Marietta vs. Chillicothe at the Convo on 3/13

distance40
Freshman Team

Re: Marietta vs. Chillicothe at the Convo on 3/13

Post by distance40 »

Marietta has been playing there best ball all season recently, they have all the momentum in the world coming into this game. They are the underdog and people in Marietta are really supporting and getting behind this team and thats what this team needs, this team doesn't have one or two stars its about 7 or 8 guys that see the court and work as a team to win games. Marietta beat Warren and I know its hard to make this comparison but Warren just took Chili to the wire, makes me think Marietta is ready to play with these guys. Good luck to both teams though, hopefully Marietta. Either way win or loss this has has been a great season for both teams.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Marietta will win by around 5 pts, will be hard battle but i believe Marietta comes out on top in this one. Chilli is horrible on the foul line and this will cost them the game.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

Marietta will have to shoot better from the foul line than they did against McClain especially in the first half.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Let's go Cavs!

Chilli by 10

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Diehard Fan wrote:Marietta will win by around 5 pts, will be hard battle but i believe Marietta comes out on top in this one. Chilli is horrible on the foul line and this will cost them the game.

chilli was 17-22 at the foul line vs warren....pretty good imo

backinblack
Riding the Bench

Post by backinblack »

WHSwarrior...are you serious??? That surprises me!!?? WHATEVER!!?? :roll:

GO GET 'EM, TIGERS!!

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

Ya i hear warren students want to come and cheer against us. All i have to say to that is JEALOUS MUCH??

but about the free throws it seems like some games chilli shoots well and some they don't and when they don't its really bad....i believe it was something like 11-24 the first time against warren? i know it was under 50%

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

WHSwarrior wrote:Let's go Cavs!

Chilli by 10

No they only beat you by 7. But on a serious note hows track and baseball conditioning going out in vincent??

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

etta09 wrote:
but about the free throws it seems like some games chilli shoots well and some they don't and when they don't its really bad....i believe it was something like 11-24 the first time against warren? i know it was under 50%

etta09,

Cavs have struggled with free throws over the past few years. However, we have been very solid in the clutch. We are a much better free throw shooting team in the 4th quarter (and in big games) then our average dictates. That is also a function of getting the ball in the right peoples hands. With the game on the line we have one of the finest Free Throw shooters in Cavs history in Seth Dawes. This young man was 11-12 on the biggest stage in High School hoops (D2 State Championships). He has ice in his veins. I fully expect the others to step up and knock them down when needed as well.

GO CAVS!!!

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

i wasn't trying to say that chilli was a bad free throw shooting team. i was just saying what i had noticed from their games against warren was that when they aren't shooting free throws well its not pretty. i noticed in the warren game at the convo that chilli was pretty clutch shooting free throws in the last 2 minutes when warren kept answering with 3's but chilli's free throw shooting late in the game helped them seal the deal. not to wish chilli bad luck but for mariettas sake i hope their free throw shooting is off friday night. we'll take any help we can get

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

etta09 wrote:i wasn't trying to say that chilli was a bad free throw shooting team. i was just saying what i had noticed from their games against warren was that when they aren't shooting free throws well its not pretty. i noticed in the warren game at the convo that chilli was pretty clutch shooting free throws in the last 2 minutes when warren kept answering with 3's but chilli's free throw shooting late in the game helped them seal the deal. not to wish chilli bad luck but for mariettas sake i hope their free throw shooting is off friday night. we'll take any help we can get

etta09,

I understand where you are coming from. When we miss them they are pretty ugly. I hope we don't give the Tigers to much help. They are playing pretty daggone well themselves. This game will still come down to defense, turnovers and who can knock down shots. The Cavs hold teams under 40% shooting typically (except Warren). If we can do that and knock down some shots early, I feel pretty good. If Marietta is knocking down 3 balls then it will be very interesting.

GO CAVS!!!

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

Hope Whs WARRIOR is just making a prediction. I hope a league rival would root for a Washington County team. I know I rooted for Frontier boys t-nite and tomorrow I will root for the Lady Wildcats of Waterford. Lets back the teams close to home. Lets go Tigers!

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

Good luck to our Tiger hoops team tomorrow night. Hope the Convo is rockin with lots of orange and black Tiger fans.No one gigiving us much of a chance. Love it! Have fun,take care of the ball,relax , rebound and play the game the way you have all year.Its YOUR night.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

Alright if the Cavs come out on fire it will be a long night for the Tigers.Then again if we let the Tigers stick around play then it will be and interesting night at the Convo.I'm not taking the Tigers on a lite note here mean they are in District Championship game so that tells me they have been playing some good basketball.The team that can make the baskets and rebound and can play defense will win the game.It should be a physical game between the Cavs and the Tigers.I will pick my Cavs over the Tigers by 12 points.
GO CAVS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

TigerPaw22 wrote:Hope Whs WARRIOR is just making a prediction. I hope a league rival would root for a Washington County team. I know I rooted for Frontier boys t-nite and tomorrow I will root for the Lady Wildcats of Waterford. Lets back the teams close to home. Lets go Tigers!

I am simply making a prediction, altho part of me wants to root for the team that knocked us out...

good luck to both teams tomorrow night.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

i think our boys are pretty excited to get a chance to knock off chilli in the district championship game. they have been working hard and i really think they can do it. Marietta fans better show up tomorrow night and be loud supporting the team cause they really deserve it. GO TIGERS!!

TigerPaw22
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerPaw22 »

Hey it is what it is.Ihope Warrior fans will root for our Tigers.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Good luck to both teams--Go SEOAL

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

Game Day. Let's go Cavs. Come out with intensity and DO NOT overlook the tigers. They are a capable team and we are vulnerable if we come out flat. All the talk about L.E. means nothing if we don't take care of business tonight. Play tough pressure D and convert that into points on the offensive end and we should be fine. Good luck Cavs.

Community: let's get out and support this team. There are only 32 teams left in the entire state. It is quite an accomplishment to get here. They deserve our support.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

WHSwarrior wrote:Let's go Cavs!

Chilli by 10

Sounds like more than a prediction (let's go Cavs!) to me.
Caught you in a big fib????????

Return to “Boys Basketball”