Eastern Meigs vs. Western Pike @ The Convo

baller2408
Waterboy

Re: Eastern Meigs vs. Western Pike @ The Convo

Post by baller2408 »

I dont kno who you have been watchin Jimmy Chipwood but shanks is pretty quick when he wants to be and smithson can be as well... Now no one on that team will ever be as fast as White but i havent seen anyone really as quick as him... I dont think that eastern will be able to stop shanks or smithson in the post...

Western by 10

C.O.T.C.
Waterboy

Post by C.O.T.C. »

Kid green wrote:All the no sayers on here will soon learn. Howie will show them what he is made of. He said he is going to stomp and stare at the refs even more than last game. He said if they call more than 5 fouls on his boys each half he wont let them ref any more at Eastern. Howie wants to win this game cause he knows the refs kept them from beating this team last year. So I take Howies Eagles.

FEARtheSTOMP!

The refs do.

western beat the eagles last year fair and square!! the reffs might have been bad but they called bad calls towards western the whole game and western still kept up with eastern. then at the end of the game the refs actually called against meigs for once and western pulled through and won in the end of the game!!! but western will come out in a roar and play like a team and when they get on fire, you can consider the eagles Scalped

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

Montgomery scored 19 on Reedsville Eastern because of his size and strength in the post. If Eastern can't find a way to better their post defense Shanks may have a field day down their, and Smithson could do the same. Eastern may have the speed, but Western's size will be to much. I'll take Western by 12.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

I'll go with Reedsville Eastern in this one.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Go Get It wrote:It is Reedsville Eastern, not Eastern Meigs or just Meigs.

I prefer Eastern(Meigs) old school

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

By the way Go Eagles at the convo get a W.

GreenDevils#1
Freshman Team

Post by GreenDevils#1 »

Eastern wins big, Western is horrible......

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard live on K-92 "The Frog" 92.1 FM

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

GreenDevils#1 wrote:Eastern wins big, Western is horrible......

If I were Western I wouldn't feel to bad. This coming from a 6th grade coach. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought someone told you Green Devil to wait till you got the 7th grade job before you started giving scouting reports. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Well I don't think that Meigs will win big, but I do think they'll win. Western just hasn't impressed me that much this year when I have seen them, but maybe the games I have seen have been there off nights. But Good Luck 2 Both Teams.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

I'm goin' with The Eagles by 8.

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

Jimmy, you don't think I know the difference between speed and quickness? I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but from playing baseball in college and coaching varsity basketball for around 15 years I think I would have a few people agree that indeed I DO know the difference. But I truly thank you for your detailed definition. So let me rephrase, Shanks and Smithson are not lumbering post players, they can run the floor and use their quickness to get easy baskets. On the big Convo floor, Penwell and some of the other Western perimeter players are quick enough to handle the full court pressure you all are talking about Eastern applying. By the way, the "timed the in the 40 with a sundial" comment was humor, I'm sure some got it. Howie, who by the way I have as much respect for as any coach in the area, will have his team ready. I just don't believe that if the Western team I referred to (Shanks & Smithson playing like men for 40 minutes, and Penwell shooting a nice percentage from long range and the guards handling the pressure), Eastern has the firepower to stay with Western. But again, I will stay by the first prediction I made, Western going away, or Eastern in a close one. Bottom line, if both teams play their best games, the Indians advance.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

HoundsAre4Real wrote:Well I don't think that Meigs will win big, but I do think they'll win. Western just hasn't impressed me that much this year when I have seen them, but maybe the games I have seen have been there off nights. But Good Luck 2 Both Teams.

I agree Meigs will win this one. But only cause Howdy gets all the calls like his boy Kid green says. :lol:

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Western has more horses in this one, but will they show up and play hard? If not, they will likely lose.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:
HoundsAre4Real wrote:Well I don't think that Meigs will win big, but I do think they'll win. Western just hasn't impressed me that much this year when I have seen them, but maybe the games I have seen have been there off nights. But Good Luck 2 Both Teams.

I agree Meigs will win this one. But only cause Howdy gets all the calls like his boy Kid green says. :lol:

Meigs isn't playing. It's Meigs East, as it will be after consolidation. Howdee only gets all the calls when he plays at home. :lol:

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

Don't even try to compare Meigs with Eastern. No comparison at all!Eastern is way better.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

hardhitter ll wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:

Meigs isn't playing. It's Meigs East, as it will be after consolidation. Howdee only gets all the calls when he plays at home. :lol:

Sorry, Meigs East will win this one cause all the Howdy fans say he gets all the calls. :mrgreen:

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Could someone PM me a roster for Western for our radio broadcast. I'd like to have that out of the way before we get there. Thanks ..... "The Frog"

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Looks like most of the Western fans are counting out Eastern without even knowing who the team really is. I for one have not seen Western play, but I have seen Eastern. And let me tell you, this team is far better than most people think. They are 10 deep with players who all deserve to start. They are a fast team, led by a VERY VERY fast point guard who can absolutely shoot the lights out of the ball. He's recently found his shooting stroke after suffering from an ACL tear last season in which he recovered from faster than he should've. Eastern doesnt have any real huge size..I'd say Johnson is 6'3" or 6'4" but he can jump like he's 6'7" or 6'8"..and Pierce can grab a rebound or two...or 15. Other than those two, every player they put on the court are shooters from downtown. Like I said, I haven't seen Western play...but Eastern plays very stout defense when they want to..and I've seen them shut down some really good players before. So when it comes down to big men running the court, I wouldnt say Western will be getting any easy buckets.

I'm just saying lets not count the Eagles out of this one yet..

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

gh123 wrote:Looks like most of the Western fans are counting out Eastern without even knowing who the team really is. I for one have not seen Western play, but I have seen Eastern. And let me tell you, this team is far better than most people think. They are 10 deep with players who all deserve to start. They are a fast team, led by a VERY VERY fast point guard who can absolutely shoot the lights out of the ball. He's recently found his shooting stroke after suffering from an ACL tear last season in which he recovered from faster than he should've. Eastern doesnt have any real huge size..I'd say Johnson is 6'3" or 6'4" but he can jump like he's 6'7" or 6'8"..and Pierce can grab a rebound or two...or 15. Other than those two, every player they put on the court are shooters from downtown. Like I said, I haven't seen Western play...but Eastern plays very stout defense when they want to..and I've seen them shut down some really good players before. So when it comes down to big men running the court, I wouldnt say Western will be getting any easy buckets.

I'm just saying lets not count the Eagles out of this one yet..

Wow! 10 deep? Makes it sound like they should have won a lot more games this year than they did. Maybe the coaching just wasn't what it should have been. Oh thats right, the coach doesn't care about the regular season. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”