2010 Belpre Eagles

eaglefan1
Varsity

Re: 2010 Belpre Eagles

Post by eaglefan1 »

The lineup could be a combination of Tate, Parsons, Slattery, Waderker, Watkins, Miller, Williams, Campbell and Leasure..and also Clay Ullman could fit in there somewhere....If you're looking for size then the lineup would probably look like this: Tate, Miller or Slattery, Watkins, Campbell and Leasure...If you want speed and want to press then the lineup might look like this...Waderker, Parsons, Slattery or Williams, Tate, Watkins or Campbell...basketball is a game of matchups, Parsons will start and play who he thinks matches up the best against the other team. Basketball is also a very streaky game, and coaches notice stuff like that. If a kid has been hot all week at practice, making shots and was hot the game before, that kid might tend to play a little more than the kid who is in a slump...so if Williams has been shooting lights out and Miller or Slattery have been struggling at the offensive end, then Williams might start over them. Another thing is defense, Coach Parsons will put 5 guys out there who will defend and not be lazy. I feel pretty confident that this team can make a run tor a TVC title, sectional title, and a district title.

hardwork65
Waterboy

Post by hardwork65 »

williams and leausre and ullman wont start. they do not have the talent. i see tate, parsons, slattery, wadeker, watkins, miller, and campbell playing. i hear the new kid isnt bad so him also see him. that is 7 i see playing.

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

i disagree, the eagles could easily go 10 deep. Williams has the talent, he just needs someone to work with him...he has improved greatly since last season. Leasure is simply our only big man, we need him in there to rebound and take up some space.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

It sure is a good thing the new coach has a "brain trust" like you all to help him decide where, when, and how to play his kids.

He probably knew he could always turn here to SEOPS whenever he needed some coaching advice before he applied for the job.

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

2 freshmen could challenge for some varsity time. Hoffman and little Leasure may be a big surprise. Hoffman quick and gets the ball to the rim. Little Leasure is as tall or not taller than any big man we have. In building a program and you have freshmen with the same or better skills than a jr or sr do you cut the jr or sr to make room? runhallerun Coach Parsons doesn't need your help or ours but it's fun to talk about a program that has a new coach a new outlook. I can tell you this Coach won't be pressured by outside influences on who to play or who to sit.

Starting 5
Tate,Parsons,Miller,Leasure, Watkins. Defense and scoring. Slattery and Wadeker and Campbell off the bench. It doesn't matter who starts it's who finishes.

GO EAGLES!!!!

eaglefan1
Varsity

Post by eaglefan1 »

It doesn't matter who starts it's who finishes.

very well said....

It sure is a good thing the new coach has a "brain trust" like you all to help him decide where, when, and how to play his kids.

He probably knew he could always turn here to SEOPS whenever he needed some coaching advice before he applied for the job.

I am not trying ot give advice...i am just stating my opinion and starting trying to start some debate? Isn't that what SEOP is for?

bigred31
Riding the Bench

Post by bigred31 »

:lol: leasure will not start one game this year unless some one gets hurt...
starting 5 waderker,miller,tate,parsons,watkins
the top 3 off the bench will the be new kid jamal, slattery, and campbell

hardwork65
Waterboy

Post by hardwork65 »

i gotta agree with you bigred31. i have seen ryan leasure play. with dave as coach, he will play over his brother. everyone on here knows that the main players will be tate, wadeker, watkins, slattery, miller, campbell, parsons, and the new kid. if injuries occur then little leasure and maybe nestor. leasure gets knocked down on every play and cant cath the ball. williams puts his head down and just heads for the rim and throws it up. hoffman and little leasure need to hit the weight room in order to play. so like i said those main 8 or 9

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Below is a link to an article on Curt Plummer leaving Belpre.

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page/con ... l?nav=5063

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Return to “Boys Basketball”