in retrospect a coach and team should both hold the burden and responsibility to win ballgames. He makes the decisions and they execute; therefore it is a TEAM effort--how many teams do you know out there who do not have a coach? I believe they are there for a reason and coaches need to take responsibility for the decisions they make---whether right or wrong people will question because that is what people do. As far as the boys go--they deserve a little more respect than what is given---they work hard and are not perfect---I am proud of their efforts this year.

Wish it were us going to the Convo (I know 2 seniors who really wanted it), but anyway good luck to Reedsville.

Sounds like a couple ticked off moms to me.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

bystander wrote:Being at the game last night, I question why we did not run a more up tempo game--Eastern (brown) has been alot more successful this season when doing so--why allow the opponents so much time to set up their defense????

I am not blaming anyone other than Eastern Meigs!! That is why we lost! They outplayed us and deserved to win.They made plays in the 4th qtr that they needed to make...So for that,I congratualte them and move on!! Eastern Pike's future looks good with all but 3 seniors returning next season and a very good 8th grade team with Lands,Jackson and company...Should be pretty fun to watch the next 4 years.I think Coach Fitch can achieve some great things with these kids!!

Also want to say great job to Richie Wagner,Brian Osborne and Jacob Helton!! Have had fun watching these boys the last few years!! 3 good kids..and wish them luck!! Thanks for your dedication to the program!!

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

Hardfowl- the Daily Sentinel has Tyler Hendrix down for 6 points. I think thats where your two points you lost came from.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

brown eagles, sometimes you just lose. it is a hard thing to accept especially when it is the last game. it seems from the broadcast that your boys played very hard and your coach did his best. does that mean no one made a mistake, heck no. it just happened that green eagles where better, this time. you all seem like you care and you're great people. hug your kids, wish your 8th graders luck, send your coach to Rocksprings and see you hopefully under the same circumstances next year when maybe things change. don't let 1 loss eat you. your kids deserve better.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

George Jones wrote:

Sounds like a couple ticked off moms to me.

First off George you are way off base--stick to the country music---it really doesn't matter, but I nor One Bunter are "ticked off moms" ---in fact not moms at all, but thats irrelevant.
I'm not following where you get the comments made above are in anger---they are just simple comments--nothing more and a response to someone else's post.
I was watching after the game when Bryan Osborne's mom was waiting on him to come out of the locker
room, which by the way he and Jacob Helton were the last two out and were visibly upset that it was their last
game ever to be played for this school, she hugged both and I'm sure offered words of encouragemet. Maybe you understand nothing about the emotional ties to giving every thing you've got to a sport for 4 years and it not ending the way you had wished. (going to the Convo was very important to those 2 boys) Thats all the comment above was in reference too.

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

beaverlover wrote:

I am not blaming anyone other than Eastern Meigs!! That is why we lost! They outplayed us and deserved to win.They made plays in the 4th qtr that they needed to make...So for that,I congratualte them and move on!! Eastern Pike's future looks good with all but 3 seniors returning next season and a very good 8th grade team with Lands,Jackson and company...Should be pretty fun to watch the next 4 years.I think Coach Fitch can achieve some great things with these kids!!

Also want to say great job to Richie Wagner,Brian Osborne and Jacob Helton!! Have had fun watching these boys the last few years!! 3 good kids..and wish them luck!! Thanks for your dedication to the program!!

maybe I misunderstood your previous post, but sure sounded like you were putting blame on the boys and none on the coach, but anyway as I said before its all in team efforts---coaches and players together---in the end Reedsville played better---and are on their way to the Convo----I TOO WANT TO SAY FAREWELL TO 3 VERY DEDICATED PLAYERS TO EASTERN BASKETBALL---THEIR PRESENCE WILL SURELY BE MISSED!!!! I've enjoyed watching them grow and mature through the years. Good luck with future plans.

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

You people on here have no idea on how hard it was for bryan and jacob i mean i was hurt from loseing too but they were hurt much worse so all i can say is i enjoyed playin with them and wish they could be back next year.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

I have not commented on this game yet as I was unable to make it. However, after rading this, talking to some who were there, and discussing the game with some TVC contacts that I have, I'll give you my 2 cents.

1. Montgomery had a great offensive game, but struggled to guard the quicker Reedsville players. Wheeler was not well physically.

2. Howie is a good coach that is not afraid to spread the floor and even pull the ball out very early in a game if he has the lead (probably why no zone from Eastern-Pike as they were down a few points most of the game and probably why Montgomery played little when they were down in the 4th).

3. Onebunter is a goof and obviosly does not know basketball and has an axe to grind. Blaming the coach is insane, although from what I know of him I bet if you talked with him he would take full responsibility for the loss (its easier for most to type than to talk :roll: ) Maybe you should run a few suicides!

4. This is a team sport, therefore the "blame" for the loss should go to the team (including the staff).

5. I want to commend Osborne, Helton, and Wagner. Although I did not see every game, the games I were able to attend I felt as though all 3 represented their school and community well. I am sorry that you didn't make it to the Convo. They appear to be great young men and I will miss watching them play next season! I hope all 3 work as hard off the court so that they may be successful in life!

6. To the rest of the team, you have some big shoes to fill next season. Still, if you work hard in the off season, I think you will be right there competing for another league title and make it to the Convo!

bystander
Riding the Bench

Post by bystander »

WELL SAID--NEST!!! but I still believe people are entitled to opinions--just need to be careful how we express them sometimes. After all this should all be done in good sport.

Kole its your time now your team will depend on you next year for that leadership. Good luck!!!

Kole_Wheeler
Waterboy

Post by Kole_Wheeler »

I promise not to dissapoint.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Eaglesnest wrote:I have not commented on this game yet as I was unable to make it. However, after rading this, talking to some who were there, and discussing the game with some TVC contacts that I have, I'll give you my 2 cents.

1. Montgomery had a great offensive game, but struggled to guard the quicker Reedsville players. Wheeler was not well physically.

2. Howie is a good coach that is not afraid to spread the floor and even pull the ball out very early in a game if he has the lead (probably why no zone from Eastern-Pike as they were down a few points most of the game and probably why Montgomery played little when they were down in the 4th).

3. Onebunter is a goof and obviosly does not know basketball and has an axe to grind. Blaming the coach is insane, although from what I know of him I bet if you talked with him he would take full responsibility for the loss (its easier for most to type than to talk :roll: ) Maybe you should run a few suicides!

4. This is a team sport, therefore the "blame" for the loss should go to the team (including the staff).

5. I want to commend Osborne, Helton, and Wagner. Although I did not see every game, the games I were able to attend I felt as though all 3 represented their school and community well. I am sorry that you didn't make it to the Convo. They appear to be great young men and I will miss watching them play next season! I hope all 3 work as hard off the court so that they may be successful in life!

6. To the rest of the team, you have some big shoes to fill next season. Still, if you work hard in the off season, I think you will be right there competing for another league title and make it to the Convo!

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yep!
You were informed very well.
No need to knock the coach! He is a good one, and even a better person!
I think if Coach Fitch would have had a couple more timeouts, or more made Foul shots by Reedsville he coulda used Montgomery and Wheeler offense/defense respectively a little more..... Kevin did have trouble on "D" exspecially when EM went to the spread.
Beaver Eastern will be good next year, and should have a very talented freshman that could see some varisty time.

Well GO VIKES Back in the Convo again!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

bystander wrote:WELL SAID--NEST!!! but I still believe people are entitled to opinions--just need to be careful how we express them sometimes. After all this should all be done in good sport.

Kole its your time now your team will depend on you next year for that leadership. Good luck!!!

Agreed Bystander..Opinions are like __________, everybody has one. Not everybody "shows" theirs the same.

I think our negative opinionated poster from above showed their basketball intelect as Reedsville beat Western by 16 points! Maybe our boys and coaches didn't deserve all the negative crap!

And yes Kole, it is your time to step up and be a leader. In order to do that, you are going to have to learn to "bring it" every night if the team is going to do well next season. The others will follow your example. You can do it!
Last edited by Eaglesnest on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”