SEO

Re: Chillicothe vs. Northwest 2/28

Post by Black Panther »

Easy win for the Cavs...

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Should be really ugly but you never know.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

Northwest is one win and done and they have that one win...Cavs win this one...

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Not so fast my friends. Northwest will not go down lightly. They may have not handled their business against the likes of Wheelersburg, Oak Hill or Waverly. However, we did not handle our business against Waverly.

They do have a nice kid on the block (Hank Leslie) who may give us some trouble. He will not be Joe Pratti, but we will have to defend him. I am sure they will also shot the 3-ball as I am told they like that. If anyone gets hot (remember Ironton in game 1 and Logan Elm) then we will have a contest.

Cavs have to D up and make it difficult to score like we did at Zanesville last Saturday. Then we have to make shots as well. If we can get into the 60's, I feel very comfortable. 3 plus guys in double figures and I will feel real good.

I know I will sound like I am sandbagging, but our trip through the tourney is loaded with land mines and traps. We have all ready lost to potential 2 teams (Warren and Waverly) that block our path to the Regional. I want to take it one game at a time. Lets take Northwest real serious and make sure we don't overlook anyone. We cannot afford to do that. It is "One and Done" time, so lets get after it. Kids should be rested up and ready to go. I am sure Coach K. is chompin at the bit and ready to get back on the sidelines.

GO CAVS!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I dont think it will be close. Valley beat NW by 20+ both times this season....

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

NW= Toast

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

Won't be close. Cavs by 30 or more. Defend #24 and disrupt #23 from shooting the threes and the boys will be fine. Look for the back door cuts.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

I think I have to agree with Hitchbone we still have to play and play hard no matter who it's against! We have shown through out the year that if Chillicothe plays a the level of their competition Chillicothe could be in for a long game,but with that being said if Chillicothe plays Chillicothe basketball it will be fairly ugly for Northwest! Chillicothe I know is chomping at the bit wanting a rematch with either Waverly or Warren they play great in rematch games(Ironton,Zanesville). Go CAVS!!!!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Chillicothe should win this one easily.......but Hank Leslie and Kraig Crabtree are nice players for the Mohawks.......they combined for almost 50 points vs. Portsmouth........Northwest should be much improved next season, with most of the team coming back.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

trojandave wrote:Chillicothe should win this one easily.......but Hank Leslie and Kraig Crabtree are nice players for the Mohawks.......they combined for almost 50 points vs. Portsmouth........Northwest should be much improved next season, with most of the team coming back.

24 hours to game time. I have went from watching the Cavs play a game every other night to sitting for a week. Now I have caught something and could not get my b-ball fix at the Waverly/McClain game. After reading the post on the North Adams vs Portsmouth thriller, I am getting more nervous.

It is time for the Senior laden games to flex their muscles tomorrow. The last two years, Coach K. and the Cavs have come out strong in their Sectional matchups. They have made huge defensive statements. I am hoping for the same, but Leslie and NW three ball players have me a bit anxious.

I am looking for the Cavs to hold NW to about 30 in the first 3 qtrs. If we can do that, then everything should work out. I am also hoping to have a solid contingent of Cavs fans tomorrow as Northwest invades the gym that "Jordan Built".

GO CAVS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

You have nothing to worry about.The Cavs win big! Prediction: Chillicothe 73, Northwest 42.
Last edited by Black Panther on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good Luck Cavs........

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Hitchbone relax the boys are WELL rested and ready to play that win at Zanesville I think finally woke them up! Your nervous about this game? What I'm worried about is if we win we have a REMATCH with Warren! Now I've said this many times before if you beat Chillicothe the first time LOOK OUT because they will be salivating at the mouth to get back at you!(Ironton killed them the second time,Zanesville at their place for SEOAL Championship) I can't wait almost 12 hours away!!!!!!!!!!GO CAVS!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go CAVs

Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

getting ready to head to richmondale!! Go Cavs!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Leslie and Crabtree will have to have monster games for Northwest to hang but it can be done....Remember the Waverly game? I see Chillicothe playing good defense and coming out on top 61-48.

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

anyone with updates

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

at the end of 1 cavs 20 mohawks 10

open_post
Freshman Team