Waterboy

Re: 2009-2010 Clay basketball

Post by Smart Guy »

Been told worst by better !!! :122245

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I say if he would play Lawson and Grahm at the same time that they would do alot better when they are out there

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Clay will have a strong team next year as long as they get the people who are not playing other sports to open gym as much as possible. Itll be a good year to come for this clay team in the next two years.

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

All im going to say is Clay is going to be a tough team in the SOC. They have 3 returning starters Valentine, Bussler, Burchett who are going to be juniors and 1 returning starter Lawson which is going to be a senior and Caseman started a few games and got alot of playing time. They have another big man Graham who didnt get much playing time in the season but he played alot of JV but he made Lawson a better player in practice he work his butt off to make him better. He is going to be a go 2 guy this year too. Watch out for the Panthers!!! :-D

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I see Clay being the top team this confrerence with most of their players returing this year from this past season

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Clay will be much improved.

However, I heard Symmes Valley has all of their players back (including Tibbs)...Green will have all of their players returning, and Eastern loses a ton in Osborne and Helton) but still have a good nucleus of players that will be back. I believe East has their 2 best players back...

So, look for Clay to be in the mix but I don't think I'd crown them as favorites just yet

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

East did loose a lot of players in their seniors though

Smart Guy
Waterboy

Post by Smart Guy »

BLZBUB wrote:Clay will still struggle if the coaching style doesn't change. I am not saying the coach, so don't get in an uproar just yet, just the style of play. It hasn't worked in the past and won't work in the future. Until Clay's staff learns how to mix up offense and defense to fit what they are up against they will struggle. The games they won this year were games that the opponents played into Clays never changing game plan. Any team that threw something different or made adjustments at halftime beat Clay. Just look at the scores at halftime and then at the end of the third quarter in almost every loss to see how easy it was to adjust to Clay's style and beat them.

Do you really think you're helping the Clay program? Or, are you just trying to make yourself feel better?

Whatever helps you sleep at night !!! :122247

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

Smart Guy wrote:
BLZBUB wrote:Clay will still struggle if the coaching style doesn't change. I am not saying the coach, so don't get in an uproar just yet, just the style of play. It hasn't worked in the past and won't work in the future. Until Clay's staff learns how to mix up offense and defense to fit what they are up against they will struggle. The games they won this year were games that the opponents played into Clays never changing game plan. Any team that threw something different or made adjustments at halftime beat Clay. Just look at the scores at halftime and then at the end of the third quarter in almost every loss to see how easy it was to adjust to Clay's style and beat them.

Do you really think you're helping the Clay program? Or, are you just trying to make yourself feel better?

Whatever helps you sleep at night !!! :122247

That's all you got again!!!!!!!! Come on, you can do better than that.

No one is questioning that Trainer isn't a great guy, just hasn't proved to anyone that he is a great coach. Two years ago his team wasn't bad, had what, 8 Seniors, some good guards and a good big man and they won one game. Why? Because that offense was terrible for that team. They didn't have the capabilities of making 5-7 passes before they took a shot. They turned the ball over way to much for that. Did he ever readjust during the season and try something else.NO!!!!!!

Last years team was young, but they had some experience playing varsity. They had quick fast guards and a decent big man that sat the bench in Graham and he had them running a stall type offense. They had the horses to get out and run-n-gun and he never turned them loose. Once again what he was doing wasn't working, so did he change it up. ONCE AGAIN, NO!!!!!!!!

Yes, they will have a very experienced team returning next year. Most of the players coming back got a lot of playing time at the varsity level. Like someone mentioned above though, you can't give them the gold SOC ball jsut yet. All the other schools have some nice players coming back also. It all comes down to who works the hardest during the offseason at open gyms and just playing pickup ball anytime they have a chance.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

i agree with smart guy
all this blaming and tearing down only hurts the program

as coach barrick said saturday morning...

too much credit is given to coaches for wins...too much blame is given to coaches for loses...it ultimately rests on the shoulders of the kids...

he was talking about the work in the off season, listening to coaches, following the rules, buying into the program, being team players, knowing their roles...success will not come without commitment...

i think this definitely applies to Clay...

TARTAN/TITAN
Freshman Team

Post by TARTAN/TITAN »

IVE SEEN TRAINER COACH ABOUT 5 TIMES, HE IS FUN TO WATCH, BUT LIKE MOST HAVE SAID, HE DOESNT SEEM TO KNOW HOW TO HANDLE MOST SITUATIONS, BIGGEST BEING WHEN TO CAL TIME OUTS WHEN OPPOSING TEAMS GO ON BIG RUNS,AND WHEN TO SUB HIS OWN PLAYERS.,

I SEEN HIM TAKE HIS HOT MAN OUT AT CRUCIAL TIMES

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

Can we please quit dogging the Coach all the time. Sometimes its the players that miss the shots, turn the ball over, and don't play defense. That saying clay should be pretty good next with the returning cast and also all the players who graduated this past year. if we play a run n gun offense and focus on defense then we will have success. Valentine, Bussler, Burchett, and maybe Pollard at the guard position and Lawson, Graham, Caseman, and I heard a kid is coming back after taking a year off. From what I've also heard he's a strict role player. He should help with rebounding and defense. Anybody know anything about this kid?

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

claypantherfan wrote:People going in the summer can make a big difference on a team getting better

True that Tecumseh!

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

yeah i know who you are talking about and yeah he is a good rebounder and can play some good D

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

OHSAA needs to get a handle on this transferring of schools. I think KY has a rule if you even move your whole residence you have to sit out for a year. That is the way it should be here as well.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Bring back Arch Justus!!!

osubuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by osubuckeye »

Smartguy have you ever watched basketball before? Or for the matter coached a team? Trainer is a good guy, honest as they come..but he does not know how to coach a high school team that has as little talent as Clay. Kids at Clay needed to be taught plays and fundamentals...from what I saw none of that happened.

Return to “Boys Basketball”