Warren vs. Chillicothe @ the convo 3/5 8PM

tribetime
Freshman Team

Re: Warren vs. Chillicothe @ the convo 3/5 8PM

Post by tribetime »

Congratulations to the Cavs.

Didnt make it to the game, but it sounds like the Warriors played their hearts out. I sincerely believe this season was one of Coach Maddox's best coaching performances. He really got a lot out of these players and I hope he's at Warren for another 10 years. These players could have packed it in after a couple of losing streaks, but they never gave up. Hats off to these seniors, they put in their time and worked hard in their years at Warren. Looking ahead, the future is always bright....Fivecoait, Lang, Austin, Venham, and Knost will lead the way for exciting season in next year.

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Cavs started out very workman like. Turner missed some 3's early but they were good looks in a new building and I'll take those shots. They looked disinterested at times but managed to fight through the adversity. They got big contributions from Ron Smith, Mike Turner, and my player of the game, Caleb Knights. The Cavs have to pick up the intensity Big time from here on out. I know we beat Marrietta badly earlier but they are a different team and we must come to play.

The STUDENT SECTION SHOULD BE ASHAMED. As a former athlete, I know that adrenaline carries you only so far and at times you draw energy from the crowd. For a school with nearly 1000 students, which is the defending state champion, which is one of the best programs in this part of the state, which has a senior class that has given so much to the program, which is in the district finals, having around 40 students sitting down with their feat on the up on the bar not cheering is PATHETIC. The STUDENTS should be ASHAMED of themselves for not supporting the team. The ADMINISTRATION should be ASHAMED of themselves for not encouraging and fostoring a good student section. The CHILLICOTHE FANS as a whole should be ASHAMED for not coming out to support this team. The numbers yesterday were terrible. I know the economy is bad but come on. I live in a four person family. Two attend college. One works and one is unemployed and we ALL made it to the game.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Gymratt, I was shocked by the fan attendance from Chillicothe. On the other hand Warren has a huge following in all of their sports. The Warrior student section did a great job last night and even though they were far from the court they gave their team a lift last night when they needed it.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

The end of the season is always rough,

but I'm proud of what this team has accomplished and impressed when I look at the determination and resolve they played with all night long. Warren may have played better in the 3rd than 4th, but they didn't die....

The future of Warren basketball is bright, this program isnt about names its about class, skill, and tough conditioning. Fivecoait, Venham and Cunningham will lead the way with Ellenwood, Lang, and Knost right behind. There are talented sophomores and an excellent freshmen class who will be ready to contribute...Warren'll be back.

Great finishing run by the Cavs, best of luck the rest of the way

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

I totally agree gymratt... the Chilly showing in attendance and enthusiasm was a joke .... embarrassing to say the least ..DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS C'MON LETS SUPPORT THESE KIDS AND STUDENTS LIGHT A MATCH TO YOUR HEINY'S AND ROOT YOUR FELLOW STUDENTS TO VICTORY!!!! STAND UP BE PROUD AND SHOUT OUTLOUD WE ARE THE CAVALIERS WE ARE THE CAVS WE ARE THE MIGHTY CAVS !!!!

dawescpa
Riding the Bench

Post by dawescpa »

gym

I have refused to get too heated but I am a bit saddened knowing that any next game may be my son's last. He has poured 4 years of dedication, hard work, taking abuse, emotionally drained, physically drained, blood and guts left on the floor. He and the others represent not only Chillicothe High School, but the administration, the students, the city and the entire area. the comitment they have made demands our respect.(as in Hoosiers)

Hitch and I have talked for 4 years trying to get support from the admin, the fans, the people. Our crowds the entire year have been nothing more than average. What else could you want? This senior class is 73-23! Seth and Caleb have played in 94 and 89 varsity games respectively. How many varsity players out there can say they have played in 90 games?!!!This group has been a part of 2 SEOAL Championships, 3 Sectional Championships, 2District Championships, 1 Regional Championship(2 appearances), 1 State Championship. I have no answers why we as a program can not get people to attend and support.

This group has had a bullseye on their back the entire year. The pressure on this group is probably more than the group last year. But guess what? They show up, they go to work, they play their guts out and I for one am extremely proud of the group, the coaching staff, and my son. Sometimes we take things for granted, and it seems like Seth and Caleb have been out there forever, but they will leave, just like all other seniors have in the past. It is true, we do not have the type of players we had last year that could just flat out go get you, but instead we have a group that just flat out know how to win. They don't care who scores, who rebounds, or who gets what award, but they do care about doing the right things, about being on time, about doing what is asked of them, and about winning. Let's get behind this group, people for however long this ride lasts!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

dawescpa as always nails it right on the head. A few have tried for years to get people behind these kids. First, I heard it was the lack of wins and lack of character. We got through that and win a State Championship. Everyone jumps on boad as the tourney train rolled from Athens to Columbus. This year, we are the defending State Champs and the kids get less support then they did two years ago.

I just know one thing....These kids will battle and do it with pride, respect and dignity. I was extremely disappointed in our student section yesterday. My brother-in-law said it was Warren was closer. I for one say it is because we (Chilly) don't have enough school spirit. There are enough yellow buses sitting empty in the evening that 3-4 of them could have rolled 150-200 kids down the highway. It is a disgrace to watch the Convo Security guard an area (Student area) that is about 10% full.

My hope is next week is better, but I have been hoping that for 4 years. I know plenty of seniors (65 and up) that travel to most games. They are on fixed incomes and still make the sacrifice. They follow these kids (win or lose). Yet, I guarantee you if we get to the Regionals, everyone will be bum rushing the line to get the best seats instead of giving them to the people that have been with these kids from the beginning of the year.

The kids do feel the energy in the arena. It does help to feel the crowd with you. These games are going to get tougher and every little bit helps, but if it is just a few of us, we will be screaming our lungs out for our beloved State Champs!!!

GO CAVS!!!

backinblack
Riding the Bench

Post by backinblack »

Hats off to Warren in this game...they played extremely well and almost knocked off Chili!! It was a great game to watch, but I must admit I was pulling for the Warriors and would like to have seen a different outcome! :) One thing I will say is that Hebb played an awesome game & left it all on the floor. What a way to go out as a Senior...in a game like that...and if ya gotta go down...go down fighting! 28 pts.! Good Luck to the Seniors...Hebb, Hoon & Anderson (sorry if I forgot someone)!

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

hitch, ive been saying for the last 2 years our crowd is pathetic. other than the LE game this year, and the zanesville game last year, we have been at about 60% capacity. students at chs could care less about their fellow classmates. and the people in this town don't support anything that doesnt benefit themselves.....look how long it took for the "citizens" of this town to pass a school levy. go to your restaraunts, get fat, and sit your non supporting ###### on your couch, while myself and my family go support these kids! WIN OR LOSE!!!
Last edited by Bronc21 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

bronc21 wrote:hitch, ive been saying for the last 2 years out crowd is pathetic. other than the LE game this year, and the zanesville game last year, we have been at about 60% capacity. students at chs could care less about their fellow classmates. and the people in this town don't support anything that doesnt benefit themselves.....look how long it took for the "citizens" of this town to pass a school levy. go to your restaraunts, get fat, and sit your non supporting ###### on your couch, while myself and my family go support these kids! WIN OR LOSE!!!

bronc21,

You nailed it. We pass the levy by one vote (on a recount), we redo the gym and reduce the seating. Why...Because we fill up everyone of these restaraunts that keep popping up all over town.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

well its been a pleasure watching this group of seniors the last 4 years....from the home games at OUC, to the games at the redone Hatt. these kids have showed class and represented CHS greatly, and im proud of each and everyone of them. you gave chillicothe a state championship, something i never thought i'd see in my lifetime. THANK YOU CAVS!!!!

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

bronc21 wrote:well its been a pleasure watching this group of seniors the last 4 years....from the home games at OUC, to the games at the redone Hatt. these kids have showed class and represented CHS greatly, and im proud of each and everyone of them. you gave chillicothe a state championship, something i never thought i'd see in my lifetime. THANK YOU CAVS!!!!

Right on the money !!!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

I posted about the fans on the other site. When I went to High School(89-93) we wasn't as fortunate to have a State Champion to cheer for let alone a Sectional Championship! I have a wife and 3 young children and I have never stopped supporting the CAVS! These kids make me proud because my two little sons last year looked up to Humpty,Ray and Stew they see these kids and they want to be like them. My oldest son even wears the #24 and it's because of what he will never forget about last year's team! This year eventhough it's not the same team,my kids faces light up as soon as they leave the locker room for warm-ups. They think Caleb,Seth and Michael are the greatest thing walking! I know I'm rambling but what I'm trying to say is don't stop cheering because they don't blow teams out everynight,don't stop cheering because it's not Humpty and the Boyz.This team has played hard all year and have fought hard in every game.You at least have to respect them,they have beat teams the likes of Detroit Prep,Reynoldsburg! If that don't get your respect nothing will!!! The Administration likes to wait to see how far they are going to go first before they spend any money(cheapo's).Get those buses a rolling and get behind this team you'll be surprised at how good they really are! My hand goes out to the Seniors! What a record it's hard to achieve something like that! Also my hand goes out to the kids waiting in the wing your turn is coming!!! GO CAVS!!!!!

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

The lack of student enthusiasm starts with the administration...say no more!!!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

I want to complement exactly the thing Cavs fans are expressing disappointment at:

Warren Student Section was AWESOME! I haven't seen a student section that into a game since, like January 23rd!

BTW, Congrats to seniors, great run, awesome game, great four years...thanks for all the dedication and enthusiasm you have brought to Warren basketball.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

WHSwarrior wrote:I want to complement exactly the thing Cavs fans are expressing disappointment at:

Warren Student Section was AWESOME! I haven't seen a student section that into a game since, like January 23rd!

BTW, Congrats to seniors, great run, awesome game, great four years...thanks for all the dedication and enthusiasm you have brought to Warren basketball.

I'll second that and here's to the future success of the program.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

WHS95FAN wrote:
WHSwarrior wrote:I want to complement exactly the thing Cavs fans are expressing disappointment at:

I'll second that and here's to the future success of the program.

This Cavs fan will also second that. I thought Warren's Student section was outstanding. Not sure how they are normally, but the game at Warren and then Thursday night was true spirit. The Cavs have seen alot of that this year, but I am not sure there was any better then the Warren students.

GO CAVS!!!

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

I just want to say that, I have seen A LOT of schols play this year. Big ones, small ones, and "how is there a school this tiny" ones. Chillicothe has THE WORST SUPPORT of any school I've seen all year, and they are THE BEST TEAM I've seen all year. Small schools with classes of 40 or 50 have student sections that make more noise, and on occasion bring more. Schools that are closer to Chillicothe's size have student sections for regular season, road games that are better then Chilli's is for tournament games. Even Miami Trace (won 2 games I think) had a better cheering section. We had better support the first year after OUC and at that point we didn't even have a "program" yet. It's Pathetic. Get some buses with students down there.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Cavs deserve support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

I think the Cavs fans will come out this friday against Marietta for the district final game. However, I think if the Cavs win and face Logan Elm in the regionals everybody & their brother will show up for that game. The fans will come out of the closet and it will be tough for all the people that have watched this team throughout the year to get a seat! It's not right but just the way it is......... These seniors definately deserve the fan support the rest of the way....

Return to “Boys Basketball”