2011-12 Southern Tornadoes

Steegal
Freshman Team

Re: 2011-12 Southern Tornadoes

Post by Steegal »

Hardwood wrote:Southern didn't lose twice to Howie last year. Actually Howie is 3-7 in the last 10 games against the Tornadoes.
He will own Southern now that he has talent again. He gets more from his players than any coach around. :12224

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Steegal wrote:
Hardwood wrote:Southern didn't lose twice to Howie last year. Actually Howie is 3-7 in the last 10 games against the Tornadoes.
He will own Southern now that he has talent again. He gets more from his players than any coach around. :12224

Dont be so sure about that, I have seen these teams play at least once every year since Jeff has been at Southern. I dont feel his teams had alot more talent every single year than Eastern. I can't disagree with you on Howie getting the most of his players though. Fans may laugh at him for his stomping and yelling and the rolled up sheet of paper that he abuses, but the man knows the game well and knows how to get it out of his players. He has it and alot of coaches just don't

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Steegal wrote:

I think he has had some pretty talented teams at Eastern, last year they were 17-3 and the year before they were 19-1. He is taking over a team that went 5-15, so your statement really don't make any sense.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

Hardwood wrote:
Steegal wrote:

I think he has had some pretty talented teams at Eastern, last year they were 17-3 and the year before they were 19-1. He is taking over a team that went 5-15, so your statement really don't make any sense.
He beat Southern when he went 19-1, and no one gave last years team a chance to win 5 games before the season. When he had talent at EHS he dominated SHS. He will again since last years FH coach had not a clue. Just wait and see, Howie will have the Maroon and Gold rolling.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Why did he leave Eastern? You would think a coach that had been somewhere so long would develop talent in the lower grades? I think he is a good coach , I would probably rank him fourth or fifth best to coach at Southern.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

John Wooden wrote:Why did he leave Eastern? You would think a coach that had been somewhere so long would develop talent in the lower grades? I think he is a good coach , I would probably rank him fourth or fifth best to coach at Southern.
Fourth or fifth? That is funny. I have seen your posts on here before, so I know you have to be joking. An intelligent person such as yourself knows Howie is the best to ever coach at Southern, Eastern and now FH. :12224

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

Not joking at all Steegal, going by facts. I have Carl Wolfe, Larry Morrison, Charles Hayman and maybe Mike Morrison a head on my list.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

I'm surprised -- and a little disappointed to be honest -- that Trimble folk haven't hijacked this thread yet.
They must getting soft.
Good luck to Southern in 2011-2012!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Here you go Witpro:
Koondogger wrote:I don't remember ever losing to Southern, so if they would not of changed directions with the coaching changes you could have chalked up two more losses for Southern. As it is, Trimble will be among the W's on Southern's schedule.

Just my thoughts fella's. :mrgreen:
Good luck to Southern in 2011-2012!

Return to “Boys Basketball”