JV Team

ANY SUPRISES THIS YEAR?

Post by southernohiofan »

Teams or Players

Lightle04
SE

Re: ANY SUPRISES THIS YEAR?

Post by Lightle04 »

I think western pike might be a surprise team after going winless last year they might be able to get a few this year.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

coal grove will be vastly improved after getting rid of randy ward.

ironmen60
Waterboy

Post by ironmen60 »

I think Jackson and colt chapman will surprise a few people this year.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles lost a lot from last year but will be better than most think. Same can be said of Manchester.

philbilly
Freshman Team

Post by philbilly »

Peebles should have excellent quickness this year. I think that they will be much better defensively.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Count the Redstreaks in there as a surprise team as well after losing 7 guys to graduation.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Wellston could make some noise with pretty much everyone back from last years 10-10 campaign. They should be in the top half of the TVC and have a great chance to get to the Convo.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

ironmen60 wrote:I think Jackson and colt chapman will surprise a few people this year.
Ironmen could play spoiler in the SEOAL. The upside there is pretty big. McKinniss will have JHS hitting on all cylinders soon.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I agree about Western Latham they go 10 deep this year and can score the ball at every position. They are kind of young but may be able to get a few wins this year.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Ironman60 or any other Jackson poster. I'd like a copy of Jackson's boys varsity 2011-12 basketball team for all-games standings. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Jackson Ironmen

12/2 Greenfield McClain (A)
12/6 Wheelersburg (A)
12/9 River Valley (H)
12/13 Portsmouth (A)
12/16 Chillicothe (H)
12/20 Gallia Academy (A)
12/27 Athens (H)

1/3 Minford (H)
1/6 Logan (H)
1/13 Warren (A)
1/17 Wellston (A)
1/20 Portsmouth (H)
1/24 Meigs (H)
1/27 Chillicothe (A)
1/31 Circleville (H)

2/3 Gallia Academy (H)
2/7 Vinton County (A)
2/10 Warren (H)
2/14 Unioto (H)
2/17 Logan (A)

... not sure I like doing ALL of this leg work for you jottings !!! LOL ...

Olgunner
Waterboy

Post by Olgunner »

ironmen60 wrote:I think Jackson and colt chapman will surprise a few people this year.
I agree the Ray kid also is a nice player

tortilla2
Waterboy

Post by tortilla2 »

I expect the Wellston Rockets to have a very successful season this year and make it to the convo easy, returning all 5 starters. The only name I've been hearing stand out is Blake Warrington, hitting a total of around 25 three pointers in two scrimmages. No one is expecting the Meigs Marauders to be successful this year, losing 3 of the best seniors around last season. What the Marauders will have this year that they did not have last year, is depth. All 11 guys on the varsity can actually play is what I'm hearing.

BB34
Waterboy

Post by BB34 »

Blake is a good kid and can shoot 3 pointers very well but he has not hit 25 of them in last 2 scrimmages. Not sure where your getting these stats but they are wrong???

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

tortilla2 wrote:I expect the Wellston Rockets to have a very successful season this year and make it to the convo easy, returning all 5 starters. The only name I've been hearing stand out is Blake Warrington, hitting a total of around 25 three pointers in two scrimmages. No one is expecting the Meigs Marauders to be successful this year, losing 3 of the best seniors around last season. What the Marauders will have this year that they did not have last year, is depth. All 11 guys on the varsity can actually play is what I'm hearing.

Blake is a great kid and a fine basketball player. I coached him in the summer/fall league in Chillicothe. He has good size and the handle to play the point if needed. I look for him to have a terrific year.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks for the Jackson scheule Pfloyd. Been after it for a week or two. Appreciate your help.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Your more than welcome jottings - you know that my friend ...

... a surprise TEAM that will be in the Elite 8 soon after the season opens will be the Fairfield Union Falcons of Coach Sky Brusco ... FU finished at 10-10 in the regular season last year ...led by sophomore PG Jordan Barr FU will be in the 15 or 16 win area this year ... fundamentals, defense, perimeter scoring from 4 or 5 players, good strength in the paint , depth off the bench ... look for Fairfield Union to be a surprise team this year - ALTHOUGH anyone who watched FU at the end of last year (only 2 seniors on last years squad) KNEW that Coach SKY was getting it done at FU - he has all the pieces in place going into the 2011-12 season...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd...Obviously Fairfield Union will play some quality competition in the MSL-Buckeye with Canal Winchester, Bloom-Carroll, Logan Elm and Teays Valley, but another game to watch for the Falcons and one you might want to put on your road trip slate is a Dec. 30 game at defending district champion Chillicothe.

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Post by RJ7171C71R »

I agree with Coal Grove surprising this year!They have beaten Wheelersburg and Portsouth Clay in scrimmages and Guard Alex Bare had 32 points on Saturday against Portsmouth Clay!

Return to “Boys Basketball”