Anthony Williams.....Portsmouth....12.....6-6.....F

MVP Anthony Williams.....Portsmouth
COY Gary Kellough.....Chillicothe

As Per LDN

gymratt
Freshman Team

Re: All/SEOAL

Post by gymratt »

Is that your predictions or is that what it is?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

As Per Logan Daily News

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Congrats to Williams for being the South MVP. I think he is very deserving of the award.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

pratti not player of the year in the north?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Congrats to all of these young men. I believe all of them are deserving. However, I am a bit disappointed and dismayed, that Joe Pratti was not POY in the North. I am also somewhat surprised that Coach Aronhalt did not get Coach of the year in the North. They lost a ton of scoring (as did the Cavs) and still dominated the North. I understand that Zanesville did not have a great overall record, but their schedule strength and their league record shows me something different.

I heard the news about Pratti lask week and was shocked but did not post anything. IMO, there is a little payback for Z-Ville leaving the league. I am happy for Patrick Angle as he is an excellent athlete and player. However, Logan as a team struggled overall and in the league. Pratti took a team that struggled early in their brutal non-conference schedule and lead them to a league best in wins.

Congrats to Anthony Williams who is a double/double machine for the Trojans. I was positive the Trojans would be competing for the South Division this year with Anthony manning the post.

Finally congrats to the three fine Seniors from Chilly. Dawes, Knights and Smith. They close out three years in the SEOAL with 3 - South Division titles (undisupted), and 2 Overall SEOAL - Championships. While IMO I would have voted for Seth Dawes as POY, our balance this year (Four in Double Figures) does not lead to big statistical numbers. Also, if the SEOAL had a most improved player, IMO it would go to Cavs senior Gregg VanVolkinburg. Without him we are not the League Champion.

GO CAVS!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Also, Congrats to Coach Gary Kellough for his third straight Coach of the Year award. He is very deserving. Everyone knew the South Division was for the taking this year and after the Cavs lost the first league contest to Ironton, the others had to be licking their chops (looking for some payback). After losing that game, the Cavs went on a big roll and did not lose another game in the South. The Cavs win 15 Regular Season against a brutal non-conference schedule after losing 80% of their scoring from last year. Yet our defense still holds teams to 43 ppg and we score at a 60 ppg clip. Now it is time to play another revenge game against Warren at the Convo. The SEOAL will have at least one team in the District Final.

GO CAVS!!!!

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

WOW. Shocked at the POY's. Angle is a nice player but football season is over. Prati was no doubt the best AND most important player in the entire league. The comment about Van Volkinburg being most improved was dead on. IMO Williams is a great player, but not so far ahead that he deserved to win it on a team that finished at the bottom of the standings. IMO it should have gone to a Chilli player or maybe an Ironton player if not a Cavalier. Just my opinion.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

I was going to post on this subject, but then i was distracted by something else. noreply has posted nearly 141 thousand times in less than four years! that is insane, so i did a little math.
in this time span, to post almost 141,000 times you're posting over 100 times per day. if it takes two minutes to make every post, thats 200 minutes per day (which is 3.33 hours). times this 3.33 hours by the number of days in 3.5 years, and you get nearly 4,300 hours....
4300 hours is almost 178 days!

so i guess in conclusion, thank you for donating 178 days of your life to high school sports, i love them too.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Wow who does the voting? I agree with others about Pratti and the MVP.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:Wow who does the voting? I agree with others about Pratti and the MVP.

coaches do the voting. You can not vote for anyone on your team. However each coach puts a kid or kids up with stats and then the vote starts. I agree about pratti, I think that the other SEOAL coaches are tired of Zanesville being successful, plus them leaving the league so they give it to the Logan kid. I would like to see outsiders vote on it but still leave it up to the coaches to nominate kids from their teams. Just like the tourney draw it is all about who is friends with whom. (Great System!!)

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

congrats to coach secrest as well as tabler and eschbaugh but how does brockmeier not get in? don't know who i would take out but evan deserves it

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

tribetime wrote:I was going to post on this subject, but then i was distracted by something else. noreply has posted nearly 141 thousand times in less than four years! that is insane, so i did a little math.
in this time span, to post almost 141,000 times you're posting over 100 times per day. if it takes two minutes to make every post, thats 200 minutes per day (which is 3.33 hours). times this 3.33 hours by the number of days in 3.5 years, and you get nearly 4,300 hours....
4300 hours is almost 178 days!

so i guess in conclusion, thank you for donating 178 days of your life to high school sports, i love them too.

177 of those days where on the game form :lol: :lol:

hoopscoop
Waterboy

Post by hoopscoop »

Congrats to Williams-Horne from Portsmouth

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

etta09 wrote:but how does brockmeier not get in?

I agree on that one and also Brandon Fivecoait from Warren.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ttt

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Congrat's to Joe and Tanner from the Ville and to all that made all Seoal.
We also believe that we had the poy on our team but that's how it played out but like Hitchbone said why punish the kid's..

Good Luck to The SEOAL in the tournament......

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

ZvilleBlueDevil wrote:Congrat's to Joe and Tanner from the Ville and to all that made all Seoal.
We also believe that we had the poy on our team but that's how it played out but like Hitchbone said why punish the kid's..

Good Luck to The SEOAL in the tournament......

zbd,

I have now asked or discussed the North POY with over 30 people. Everyone of them were totally surprised that the POY did not come from Zanesville. Thanks for the Good Luck shoot. At least one of the remaining (Chilly or Marietta) will make it to the Regionals.

GO CAVS!!!

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

Brockmeier deserved to be on all league team. Those all league voting meetings cannot be much fun for coaches. IMO Evan is unsung hero on this Tiger team.Every player has a role on this team. Tiger teammates c-staff and fans know he is a BIG part of this teams success.Knowing E.B. he would rather have a District Championship.good luck against Chilly! Congrats to Anthony and Zane!

tropical breeze
Riding the Bench

Post by tropical breeze »

Not to take anything away from any of the kids that got their awards, but if there was a draft of players in "both" leagues and ya had the No# 1 draft pick of any kid.
Who would ya take? I would imagine a very large percent of those casting their pick would pick Joey Pratti from Zanesville. There are many very good players in the league, but Pratti was the best player in either league.

Return to “Boys Basketball”