Can anyone stop Logan Elm from making it to the Final Four ?

pbuck
All State

Can anyone stop Logan Elm from making it to the Final Four ?

Post by pbuck »

I'm really impressed by the Braves. I don't think anyone can beat them down here @ the Convo. Any thoughts ????

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Re: Can anyone stop Logan Elm from making it to the Final Four ?

Post by ChillSoftball »

I'm impressed with the Braves also but I certainly see Chillicothe being able to beat them. At best I'd call that game 50/50.

But...let's try and beat Marietta and L.E. needs to take care of Hillsboro and then.......we'll see :12223

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

I am sure LE is not looking ahead that far and I am sure their fans are not either. When you get to District play every game is a battle. The crowd, nerves, injuries, officiating (the way the call the game) is all different then the regular season.

Every turnover is magnified. Every free throw attempt has spinkters getting tighter. Every coaching decision may decide the course of the season. Every player that has not been in a pressure cooker may feel weak legs.

Saying all that, LE has been there before. They have been successful and I fully expect them to be successful Friday night. That gets them to the Sweet 16. That is an amazing accomplishment. IMO, everything after that is gravy.

To answer your question. Yes...There are 4 teams that can stop LE from getting to the Final Four. The three opponents they would have to play to get that far and LE themselves.

The Cavs faithful know it is a tough road to get through their unscathed. We were forunate last year, but two years ago, we lost in the Elite 8 while playing a subpar game against a strong DeSales team. Stiverson and the LE kids know it is a tough road to.

However, I wish them well and hopefully we can have a rematch in the next week or so. Today it is first things first. A visit to the Convo to see who cuts the nets down on Friday night.

GO CAVS!!! and Good Luck to the other D2 participants!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

You can't take anyone lightly right now or you'll get beat. LE has to be ready for Hillsboro. After that if you want to project, both Chillicothe and Dover are high quality opponents. What Gary Kellough has done at Chilli speaks for itself and Dover is one of the better programs in eastern Ohio.

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

These kids are focused we'll be just fine.

earp
S

Post by earp »

If they get Dover in the regional look for the Tornadoes to slow things down and try to control tempo on Logan Elm!I just dont see them having much trouble with Hillsboro!I havent seen Dover in a couple of years but I know Von Kaenel and he seems to like that style at least when I have seen them play!

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

I'd say that truthfully after seeing all teams remaining in the SE district that the ONLY teams that have a legit opportunity to beat LE are Chillicothe and Dover. Hillsboro has streaks of greatness and may hang with the Braves for a while but will undoubtedly dissapear for a 5 minute stretch and allow a 10-15 point swing. I hope I am wrong as I would like to see the Indians win. I don't see it happenning though. Chillicothe I'd say has a better than 50-50 chance to beat them. I would put my money, reluctantly, on Chilli if I were forced to bet on that game. Dover, should L.E. get there would have a chance to beat them but not a great one. I'd say a 20% chance for the Tornadoes. Dover is much like L.E. with a rich program. They are not as strong this year as some but they are here for a reason and are a dangerous team.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Watched LE play at the convo and they are a very well balanced team. Honestly I think they will blow Hillsboro out. They are one of the best teams I have seen play this year

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Earp LE can play the slow game too there so balanced they are able to be sucessful while playing any style I feel

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Dover is out... Upset in ot tonight.

tropical breeze
Riding the Bench

Post by tropical breeze »

Sorry to say, but the District and Regional's in Athens for D-2 has been weak the last few years. No Columbus team, No Zanesville. Yes, Chillicothe won the state last year with a talented team, but they were not tested until the State Semi's. Logan Elm (Chillicothe's toughest opponent before the state) would not have made it past the district's in other parts of the state (last year). Look At Chillicothe's path to the regionals this year.
Northwest
Warren
Marietta
Not exactly murderers row!

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

Hey Trop Breeze, Warren looked pretty good against the Cavs last week.Dont count out a Tiger team who is playing great team basketball right now. I hope Cavs looking ahead at a fine Logan Elm team. Just might make us Tiger fans celebrate a little on Friday night.

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Can one of the
admins merge these two identical threads?

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Everyone was worried about Dover...not any more...
Carrollton is a good team with a pair 6'5 wide bodies ,good guard play and excellent
defense "sound famaliar" there only weakness might be there young they start 3sophmore's and two junior's wow is all i can say.Can't wait for Athen's regional..

Good Luck SEOAL

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

TigerPaw22 wrote:Hey Trop Breeze, Warren looked pretty good against the Cavs last week.Dont count out a Tiger team who is playing great team basketball right now. I hope Cavs looking ahead at a fine Logan Elm team. Just might make us Tiger fans celebrate a little on Friday night.

The CAVS will not look forward, Coach K. will have this team ready to go at the task at hand and thats it! As I'm sure Logan Elm is not looking forward either! I will say though if the CAVS do take care of business in beating Marietta first and Logan Elm beats Hillsboro,the Regional Semis will be great! The CAVS do play better when their back is against the wall and shouldn't be taken lightly by anyone. On the other site Logan Elm is already the State Champ even without playing in the District Finals! Let's take care of Friday first then we will see. The winner of the SE will go to the State regardless of who it is,especially with Dover getting beat. The same thing happened last year,all the talk about Dover then they go down! Maybe we are in for a deja vu?! GO CAVS!!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Well I think all of the talk about Dover is was because they are such an established program and their style of play can also give people problems!Looks like Carrollton would not let them control tempo on them,I think the score was 60 to 50 something?

olay135
Freshman Team

Post by olay135 »

In one word "Marietta"

LetItRide
Freshman Team

Post by LetItRide »

The same Marietta Jackson beat late in the season. Not a chance.

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

tropical breeze wrote:Sorry to say, but the District and Regional's in Athens for D-2 has been weak the last few years. No Columbus team, No Zanesville. Yes, Chillicothe won the state last year with a talented team, but they were not tested until the State Semi's. Logan Elm (Chillicothe's toughest opponent before the state) would not have made it past the district's in other parts of the state (last year). Look At Chillicothe's path to the regionals this year.
Northwest
Warren
Marietta
Not exactly murderers row!

If you think Chillicothe's run this year has been easy please take a good look at Logan Elm's opponents.

I agree the district & regionals for Athens D-2 has been weak the last two years but to say Chillicothe wouldn't have made it past the districts in other parts of the state last year is crazy. Do I need to mention the teams Chillicothe beat last year?? No, but I will anyways.... Newark, Dayton Dunbar, Zanesville, Toledo Libbey, Poland Seminary, North College Hill.

I think it would have been a lot tougher to go through other disticts/regionals but I still would have liked their chances.

To answer the question on this thread... Chillicothe would be my first & only choice to beat Logan Elm. If Logan Elms shoots 60 percent from the field they will probably advance to the state semi final. If for some reason Marietta upsets Chillicothe, Logan Elms chances increase drastically on going to Columbus. I just don't see Hillsboro, Marietta or any team in the East beating Logan Elm or Chillicothe.

Chillicothe Cavaliers--- 2008 Division II State Champions!!!

tropical breeze
Riding the Bench

Post by tropical breeze »

baller3
Pleeease go back and read my post! I didn't say last year Chillicothe would not have made it past the districts in other parts of the state...I said "last year's LE team"...I also didn't say Chillicothe played an easy regular season schedule. I said they were not tested until the State Semi's (meaning in their tourney run). I think Chillicothe's team last year was a great team (obviously). And even though I think their tourney run was pretty easy to the state, I give'em all the credit in the world for beating two excellant teams in the State tourney. Matter of fact, I'll be their tommorrow night rooting (yes rooting) for Chillicothe. Ease up on this old man, my wife does the same thing and assumes what I'm saying rather than listens to what I'm actually saying! (hahahaha)..
PS....Be ware of the winner of Cambridge/Carrollton game

Return to “Boys Basketball”